“Good Choice”

Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here once on a business trip not long ago. The room was comfortable but a bit small. I didn't have a chance to use the amenities. I would certainly stay here again. Bed was great! I like their toiletries - can't say that for most hotels I stay him. Sheets and pillows were perfect for me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed here a few times when I'm in Lethbridge, and it's a nice place to hang your hat. Not particularly outstanding in any one area, but leaps and bounds ahead of competition across the street and further down Mayor Magrath.

Have never had an issue with service, aside from an issue this last time with my room being ready. I did arrive quite early, and when I learned my room wasn't ready, went back out for coffee and to get some groceries for my stay. I returned back well after check-in time, and my room still wasn't complete. Slightly frustrating, but the front desk girl apologized, and I was in no rush anyway.

Do have an issue with their keys demagnetizing more than anywhere else I've ever stayed, though. DON'T put your key near your phone, your wallet, your car keys if you have a fob, etc. All of the above demagnetized my key so I had to get a replacement at least every day - and three times in one day!

Carrickfergus, N Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during our tour, en route to Yellowstone. Lovely large clean rooms. Good location with a lovely park nearby for a good walk after our dinner. When we arrived our tour manager said that if we wanted to eat here we needed to make a reservation as it is very popular. The restaurant manager said that they were fully booked for the time I requested but to arrive at that time and she would see what she could do. True to her word, we were sorted. Great meal and the breakfast next morning was outstanding. I've never enjoyed a breakfast so much, and quick efficient service.

• Stayed September 2013
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. It's great that you were able to stay with us as part of your tour through the area and we certainly appreciate your comments. I will be sure to pass along your experience at the Firestone Restaurant as well.

If you are in the area again sometime, please be sure to stay with us as we would enjoy hosting you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

After reading some of the stellar reviews, my husband and I were really looking forward to this one-night stay that followed a golf tournament. Even though we arrived a little late in the day (5:30 PM), had to wait because room wasn't ready. I would expect to be offered at least a refreshment while waiting, but nothing. Sat in reception area. Room was adequate, but the lighting is ghastly. Fluorescent everywhere. I understand the economics of this, but you can get the warm fluorescent bulbs that help a bit. Everything has a green tinge to it; blech. However, the biggest problem was with the noise. Arrived back at hotel around 9 PM (Saturday night), and there was a wedding in the hotel. I get that it's the weekend and it's time to party. But our room was on the THIRD floor, and at times we couldn't hear the TV because of the heavy bass vibrating through the whole room. Didn't get to sleep until past 1 AM (we had an early start planned for morning) when the party shut down. Made a phone call just after 12:30 to complain; nothing happened. No apology offered upon check out; in fact wasn't even asked how we liked our stay (think they'd probably had a bunch of complaints). If you're staying during the week, it's probably okay. Still consider it over priced for what you get. Firestone Restaurant is great.

Room Tip: As far away from the conference centre as possible. NOISY.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luvgoodtrips
Thank you very much for submitting your review of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel and your experiences while staying with us. I would like to assure you that all comments, whether positive or negative, are appreciated and we certainly take them seriously.

I have consulted with our Housekeeping Manager to find the reason behind your room not being ready by the stated time and can assure you that is something that is extremely rare for us. You also mentioned the lighting in your room and we would like to know which room that was so that we can proceed in rectifying the issues. Lastly, your mention of the noise levels that interrupted your sleep is definitely not something that we ever want to hear about, let alone the fact that you brought it to our attention and it appears that nothing was done to immediately address your concern. I would like to apologize for your experiences because as you mentioned in your review, we receive a large number of very high reviews for our hotel and customer service.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can hear first-hand of your stay, as I would most definitely appreciate talking to you in person, and to get more detailed information. I can be reached at the below:
Curtis Burton
Director of Sales
403-327-5701
c.burton@coasthotels.com
Calgary, AB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the past, and made a booking for another upcoming trip.. Plans got changed last minute due to work, and as I was in the air I couldn't call to cancel right away.. Off the plane just after 2pm, look at my phone and WHAM.. "Authorization for $400+" taken from my CC... Call the hotel and ask WHY they took an authorization when, the cancellation policy is 4pm!!.. According to the front desk agent, as soon as your room is ready they take the authorization regardless.. Uh.. Again CANCELLATION POLICY CLEARLY STATES 4pm... argued back and forth.. She denied even taking $400+ when I was told it would only be $350.. Asked her if she wanted to see my text notification, and she basically said I was lying! Long story short, she said it would be 4-6 business days before money is released.. I'm at another location.. NEEDING $ so I can check in there.. Nothing she can do.. I call [--]... Call my credit card company, they send me a form to have sent to the hotel.. hotel simply has to fill it in and send it back.. get email address... Wait an hour.. Call CC company back.. Nope nadda.. Call Hotel back.. "Nothing received" ask for email address again.. Re-Email... wait another hour... Nope nadda... Call CC company, get same agent.. she's feeling sorry for me by this time.. Call Hotel.. Get another girl (First one knew it was me calling back and put me on hold..) "Oh thats the wrong email address".. by this time I'm losing my mind, patience and sanity... get ANOTHER email address.. Send it AGAIN.. Wait 15 minutes, call back .. "Oh sorry my manager left, and well if she's not back in 20 minutes I'll just do the form myself" Uh excuse me? I've been after you twits for 3HRS! By this time the hotel manager where I'm trying to check in, feels bad and lets me check in to my room without a auth hold.. Get a call back from my CC company 4hrs after this whole boondoggle started and lets me know that the hotel FINALLY filled out the 1 page form and sent it back to them..

