“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Airdrie, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I always stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge because of the nice upgraded rooms and of course the water park is great. When we finally got into our room it was wonderful. Running a hotel myself I know how hard it is to get all of the rooms cleaned by a certian time that is the reason we didnt mind. Although not being able to check into a room untill after 5:00pm with a two year old and two teenagers wasnt much fun I understand and thank goodness for the water park, hair salon and resteraunt. The service is great and the rooms are extremely clean. Again we enjoyed our stay and will never stay anywhere else but the lodge.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for poolside its the best for little ones and you can sit on your balcony right...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shawn-MHL, Guest Relations Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for your recent review about Medicine Hat Lodge. We appreciate you taking the time to review our facilities and appreciate the positive feedback. I was sorry to hear that you were not able to chack into your room until after 5pm- we do our best to honour the 4pm check-in time but, as I know you are aware having worked in a hotel, it can sometimes be difficult to do. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you decide to book. We look forward to having you stay again soon!

Guest Services Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Our married children love to all gather here from across Alberta. There are things to see in the Hat, but the Grandkids love the hotels waterpark!
I'm glad they invite us to enjoy it too!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent post about Medicine Hat Lodge. We sincerely apprecite the time you took to review our hotel. I am glad you and your family enjoy coming here so much. We look forward to having you again in the future.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a good place to stay as the Children can indulge in the waterslide and pool and the adults if so inclined can try their luck in the Casino. Staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are tastefully done. It is a tad expensive, but you get what you pay for

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shawn-MHL, Guest Relations Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform other prosepective guests of our services here at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We certainly appreciate the time you took to write this response and advise others of your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you here int he future. Please feel free to contact myself or the front desk manager directly the next time you decide to book.

Sincerely;

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

As of recent, I've spent many nights in the Medicine Hat Lodge as I'm in the process of reloacting to the city and started a job a few months before moving. I've never been really blown away, usually confortable but very outdated, seldom clean, poorly maintained and severely OVERPRICED! As I write this, I'm sitting in a "king suite" ($189/night) with an air conditioner that has a broken fan and you can also see daylight all around it. The "so called" premium cable consists of channels 3 through 22, half of what the channel listing advertises. Upon arriving a day earlier, the cleaning staff left an absolutely gross cleaning cloth hanging on the shower door and I found a pair or dirty womens underwear hanging off the back of the coach, after stretching my arm back while sitting there and basically grabbing them....Surprise! This was obviously an oversight on behalf of the cleaning staff, but it was just plain disgusting and leaves you questioning/wondering about everything else including the bed you're sleeping in! This is just my latest experience, one of many I could talk about. Why do I keep coming back? It's the only hotel in Medicine Hat that consistantly has rooms available. I stay elsewhere when I can but usually end up here because of availability.

Room Tip: Although overpriced, old and often poorly maintained, the king suites seem to be the best rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flatlander4400
Shawn-MHL, Guest Relations Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Medicine Hat Lodge. We do appreciate any time our guests take out of their busy schedules to post a comment about our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not up to our usual standards. We have taken your comments very seriously and have begun an investigation into this matter to avoid any similar situations in the future. I would like to extend an invitation to you to please contact Helena Eremenko our EGS Manager to discuss the inconveniences of your stay so that she may be able to follow up and correct the issues.

Please accept our most sincere apologies and I can assure you that your stay was not a reflection of the quality of service upon which we have built our reputation. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Rae-Ann Dilman
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have family in Medicine Hat and come there often for one night trips. We have stayed in a few hotels but heard great things about the lodge and decided to spend the little bit of extra money it was to stay there compared to other hotels in the area. We were pretty excited about our stay because as far as Medicine Hat hotels are concerned this it the highest star rating offered. Our check in was great, very friendly staff but as we entered the hotel a strong aroma of chlorine was present and it seemed chaotic in the lobby. I understand they have a pool but closing off the area a bit might help the smell. We stayed on the 4th floor in a King bed room, our room was clean and nice enough, nothing spectacular.,,bed was comfy. My MAJOR issue was the fact that this hotel obviously caters to the crowd with kids, all we could hear was children running up and down our hallway screaming (this went on till around 10PM). Also every time we went to use the elevator we were run down by more kids playing on the them, pressing all the buttons and running out or just going up and down on the elevator causing ridiculous wait times to the point where I just started using the stairs. If you are looking for a romantic, relaxing getaway this is NOT the place. If you are a family this is definitely the place to go, I can see why families recommend it...if I had kids and needed this type of hotel it would have been perfect. We also had an issue where our cable only went to channel 24, we called the front desk and were told it was due to an issue with Shaw and some storms they had had; that it was affecting the entire M.H area...we figured fair enough but had family members staying at another hotel across the street who's hotel offered Shaw on Demand which was working and had all of the channels advertised. We won't stay here again, you can get a comparable room, service and better rates at many other places in town that offer a more relaxing atmosphere for the adult crowd.

Room Tip: I would recommend not having a room that faces the pool, the noise is a bit crazy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shawn-MHL, Guest Relations Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to give advice to other prospective guests. We value the time our guests take to inform us of their experiences.
I am sorry to hear that you were somewhat disappointed with your recent stay. We are a family friendly hotel and we do encourage that families come here and enjoy their experience. This is why we can sometimes have kids playing in the halls and getting excited. However, that being said, in recent years we have added in our south tower suites which are located in a separate wing of the hotel from the water park. This is an area of the hotel which caters more toward business people and guests wanting to have a quiet or romantic getaway and has several different types of suites to choose from such as a Jacuzzi suite, sauna suite or an executive suite.
Again thank you for your time and we hope you will consider returning to the hotel and take advantage of one of our south tower suites.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Greta hotel. Older property, but well maintained. Had all amenities that could be needed, all for a reasonable rate. Casino, restaurants, bar, pools, waterside, spa, gift shop.....great location, right near gas, shopping and other restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of the Medicine Hat Lodge. We appreciate you taking the time to give our hotel such a positive response. Please feel free to contact the Guest Services Coordinator or the Front Desk Manager directly the next time you decide to book. We look forwad to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely;

Rae-Ann Dilllman
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed for one night and had a great stay. Very large hotel with a couple of pools, hot tubs and a huge water slide so obviously great for families. Casino on site as well. A couple of restaurants- a steak house where we had dinner and a buffet cafe when we had a continental breakfast which was included. Upon checking in we were disappointed to find they had misplaced our reservation. I had called 2 weeks earlier to change the date. They suggested I should have done this on line as some times when the request is taken by their staff the change isn't made. However it wasn't a problem as they upgraded us to a better room. The room was spacious and well appointed with a desk and a stilling area. very comfortable. great location for travelers as right of the highway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Front Office Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay as we appreciate it greatly. I have concerns with the comment about changing your reservation. If you could contact me with some details i would greatly appreciate it. If this was an online reservation sometimes we cannot touch them as they are done thru an outside company. This would be the info I am looking for so I may follow-up with my staff and correct any issues of communication.

Sincerely