Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
US$92
US$108
US$96
TripAdvisor
Days Inn Medicine Hat(Medicine Hat)
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomunder one roofbuffet breakfasthot tubgreat for kidsfront desk staffsteam roomchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslideselementssteakhousewaterparkconventionsupper
Reviewed 10 July 2013

As usual the hotel was fantastic food was great customer service was great everything was wonderful the only thing I would say is that we sat in the lounge in the Casino and did not get served we turned around and went to fountains lounge and had great service by Trina. That was minimal while we were there the flood was coming and the teamwork that the staff and management have at the Medicine Hat lodge is amazing. Great Job everyone

Room Tip: if you are staying with a family stay in the bigger rooms as they were very accommodating for our family of 5
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I had an extended stay at the MHL in June 2013. Overall, our stay was great. The room we stayed in on the 2nd floor had a King sized bed which was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping service was very good throughout our stay. The free Wi-Fi worked well in all areas of the lodge. My only complaint was with the Jungle Restaurant located in the lodge. First of all, the service in the restaurant was absolutely terrible, as our waitress was obviously having a bad day. We received passes for the complementary buffet breakfast, which we only used once as the buffet was very disappointing. Other than this one bad experience, I would definitely stay at the MHL on our next trip to the Hat.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face Dunmore Road, noisy with construction going on.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PMedKing
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Your review is much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know about your experience. I’m glad to hear you found your room clean & comfortable; I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping department. As for your experience in the restaurant, please contact me to further discuss your concerns. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stay in the new king bed suites when we go to this hotel... love having a separate room for my boys :) Clean rooms, friendly staff, and are always willing to help.

breakfast is ok... Sunday brunch is really good! Wish they had more healthier options for people who have to watch what they eat!

Kids love the waterslide and pool. They also have a baby/toddler pool.. which is great for my 20 month old!

Room Tip: Stay on a Saturday nite so you can have sunday brunch!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lostsok

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in the South Tower, like you said these rooms are perfect for having a separate sleeping room for the kids. I will pass along your comment about our Sunday Brunch to our Hotel Chef. Again I am happy that you enjoyed the facilities and accommodations and we look forward to having your family stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The "water park" is only 2 water slides, a hot tub, a kiddie pool, and a medium sized pool that was closed while I was staying there. The casino is pretty nice but drinks were not free. And as much as we spent at the casino, you'd think the price of the rooms would be cheaper like other hotels with casinos. We didn't try out the spa. The restaurants were nice but a tad expensive. The liquor store was small but decent. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were very nice, but it got rather loud early in the morning when kids were in the pool. That woke us up earlier than we wanted to be awake. Overall, it was a decent hotel, but slightly overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am happy you experienced all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Our Waterpark is the largest hotel pool facility located in Medicine Hat, and I apologize that during your stay our main pool was closed for renovations. All our prices are competitive for our market place, but I will pass along your concerns about the room and restaurant prices to the appropriate managers. Again thank you for reviewing our hotel and please contact myself the next time you decide to book a stay with us.
Guest Services Coordinator

Reviewed 8 June 2013

The stay was okay but the next morning I got a call from the medicine hat police service wondering why I never paid my bar tab from a bar a wasn't at. The medicine hat lodge just gave them all my personal info because some drunk guy at the bar said that's where he was staying. I talked to the manager and general manager and they said they give their clients info to the police all the time. I will not be staying there again.!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012