Stay far away from this hotel folks.. Unless you cancel maybe a day or two before.. The 4pm Cancellation policy apparently doesn't mean anything.. And the front desk girls will take whatever they want to for a credit card hold!

Needless to say no one from my company or any of our associate agency's will be staying at this hotel anytime soon!

1 Thank Cowboy005
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you Cowboy005 for you candid comments regarding your recent issue with a credit card pre-authorization for our hotel which resulted in an issue with the bank when the room was cancelled.

What typically happens with our Coast Rewards members who are staying with us, is that a pre-authorization is performed to facilitate a members' expedited check-in process. By doing this, a Coast Rewards member would simply be able to pick up their folio at the front desk and go immediately to their guest room without any delays. A similar setup can be found at a number of hotel chains as a perk for their rewards clients.

Upon cancellation of a room with us, we release the funds taken during the pre-authorization process immediately from our side. However, as was the case in your situation, it can quite often take a number of days for those funds to be refunded back to your account by the banks themselves.

After receiving your review and learning of the subsequent frustrations that you encountered we have reviewed and changed our policy so that no credit cards - whether for our Coast Rewards members or for any other guest - are pre-authorized prior to the 4 PM cancellation time. By doing so we hope to eliminate problems such as the one that came to light in this instance.

Thank you once again for your review and in assisting the Coast Lethbridge Hotel in keeping on top of our procedures and policies.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We recently stayed at The Coast on our site visit to Lethbridge.
The staff at reception were friendly.
We found the rooms had everything we needed, the bathroom accessories such as the shower gels and shampoos were of high quality. I would perhaps add a small safe in the room.
The Firestone restaurant was really great, enjoyable meals and wide variety.
If we needed to use a hotel in Lethbridge again, this is where we would stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
On behalf of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel, I would like to thank you, LieslHeyns, for not only taking the time to submit a review of our hotel but also for the suggestion of the in-room safe. This is something that we have looked at adding to our rooms but we have had a challenge in being able to standardize where to locate them in all the rooms, as we do have a wide variety of room types.

We are always looking at ways to improve ourselves and welcome all comments from our guests. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to Lethbridge.
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked the Coast Conference Centre to attend a wedding.
It was reasonably priced. We booked a suite, it was spacious, modern and clean.
The bed was comfortable, the only negative was the bedding. A light sheet with the hotel comforter. As modern as it was, the comforter was old and scratchy.
We appreciated the extra space of the suite. There was a sitting room with its own tv.
We were impressed with the small touches, nice toiletries, chocolates on the bed, and bottled water provided. Free wifi worked well.
We would recommend this hotel for anyone going to Lethbridge.

Room Tip: Worth the up huge for a suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you very much Bren T for your review of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel and in taking the time to submit one. It is always a pleasure for the management and staff to know that we are doing things correctly, and in other cases, where we may need improvement.

By the description of the guest room you stayed in, it sounds very much like you were in one of our Premium rooms which offer not only an abundance of space but amenities not found in a lot of other hotel rooms. We have also noted your comment about the bedding and I can assure you that it is continually being upgraded throughout the hotel as we aim to exceed standard thread counts in the sheets, provide duvets in a good majority of our rooms, and make other adjustments to keep our bedding modern.

We thank you again for your positive review and hope to see you with us when you are in Lethbridge for your next visit.