“It really was Very Good!”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 270 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, Lethbridge's casual dining restaurant near Mayor Magrath Dr. Featuring a delicious menu, drink specials and rooftop patio. Open late.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I find that too many of my reviews -- especially the early ones are "Very Good". I'm trying to make sure that my reviews fairly reflect my experience and that if something is a "Very Good" it better well be good enough to make a return trip. In this case, Moxie's Classic Grill is one that I would return to.

My daughter and I stopped in for dinner one recent evening. I will say the location of this restaurant is odd -- you're driving down 3rd Avenue and get the feeling that it's a deserted area - empty lots, closed businesses, etc. This might be a thriving area but since we were visiting at night, it felt more like a deserted stretch. Anyway on to the restaurant. All of the staff were extremely courteous and our server very much so. He definitely made the trip worth it. We started off with the dumplings which were extremely tasty and finished in less than a couple minutes. I had the Lemon Pepper Haddock and my daughter had the Thai Chicken Bowl. Both meals arrived hot to the table and were very well prepared. The haddock is a bit fishier in taste than I like but mixed with the mashed potatoes, it was a wonderful combination. The rice bowl was very flavorful and had more food than could be consumed. Sadly there was no room for dessert but maybe next time!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had an early family dinner here. It was just great! Although it was a Friday-night and it was busy, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My husband had the best ribs ever, but my 3year old son ate them all, but he also liked the stuffed potatoe. I had a lovely Asian chopped salad. My five year old daughter said it was the best rstaurant ever. Especially after getting an icecream with real smoke coming out! Our servant, Ashley did the best job by serving us quickly and advising us perfectly. We'll be back!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Garmin of our rental car took us to Moxie's when we looked for the Keg. No problem, we were not disappointed. The restaurant is nice, the service was good and the food was delicious. We had excellent steaks and very good fish. We enjoyed our dinner. We had the impression the prices were a little lower than with the Keg.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I had a quick dinner before the movies. The steak sandwich was good and well prepared, along with their "famous" fries. My husbands burger was burnt on one side and he felt it was very dry. It is cute in the bar area and mostly young college age servers, although very friendly. The music kept us from having much conversation. Would go back but would sit in the dining room

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I regularly go to Moxies, and the food is consistently good, but what astounded me about my last visit was the exceptional service my friend and I got. We were there celebrating our birthdays (and 21 years of friendship), and Jay, our server, was fun, kind, patient, attentive to our every need - and an overall phenomenal server! At no point did we feel rushed, interrupted, or in any way unimportant. Great staff pick in him, Moxies! He's a keeper!