“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Canada
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My husband and I went to Lethbridge for a weekend, and stayed in this hotel. It was nice, with one exception - dirty carpets in our room, as well as places throughout the hotel. However, it did not prevent us from enjoying our stay. The staff was great, the location was great, and the grounds were beautiful. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If you like light, sunshine, daytime, etc., coming through your window, ask for a room that does NOT...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Snowbirdfromcanada

Thank you for your review in regards to your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping manager who will be addressing them. From everyone at the hotel we hope you and your family enjoy the rest of the summer and will visit us again should you be returning to Lethbridge.

Tiffany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canadians in paradise
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Excellent Hotel for a Sports Teams and Kids. Water park is awesome. Front Desk Staff is amazing! Rooms overlooking water park might be a bit noisy. Nice view from exterior rooms facing West. Comfortable rooms and beds too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Flames97,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and we will be sharing your comments with the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Calgary, AB - Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot if you have young kids, the water park is pretty amazing. The rooms are clean and big, bathroom is not very big . A bit old but very clean. Having the Mr. Mikes attached to it is very convenient but there are lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2013
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Mzaquia,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your time with us and found our Water Park facility to be enjoyable. I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again during your next visit to Lethbridge.

western Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed for Family Day long weekend Feb 2013
Enjoyed pool area... kids had a blast in the pool.... drawbacks to waterpark area are the extremely overly chlorinated smell - so bad in certain areas it burns the eyes... also somewhat apathetic lifeguards who seem to observe but do not comment on anything. Saw a man fall on the pool deck and could barely get himself up (he was very obese). Lifeguard approached him and didn't appear to say much, walked away before the man was able to stand up
They do not want make it a priority to fix the broken stop/go light at top of the slides which is really a safety hazard, their sign says to wait 30 seconds after each person goes down. Most kids won't do this. Lifeguards at bottom see people coming down one on top of the other and say nothing. Other reviewers noted the signal was broken since last fall and still not working? Surprised they don't make this a priority.
Also the ladies washroom floor in pool area was disgusting to walk on. Each day we noticed piles of hair everywhere, slimey feel to the floor, dirty.. with all that chemical chorination in the water they can't keep the floors clean?

Room was overlooking pool area and therefore the chlorine smell and humidity also comes into the room... as noted in other reviews, very difficult to control temperature in these rooms because of the pool and humidity and thin windows.

A big disappointment was that we stayed on the Saturday and Sunday night of the long weekend and thought we could swim again before checkout which was on the Monday for Family Day. However, waterpark was closed until Noon that day which is their standard hours for holidays. Weekdays their pool doesn't open until 4pm. Should have asked ahead of time but just assumed a holiday, especially Family Day, would have had extended operating hours for guests who stayed Sunday night.

Good points were the room layout was excellent - we had the suite with separate bedroom which is nice for extra privacy and space. Nice double sinks in bathroom area which was convenient. Room decor was modern, clean and everything in good working condition. Small fridge was convenient. Nice TVs. Video games are available on TVs.

Mr. Mikes also had very good service good menu and friendly staff and we ate there most of the time.... convenient as you do not have to go outside to get to it.
Hotel location is also very good with lots of nearby places to eat such as McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and Starbucks nearby.

Not sure if I will stay here again but would not have a room overlooking pool area which would hopefully cut down on chorline smell, heat and pool noise. Even as I tried to sleep I couldn't stop focusing on the pool smell which was very annoying. Room fans do very little except make a lot of noise.

Waterpark is very fun but could use some improvements for safety and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Do not take a pool facing room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear daytripdreamz,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. The comments in regards to our water park facility will be addressed with maintenance and our staff. I hope you have a have another opportunity to visit us again should you be returning to Lethbridge.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We chose this hotel because of the amazing water park. The kids absolutely loved it, and it tired them out.
We got a king bed room with a pull out couch. Was very clean, but I was surprised at how small it was. No big deal though.
We didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel. There's a lot of different places to eat in the area.
No problems at all with this hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Dupylicious,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. Our Water Park facility is always a big hit with the kids. I hope you enjoyed it just as much and I look forward to seeing you again should you be returning to Lethbridge.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We checked in on April 6th at about 12 noon. We had stayed here before when it was the Ramada, and had a good experience. We were told check in was not until 3pm, which suited us fine, and would return later.At 4pm, we returned and unexpectantly met with acquaintances from our hometown in the lobby. They were about to check in as well, however both their room and ours were not ready yet. So, another wait ensued, with our acquaintances receiving a discount for their trouble, and us receiving a free breakfast voucher. Upon entering the room, I was tired and wanted a snooze while my daughter wanted to watch TV.As I pulled back the covers from the first bed, it was covered in hair. Disgusted, I pulled the covers back of the second bed, and found only 10% of the hair! Yuk! A call was made to the desk, and they remade the beds. The sleep was interrupted by the noisy temperature control device by the window. For some reason the stay was not as we'd expected. Too bad, as it was on our list of places to stay previous, and now we just might have to think about it a bit more for the future.

Room Tip: rooms on the south and west side have a view of the streets and restaraunts; the north/east sides vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jcsch,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. Our Guest Services Manager is aware of your comments and will be sending you a private message shortly.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I was in town for a 2 day conference. The conference was at the Holiday Inn, so I chose to stay here for convenience. The lobby is clean and simple. The check in process was very fast. The girl working the front desk was fantastic! I got checked into my room, which was huge! Tons of space. Very clean. Separate area to get ready in the morning. Everything was laid out perfectly. Never once did I feel crowded, or like I was tripping over items. I wasn't in my room 30 minutes and the front desk called up just to make sure that everything was to my satisfaction and to check if I required anything to make my stay more comfortable. The hotel was booked solid, yet not once did I hear anyone in the hallway. It was very quiet and spotless. I had plenty of hot water in the morning and lots of water pressure as well. The complimentary wi fi during the day was good, but slowed down quite a bit in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travellers and families alike.

Room Tip: Definitely take a room with an outside view rather than a pool view. My colleague had a room over th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank btlbaby
Dear Btlbaby,

Thank you for your recent review in regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sharing your comments with our team. I hope the conference went well for you and that you will have another opportunity to enjoy our hotel once again.