We stayed here one night for business and thought it was excellent value for our money. It is in a very central location Med Hat surrounded by restaurants and stores. However, we didn't leave and ate a breakfast and dinner buffet in their Jungle Cafe located in the hotel.
The dinner buffet was on special for $12.49 pp and had the largest selection of cakes, pies and squares that we had ever seen. Best part? They were all delicious. The dinner part included chicken, ribs, veggies, roast, Ginger beef, rolls, pasta, Yorkshire pudding, salads and more. We rolled out of there.
The casino being attached to the hotel was also very nice. We spent about an hour in there amusing ourselves.
Then we went to the pool and waterslides. Those slides are fun - and definitely not for kids only. We also enjoyed the big hot tub. They also had a kids pool, a regular pool and a steam room but we stuck to the slides and hot tub. Lots of fun.
The wifi and parking were also free which is a big plus to mention.
When I checked in I received 2 complimentary hot breakfast buffet passes which was very nice and unexpected. If you don't want to use them toward breakfast, they are worth $5.00 each in their restaurants.
The breakfast buffet was great - fruits, cereal, yogurt, waffles, French toast, toast, croissants, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, home fries and - the biggest, freshest most delicious cinnamon buns! Those buns won me over - they were comparable to Cinnabon.
We also ordered room service and the prices were very decent ($8 for a meat lovers pizza).
The service in the restaurant and at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Checkout was quick and easy.
The room itself was nice - we had a king room with a nice living area with sofa. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The TV was the biggest and nicest flat screen we have seen in a hotel in a while. Our room was not facing the pool area and was nice and quiet.
I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa is southern Alberta's only four star resort and largest entertainment complex. We are proud to offer a variety of amenities including guest rooms and luxury suites, banquet & meeting facilities, a buffet restaurant, lounges, fine dining, giant indoor water slide park, exercise facility, one of Canada's top spas, a full service casino and so much more! We have something for everyone, all under one roof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino And Spa
- Medicine Hat Lodge Hotel Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Hotel
- Medicine Hat Resort
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa Alberta