1) best “free” breakfast in the free world.
Many hotels provide a ‘free’ breakfast that is literally shipped in bags and reheated, usually not ever real eggs, not re-hydrated ones. NOT THE LODGE. The breakfast here comes from the kitchen, and includes amazing (real) eggs cooked fresh to perfection, and omelets. Fabulous thick cut bacon and sausage, fresh locally made breads, fresh cut fruit, yogurt parfaits, cereals and everything else you might want or expect. This is in their restaurant, not a lobby self-serve counter, and will meet what you’d expect from any upscale restaurant.
2) FASTEST WIRELESS INTERNET Service I’ve ever experienced in many years of travel.
OK, after saying the best breakfast, you think I am exaggerating, but get this…
WIRELESS service that averaged between 30 & 40 MBPS all day long!
Ya, I thought you’d like that. I tested it several times – I just couldn’t believe it. You know how it is in virtually EVERY other hotel – “free” internet means free aggravation.
3) Beautiful courtyard,
4) Comfortable beds,
5) Very clean,
6) Professional and helpful staff,
7) Excellent banquet or meeting facilities if needed,
8) location is fine – “downtown” if there is such a thing in a small town like Lethbridge, with a Tim Horton’s across the street, and the mall a couple blocks away.
9) Beautiful view of the Indian Battle Park coulee and the ‘famous’ train bridge in the west facing rooms.
10) Pool and hot tub in the courtyard are ok.
11) Very nice restaurant – not expensive, but served from a very good kitchen.
The only real negative is the size of the bathrooms. They are small.
SUM IT UP:
This hotel is older – I stayed here in 1986 as I traveled on my honeymoon, and it was “the” hotel back then. Now it is aged a bit, albeit, gracefully (aside from the small bathrooms)
The elevator is small and the hallways are narrow, and the decor and rooms, while well maintained, are dated somewhat.
I will stay here again if need be, even if the TV’s are the older style and the bathrooms are small, because it is clean, not overly expensive, staff are professional, courtyard is beautiful and the breakfast is second to none, free or otherwise.
Good luck and safe travels,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre, Sandman Hotel Group's newest hotel, is southern Alberta's premier lodging and conference facility. Offering 190 guest rooms, including 28 courtyard suites and 30 business class rooms, elegant options for your speakers and VIPs, and three delicious on-site dining options. Enjoy our recreational facilities with our indoor pool and hot tub, located in our beautiful courtyard, and take advantage of our fitness room situated on the first floor just off the main lobby. Complimentary guest parking, high speed Internet, and the scenic surroundings of the hotel all bring you a sense of comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lethbridge Hotel