Holiday Inn Lethbridge
Comfort Inn(Lethbridge)
Chinook Motel(Lethbridge)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswave poolenjoyed the water parkfamily suitepool areahot tubkids lovestayed for two nightsgreat poolhockey tournamentseparate roomvisiting familywe've stayeddukesslidesshopperscouchcanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night with our 2 children aged 14 and 7 and found the hotel to be comfortable, clean and a great fit for us with the included pool access.

The 2 queen beds were very comfortable and clean and the bathroom was also very clean and modern looking. Rooms could have an outside view or a view overlooking the pool. There was a coffee maker in the room and a mini fridge for use. Vending machines and ice were on each floor.

The pool, which is open to non guests as well (for a price), is free for guests and includes towels and access to a change room and showers just off of the pool area. The pool is quite large and has 2 large water slides and a wave pool which alternate operation. There is an extra wide slide that can accommodate tubes however they don't have very many available and it can be a challenge to find someone ready and willing to give up their tube since people use them in the wave pool area as well.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has children that enjoy the water. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ok, Booked for 6 nights for 1 person on business. normal price (150night), when i arrived check in was okay.get into room and realize it wreaks of chlorine, open curtains and realize they had put me overlooking waterpark, kids yelling and playing, im on business and nothing against kids but i dont want to hear them from 2pm-10pm plus smell chlorine for 6 days, go downstairs and ask for different room, no can do.. hmm okay... why they thought i would want a pool view as a 26 year old woman travelling alone with no kids for 6 days i dont understand.. other then the chlorine. room was clean, bathtub was very nice, deep. beds were super comfy. mr mikes restaurant downstairs was very good.. great food. good location with lots in walking distance (bank,grocery,gas station, shoppers, harveys,etc and couple other retail stores,

i would most likely stay here again if another location wasnt available but was really put off by swimming pool and smell with kids screaming and running around. alot of hockey and sports teams stay here, even can pay for pool use walk in. so not really for business but definitely the place to stay if you have kids, they will LOVE that waterpark.

Room Tip: overlook the street not the pool.. all you can smell is chlorine BAD in rooms that overlook pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Danielle0720,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. Our Water Park is definitely a huge draw from families travelling. We also offer rooms that cater to our corporate clientele. We do have the ability to place a room type preference onto your guest profile to ensure we can assign a room will meet your needs in advance. Feel free to contact the hotel at any time to have this placed onto your profile. Once again thank you for completing a review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here a couple times, September 2012 and May 2013. Both times every aspect of the hotel was perfect. For Alberta, I find the place to be priced appropriately, and every room I've got was very clean and big. Seems like it is one of the newer hotels in Lethbridge and it is definitely my go to hotel if I go back. Staff has always been very helpful and nice and I like that the hotel has a Mr. Mike's attached to it, great place to eat after a long day, and when you're done, you just take the elevator back to your room! Haven't tried the pool, so I can't comment on that, but if you are passing through, definitely give this hotel a try!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the top, definitely quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is the letter which I have sent to IHG customer complaints dept!
March 24/14
I would like to make you aware of a few things that happened during my recent stay at one of your hotels, I was at the Holiday Inn Lethbridge on Mayor Macgrath from March 21-23.
Friday night upon our late arrival to the hotel, we realized that the toilet was plugged. I called the front desk and they brought me up a plunger, never was there an offer to have someone come and see about it, just dropped the plunger off and nothing further.
I attempted to unplug it myself and I couldn't get it to go. It was almost midnight by this time, and my young 11 year old daughter needed to get to bed as she was dancing early the next morning.
I closed the door to the bathroom and we went to bed.
At 1:30 am my room phone was ringing and someone was at the door. Apparently the toilet had continued to run and was overflowing. I completely understand they needed to come in and get the water stopped. However, at this point I didn't have a working toilet and apparently there was no open rooms and maintenance wasn't coming in until 6 am.
I thought at 6 am I would have someone there to fix it so that my daughter and I could get ready and head out. Well at 9 am when we had to leave I still had not heard from the front desk or seen any maintenance people.
I stopped at the front desk and they told me that he would be in shortly.
Upon arrival later Saturday night, the toilet was fixed...however the floor in the bathroom was less than clean leaving us wearing our shoes in the room and bathroom due to the slimy floor.
I was assuming that the hotel would compensate me something on my bill for this issue as we were without a toilet for 8 hours.
I got up Sunday morning and found my bill under the door with no credits at all. I had decided to just let it go and not bother....until my daughter went swimming and I decided to take a shower. Shortly after going into the bathroom I heard a knock at the door and went to go answer it only to see that the housekeeping staff had let themselves into my room. Had she been a couple minutes later I would have been in the shower.
At this time I decided that the front desk staff needed to know how unhappy I was with my stay....once I called and told them this story I was told I would be getting a 15% discount...I feel it was a slap in the face and that the customer service at this hotel was appalling!
I will never stay with this hotel ever again, and that is too bad as we have stayed there plenty of times before.
I hope that you will take this info and do something about it.
A very unhappy customer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DanceMomma2
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear DanceMomma2,

Thank you for your review. Our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully. We have reached out privately to obtain more details.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

There are lots of families staying at the hotel and lots visiting too since the hotel pool is open to the public as well as hotel guests, it was insanely busy even at 8pm on a weeknight. I have three kids and I would consider staying here on a family trip. However, while on business it isn't ideal... Terrible exercise room with half the equipment needing repairs including a broken bike and a treadmill that surges in speed and seems dangerous. The rooms are ok but not great, the temperature control was tricky, it was always too hot or too cold (I sound like Goldilocks but I just couldn't find a comfort zone.)... The staff is really nice. Walking distance to smittys, boston pizza, etc which is nice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear JeffFr,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. The water park is definitely a huge draw for travelling families. We are pleased to report that we have purchased new fitness equipment including treadmills, elliptical, bikes and step machine. They will be set up and installed by the end of April. The comments about the in room temperature control have been passed onto our maintenance team who will address your concerns. Again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Sincerely