“Excellent service, clean and spacious room”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service, clean and spacious room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the super-friendly service! The staff were very genuine, friendly and accomodating to ensure our stay was good. Our room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was great too! We will stay here again and definitely recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanne V
Quality I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We agree, we do have very down to earth and approachable staff! They will be pleased to know it is appreciated.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and wish you well in your travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

If costumer service is important to you, I insist you stay here if in Lethbridge. This staff goes above and beyond for their guests. I stayed here for almost two years with my job, and they treated me like family, and, by doing so, made life on the road more bearable. They always have great evening snacks, and a wonderful breakfast. Lily (Manager) always has a smile on her face, and has a friendly greeting. I miss this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Quality I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for you very nice review! We thouroughly enjoy our guests - especially the nice ones!

We are so happy you enjoy your stays with us. Lilly and your Quality Inn family in Lethbridge hope to see you again!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very nice check in and friendly ladies greater us. The lady who handled our checkout was also very pleasant. We were hungry when we arrived and were pleased to learn there was a casino that offers a 10% discount off meals within walking distance. The room was decent enough - simply furnished and clean. Nothing fancy but the basics worked. The bathroom was upgraded as it had a granite counter with shelves below for the towels and extra toiletries. The bed was nice and firm, just the way I like, but the pillows were very, very heavy. I didn’t sleep on them as I bring my own, but I was glad I didn’t need to try. The hotel has a nice little evening treat at 7:00 p.m. The night we were there it was coffee cake. The cake was very good. I wish we had higher status with Choice to get a top floor room as I heard quite a bit of walking above us until around midnight. Breakfast was surprisingly good. They had tasty OJ and the coffee was better than most. There were eggs and sausage as hot items. No waffle maker - they just had the toaster kind. However, they had fabulous bread. They get it from a local bakery and it is delicious toasted, especially the bread with sesame seeds baked in. Yum!! I'd come back just for the bread.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We thank you for your review of the Quality Inn in Lethbridge. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

The mattress, pillow and bedding are Quality Inn brand standard and we apologize if they were not to your preference.

We do try to keep breakfast interesting and we agree, the bread from our local bakery is fantastic! It is true we do not have a waffle maker as we suffer from a lack of counter space in our breakfast room.

Our evening snack is popular and we also try to change that every evening.

We do thank you for visiting and hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here while traveling through Lethbridge. Easy check-in, clean rooms, and excellent FREE breakfast (includes scrambled eggs "not powdered", oatmeal, yogurt, sausage, etc.) Beds were also very comfortable.

Only complaint was the water from the shower head came out way too slow. Most likely trying to be environmental friendly, but backfired.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and particularly the breakfast. We do try to change the breakfast items around but yes, eggs and a hot meat item are staples.

We are so sorry about the water pressure problems. No one has mentioned this to us before. If we know which room may be experiencing difficulties we can address the problem. It could just mean the shower head needs decalcifying.

We do hope you stay with us again!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My son and I came To stay in Lethbridge; as my dad was in the hospital. We had booked on Priceline and it was a secret hotel. I would say the hotel was average at best. It seemed the level of customer service changed from each staff member who works there. Some staff were nice and some were quite standoffish. The hotel was clean; with the exception of the ant colony around the hot tub area. This was told to the hotel, but apparently wasn't taken seriously enough. The problem still continued...They also don't turn on the water slide unless you ask (which also really seemed to bother them, when you did ask)

The breakfast was ok, and was the same day to day. The coffee was terrible, so each morning we went to Tim Hortons for our coffee. The real orange juice changed from that to a sugar based orange drink. It had free wifi and free parking which was good. We originally stayed there for 2 nights and then had to return to Lethbridge; as my dads condition got worse.

The hotel is average, but not worth what we had to pay to stay there the second time. My father was in the hospital and was quite stressful to hear that they were not going to honour their same rate they had promised to me over the telephone; the day prior. Very poor service, when they could have phoned me to let me know. They claimed not to have my phone number...We ended up booking online again through Priceline, (secret hotel) and then were told that the hotel could have given us a better rate (their hospital rate)...Next time we will stay at the Hampton Inn next door instead, for the same amount of money.

Room Tip: Avoid the parking lot view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Quality I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the things you were not satisfied with while staying on our property.

We do have an ongoing battle with ants in the pool area due to our location in an open field and the construction that surrounds us - it seems to disturb the ground outside and send the ants in search of a new home. We continue to remedy that situation. We do know that you advised the front desk and the matter was dealt with immediately.

We do only run the waterslide motor when there are people who wish to use it. This is part of our responsibility to the environment and preservation of precious non renewable resources. Our front desk staff is happy to turn it on for guests who wish to use it and try to anticipate that need. Often people just wish to use the hot tub and the water slide remains turned off.

We have shared your comments with the front desk staff.

Our coffee is Van Houtte coffee and is prepared and served as per any other facility using this brand. It is true that some guests prefer Tim Horton's or Starbucks and do go out for their specific brand of coffee. We believe this is the same whether at work, at home or on the road.

We assure you the orange juice is the same every day although we do have one with pulp and one without. It is real orange juice purchased at Costco and is never changed.

Rates are determined on a weekly, seasonal or daily basis. They do go up and down depending on sell out position in the same manner as any other hotel. Rooms are sold in many ways. On line reservations have a commission built in to them that we do not control. It is true that once you book through a website we have no control of the booking. We cannot change or manipulate it.

We do thank you for your review and your comments will help us to provide even better service.
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night at this hotel. There isn't the "wow" factor in the rooms (drapes, bedding, pictures, lamps) but I realize that isn't something that everyone looks for.

The breakfast has a nice variety (scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal), there is a snack with coffee or tea every night and there is always fresh fruit offered in the lobby.

My only complaint is the yellow liquid which was missed being cleaned around the bottom of the toilet.

Room Tip: I would go to the top floor if possible as there are rattles in the fixtures whenever someone walks...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KidsRGreat
Quality I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your observations and have made our staff aware.

We agree there can be challenges when in an are with shared walls and ceilings.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!