“Excellent hotel”

Sandman Hotel Lethbridge
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed at the Sandman Inn this past Labour Day weekend to visit with friends in Lethbridge. The Sandman is in a great location on a main road in Lethbridge with easy access to many restaurants. There is a Denny's located directly in the hotel which was great for a quick meal. The hotel was clean, the rooms were great for our family and there were no concerns such as those that have been posted previously. The staff in the hotel were all friendly and polite and were able to assist with anything that came up either directly or by forwarding us to the appropriate person.

I would definitely stay here again upon a return trip to Lethbridge. This hotel is obviously being run by staff that care about their customers and that is very clear from the service that we received.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Bruce Primeau - General Manager

Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge for your recent stay while visiting friends. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will go out of their way to ensure the needs of the guest are met whether directly or indirectly as seems to be the case here.

The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge has been the recipient of the prestigious AHLA Housekeeping award for 4 consecutive years starting in 2007 and continuing through today which reinforces that your rooms were "clean and great" for your family.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2010

I had an unexpected stay at the Sandman last year and it left a good enough impression that when I found myself in Lethbrige again (on business this time) I booked again. The staff is attentive and courteous and the rooms are very clean. The fitness and pool facilities are convenient for those of us trying to stay in shape while travelling! Will stay again when here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2010

Bruce Primeau - General Manager

Thank you for your return visit to the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge. I am glad to see this visit was not due to car trouble but a return visit based on your positive experience from last year. Our staff pay close attention to detail and I am pleased they were able to assist you again. Our recently renovated fitness centre and pool are very popular with our guests and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Repeat travel, along with positive reviews/recommendations, is the best form of flattery we have here at the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge. Please visit us again soon when you find yourself in Southern Alberta.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

Our family stayed at the Sandman Inn during a recent trip to Lethbridge. The hotel is very centrally located in the City and was easy to find for someone that had never been to Lethbridge before. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and we very much enjoyed our stay. The property is very clean and has all necessary amenities, including a Denny's Restaurant attached to the hotel, a liquor store in the strip mall attached to the hotel, nearby Pizza and a 7-11 convenience store. All in all, great value. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Bruce Primeau - General Manager

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay during your last trip to Lethbridge. The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge prides itself on our knowledgeable and friendly staff who will go out of their way to ensure your stay is enjoyable.

Our hotel amenities are very convenient including the 24 hour Dennys and we have quite a few guests take advantage of Papa John's Pizza, Sweet Ideas Candy Shop and the 24 hour 7-11 located right outside our doors. Our pool has recently been renovated and I am glad that you and your family were able to take advantage during your stay.

Our pledge is to make your stay more enjoyable and I am glad we were able to accomplish that for you and your family. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Lethbridge.

Thank you again for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here while visiting friends in town and had a great visit. I was hesitant after reading the review about it being dingy or having an odor as I am sensitive to smells but made a reservation here based on the recommendation of our friends and I'm glad we did. The hotel was conveniently located and, I think, a great value. I noticed no smell at all - in fact it appeared exceptionally clean and well kept, even in the common areas, and all the staff we encountered were very friendly. The hotel is connected to a Denny's and has a 7-11 and a unique little candy shop in the same parking lot. I thought there possibly might be a lot of noise being above a 24 hr Dennys but we didn't notice any at all - our room was very quiet and I actually felt more comfortable with our car our in the lot knowing there was an active presence of employees around all night between the both the Sandman and Denny's staff.
If you are an active person the hotel has an indoor pool area that was nice and quiet during my morning swim and there is a nice big park with a lake (Henderson Park?) that has a paved path around it within walking distance from the hotel that was great - lots of runners/cyclists/picnic blankets etc.
All in all we had a great stay and were very happy with this hotel....

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2010

I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay and would like to thank your friends in Lethbridge for recommending us. To have guests notice that our property is, "in fact exceptionally clean including the common areas", speaks to our 4 consecutive AHLA housekeeping awards that my ataff and I are very proud of.

Henderson Lake and its pathways are very well used by the locals and our guests who run, walk or just enjoy their time outdoors. Our renovations to our pool and fitness areas have not gone unnoticed. I am glad you were able to take advantage of these amenities.

Our pledge is to make your stay more enjoyable and I am glad we were able to accomplish that for you and your husband. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Lethbridge.

