Our family traveled to Medicine Hat to attend a fanily wedding. We were told a block of rooms were set aside for the wedding yet we were all on different floors. This was not a real problem. I had requested a room near an elevator since I had just had a knee replacement. They tried to find a room but were olny able to accomodate us with a third floor room half way down the hall. They were full, so we also understood that. The room, was fine, clean and in order.......... once we were able to get the keys to work to let us in. We struggled with it for quite some time. Each time we left our room we had to go to the desk to get new keys. It was very annoying to say the least. That evening after a wonderful time at the wedding reception held in the hotel, I ventured back to our room while my husband went to the casino for a bit. The key once again wouldn't work. Back down to the lobby for another key. The new key wouldn't work either. Back down I went again jackets and cameras in hand to get yet another key. Yes, again it didn't work. The next time I went down to the desk I was near tears and asked them to please, just let me in my room. They did so and I went to bed. I woke to the sound of my husband knocking on the door as his key wouldn't work either.
The next morning we took in their Sunday buffet. It was delicious and I would recomend trying it at least once. We were checking out that day and went back to the room to gather our luggage. As usual the keys wouldn't work. I asked a housekeeper to let us into our room. She called maintenance. The maintenance man came and fixed the lock in time for us to check out. I thanked him and he said it was nice of us to save the next guests the same frustration we had by calling him.
I just need to ask why the front desk people didn't send for maintenance the day before. Why did it take a housekeeper to finally get to the bottom of things.
Frustration aside, We would still stay there again. We slept well and it was clean........that is the biggest part of a hotel stay. It is amazing how many rooms wouldn't hold a candle to room 314 at the Medicine Hate Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa is southern Alberta's only four star resort and largest entertainment complex. We are proud to offer a variety of amenities including guest rooms and luxury suites, banquet & meeting facilities, a buffet restaurant, lounges, fine dining, giant indoor water slide park, exercise facility, one of Canada's top spas, a full service casino and so much more! We have something for everyone, all under one roof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino And Spa
- Medicine Hat Lodge Hotel Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Hotel
- Medicine Hat Resort
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa Alberta