“Average stay”

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel is in a good location and I had a comfortable stay here. The room I had was spacious and came with the usual amenities including free WiFi. The staff were friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast was quite good. Overall, the property is clean, but compared to other properties I've stayed at it looks tired and is overdue for some upgrading.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert L

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The Medicine Hat Lodge is a comfortable stay with good service. They have fresh fruit in the lobby at all times and a great hot continental breakfast. The rooms are spacious, updated, and clean.

The only problem with the room was that the bed sheet kept coming off as they seemed to be a little too small for the size of the mattress.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Leeza9
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is adjacent to the TransCanada Hwy on the eastern outskirts of Medicine Hat.. There are several interesting attractions in the city but the hotel itself is surrounded by the usual honky-tonk. You will need a car to get around. The hotel has a number of good sized meeting rooms and free WiFi.

The hotel rooms a fairly large and the large bed is comfortable. The rooms offer the usual amenities. The standard bathroom does not have any grab bars to assist people who may need some support. The decor is tired and there were several minor maintenance items that had not been looked after.

The hotel has a large number of rooms overlooking a pool and waterslide. The exterior-facing rooms have small openable windows. The restaurant food is ok and there is a modest complimentary breakfast buffet. In general the staff are very pleasant to deal with.

My sense is that this hotel needs a major updating of both the rooms and the public areas. If this is not done it will have to move down-market to survive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SaskatoonWanderer
Reviewed 1 October 2013

No access to outside with no air conditioning so it was sweltering hot with no air flow. To top it off, people were partying all night until kids were playing in pool by 8am. Worst hotel sleep ever! One working elevator made for long waits, but front desk lady was very helpful when needed to go back into room after check out. Coupons for breakfast were good, but there was no bacon, and when we ordered it on side, it tasted microwaved :(
I would not book room near pool and check air conditioner before going to sleep

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Andi0518
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was staying in the Hat/Lodge on 3rd night after upgrading my room the police were called I spent the night in jail, naked from the waist down, broken wrist from being cuffed. The lodge charged me for night in jail and made 2 invoices 2 seperate visa numbers on file. In the morning I was escorted not to hospital but to Sask. (born in Calgary). I was also told never to return when I have family born, living nearby. Interesting note it is illegal to skateboard in Medicine Hat so watch your children. The lodge itself smelt like someone had a bull in the public showers. The elevator stunk of grease and did not work properly. My room was facing west and smelt of cigars. I tried to eat at other restaurants but only 1 available. Manager was obnoxious, felt I was taking advantage of him and facility. I will never ever go back, although embarassed I want all to realize that it sucks......

Room Tip: I would choose something newer - same price.good, I like we think alike ;)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sue367
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We usually stay here when we go to Medicine Hat. I called instead of booking online and got the "stay and play" package which includes casino coupons and deluxe free breakfast. This is a very good deal. The staff were accommodating and every one that works there is so friendly. The rooms are older and our window did not work well, but we left a note to make maintenance aware. Beds are good, clean and there was shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. Now what I thought is a very nice touch is the lemon ice water and fruits across from the front desk. Yes the hallways can use a face lift, but I don`t sleep there.

Room Tip: Call and ask for a package
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaretha S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The staff were amazing, and I find that makes or breaks a hotel for me. Room service was awesome. We needed more blankets and pillows and they came to our room in a flash.

My sister and her husband, my mom and dad, and my husband, kids and I had three rooms in a row. I don't think my room was vacuumed or if it was, it was a rush job, and the bathroom tiles looked gross (looked to be old, not dirty), but otherwise it was quite clean. Looking at everyone else's room, which was the same style as ours, everything looked fine, so I think it was just our room.

The pool was really neat, but they really need someone to watch the water slides. They need someone at the pool period. The place is too crowded to have no one there to enforce the rules.

We would stay there again. The price was nice. I suggest booking through the hotel as I am told that is the only way you get the free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family