Thank you again for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2010

This hotel is in a good location and has a Denny's ..... and none of my possessions were stolen during my stay. Other than that, not much positive to say about this place. Everything is dated and dingy. The internet was unreliable, beds uncomfortable, rooms were semi-clean. The first night we stayed there, when we went to order food at the lobby bar, the server said "I wouldn't get that". Me appreciating her honesty asked why and she said "The way tonight's going, it's going to take forever and be cooked wrong when it finally comes". We had been on our feet all day and although we found her brutal honesty very entertaining it wasn't what we wanted to hear from someone who we were trusting to prepare a meal for us. The most annoying thing about the stay was after returning to the hotel on the Saturday after dinner in hopes of having drinks with our colleagues and clients, there was a horrible rock band playing in the lobby bar. It wasn't annoying just because I didn't like their music. It was soooo loud, that you couldn't even talk in the lobby outside the bar with doors in between you and the band. I go to alot of concerts and this bar was louder than that, it was just missing a quality sound system and atmosphere. This concert attracted a really low-end crowd that does not jive with the business traveler ... or anyone who isn't featured on America's Most Wanted. Unless your "With The Band" stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank TravellingCharlie

It is disappointing to read about a guest who advises that the only positive during his stay was that his luggage wasn't stolen due to the crowd that the concert band in the lobby bar attracted. The fact that the Bar One Urban Lounge, located off our lobby, DOES NOT EVEN HAVE LIVE MUSIC makes me question whether this guest was even at our property. As a precaution, the comments allegedly made by the lounge server were passed along to the Dennys GM to action should there have been any concerns related to the food service end of the guest review in the Bar One Urban Lounge.

The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge has been awarded the AHLA Housekeeping Award for the past 4 consecutive years starting in 2007. Our capital program has seen every bed in the entire hotel replaced since 2006, every carpet in every room and hallway replaced since 2006 and continues to include lights, furntiure, fridges and microwaves and other room amenities. Bathrooms will soon see granite vanities and coffee stations starting at the end of 2010 and continuing into 2011.

The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge and its staff are very proud of their hotel and continue to strive for excellence. Mistakes made by our staff are opportunities for learning. Questionable reviews related to 'live concerts in the lobby bar' when in fact Bar One Urban Lounge does not even have live music, do nothing to assist in the education of the staff and our pursuit of excellence.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

The minute I walked in the lobby, there was a horrible odor (something like bug spray). The desk clerk was not dressed as a profesional. Employees sitting outside smoking and visiting.
The room size and amenities were okay everything was outdated, the bathroom tile grout needs a good cleaning. The chairs were wore and stained, I felt I had to put a towel on the chair to sit on it . Speaking of stains there was very little space on the carpet that was not stained. For just for several dollars more you can get a much better place. It was noisy out on the street.

• Stayed: August 2010
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

It is unfortunate this guest felt the hotel did not meet their needs for this stay and did not appear to bring their concerns forward at the time of their stay. The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge prides itself on clean quality rooms and excellent customer service.

The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge has been the recipient of hte prestigious AHLA Housekeeping award for 4 consecutive years starting in 2007 and continuing through today.

Ongoing capital replacement since 2006 have included replacing every room carpet and hallway carpet in the entire hotel, every bed in the entire hotel (completed in Jun 10 with our last 19 rooms), new furniture packages on 3 floors, internet upgrades to include wireless high speed internet throughout the entire hotel to compliment our in room high speed internet as well as our pool and fitness area all to better serve the needs of our guests and keep the hotel fresh and new. Next for renovations will be upgrading guest bathrooms with new vanities and mirrors in the fall of 2010 continuing through to 2011.

Ongoing maintenance includes draperies, furniture and carpet cleaning on a regular basis or as needed when identified between regular cleanings.

Renovations of our 24 hour Dennys restaurant and Bar One Urban Lounge are now complete to continue our new and improved look.

Current Whoop Up Days celebrations in Lethbridge honor and bring to light the heritage of Fort Whoop Up and the cowboy traditions that helped to make Lethbridge the vibrant City it is today. As a result of the traditions, our desk staff wearing the traditional cowboy attire of our City's heritage and may be why they were not in their standard uniforms.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

My husband and I were on our way to the US when we had car trouble and had to overnight in Lethbridge. We were able to book in on short notice and late at night. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was comfortable and clean. The Denny's restaurant was convenient for the next morning as we were not aquainted with the area.

All in all it was good value for money, especially on short notice. We would stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Bruce Primeau - General Manager

Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge for your last minute stay. I am pleased that my staff were able to accommodate you in a friendly and courteous manner. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms all at a reasonable price.

Please come visit us again when you are passing through our fair City and hopefully without any car troubles. We look forward to serving you again!!