“Nice place to stay room view could have been better”

Holiday Inn Lethbridge
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Mission
“Nice place to stay room view could have been better”
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Stayed at the Ramada for 3 nights while sightseeing in Lethbridge and it was quite a nice hotel. We had a room overlooking the pool (not the greatest view) and it got pretty noisy but at least they shut the pool down at 10pm so that helped. Their weight room was pretty sparse but not too bad. Their location was excellent, right off the main drag and close to alot of stores and restraunts. It was quite a nice place and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, great value for the $$$.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alberta
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I expected a lot more from this hotel. I read reviews and was genuinely excited to go to this hotel to experience all it had to offer. We came in with a storm happening and they didn't seem to care. The service at the desk was mediocre. The rooms are in serious need of a makeover and a good cleaning. Although the room was 'clean' -- we still found several things on the floor and on the bed. The bathroom also needed a good scrub. Then on to the pool... that as well needed a serious cleaning. And since the pool and waterslides are open to the public, there were several groups of 'roudy' teens making it very difficult to enjoy myself. The ONE lifeguard was having a lot of difficulty keeping track of anyone and I felt as though someone could completely unnoticed for quite some time.

Maybe it would be better for a family with older kids (we just have one, a two year old)... but I definately wouldn't recommend for families with young children. Between finding random things on the floor to eat, and the loud roudy pool, I wouldn't go again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

North Battleford, Saskatchewan
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Waterpark is a big plus for this hotel, nice for the kids to stretch their legs after a long drive. Hot tub was shutdown for repair during our stay. Above average continental breakfast. Rooms were clean and a good size.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Things I liked:
1.) Great place to bring a family (especially the Water Park)
2.) Room was very quiet and clean

3.) This place is a bit pricey, you will pay a premium to stay here

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
High RIver
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Good family hotel. The pool was fun and the continental breakfast was great. The beds are comfortable and the rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves, coffeepots all of which is great! However did not find either the pool or the rooms overly clean. Our toilet was really gross when you looked at it and the pool seems like it needed a good scrub as well.

If they cleaned it up this would be a great place to stay, a little iffy as it is now.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Calgary
Reviewed 22 January 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now. I have nothing to complain about. The staff have always been helpful, and the rooms have always been clean. Of course, by itself that's not good enough for *my* five-star rating. What clinches the deal is the waterpark. I travel on business, and so I don't stay into the weekend, except at this hotel. Here's a nice way to spend your Saturday morning.

Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 29 October 2008

I had stayed here once before and it seemed OK. I arrived this second time and had work to do, so quickly went in and set up my laptop. I noticed the desk was sticky so went to the bathroom to find something to wipe it with and there was only 1 face cloth. When it was time for bed I got in, noticed the sheets were a bit rumpled but figured the girl hadn't pulled the sheets tight. But when I put my feet down at the bottom of the bed there was a very cold object. It was a silver lighter, I pulled back all the sheets and found that the bed in deed, was dirty, and there were stains......and yes, I had put my nearly naked body into this. Completely disgusted I called housekeeping who came immediately and changed the sheets. The housekeeper suggested I go down to talk to the manager. Upon re-dressing and going down to the front desk at 10pm the night manager (Maria) offered very little, and she didn't even seem put off by one of her customers having just gone through this ordeal. But, she did offer me $20 off the room rate - I suggested that 'she must be kidding me'. She then offered that next time I stay there I could have an upgrade. She presented me with this wonderful card which read 'free upgrade - if available - upon your next visit'. She said I would have to discuss anything further with the manager in the morning. In the morning, I waited 15 minutes for Tammy the manager, who was busy on a phone call and when I couldn't wait any longer I asked for house-keeping. The housekeeping gal came immediately, said how sorry she was for everything, but said she couldn't do anything to help me, it was up to management. I asked that she pass on all my comments to the management and that I would never be back again, nor would I recommend anyone stay there. The housekeeping staff were very helpful given the situation, but the management could sure use some instruction on "Good Customer Service". My suggestion - DO NOT stay at this hotel.

• Liked — House Keeping Staff
  • Disliked — Management Staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Susan1234Calgary