This hotel had its good points and its not so good points, but overall, not so bad that we wouldn't stay again.
We decided to take a chance on this hotel after reading the reviews because of the waterpark for the kids, and it did not disapoint! The pool and area were always clean, and the attendants were always on task and easy to talk to with any concerns at all. We had a 10yr old and an 11mt old with us and the waterpark was very enjoyable for everyone.
The first room we stayed in was a standard room, which turned out to be too small for all of us for the 3 days we were going to be there. We spoke to the front desk and had no problem at all getting a suite which suited us better (they let us look first) for the rest of our stay which included an extra night after getting snowed in.
The front desk staff was pretty hit and miss though, none of them were rude, but out of the 3 we encountered only 1 was overall pleasant. The rest got the job done though.
The rooms were kinda rough around the edges and could use some upgrading (some have been already) everything in them seems pretty well worn but still in usable shape. One of our blankets had burn holes in it but the staff replaced it immediately. The fridges and microwaves are new and very clean. Tub looked kinda gross but was clean.
The continental breakfast was fine, there were a few items we chose to steer away from, but there were enough options that no one went hungry at all.
So if you are not looking for anything "top of the line" and aren't really picky then this is a good affordable place to stay, especially if you are going to want something for the kids to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Travelodge Hotel Medicine Hat you will find all 85 of our guest rooms to be clean, confortable and easy on your wallet. We have many amenities to ensure you feel like you are at your "home away from home". From our indoor waterpark with waterslide, hot tub and kiddies wading pool to our buffet breakfast or our extensive menu in the lounge there is something for everyone. We are suited for all your travel requirements from business to teams or just for that special weekend getaway. Our breakfast room serves a flavorful Hot Full Breakfast Buffet daily from 6:30 am to 10:00. Come and relax in the our wonderful lounge, Bar 403 with its amazing patio. Great food, great staff, great patio and great fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Medicine Hat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travel Lodge Medicine Hat
- Travelodge Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Travel Lodge
- Medicine Hat Travelodge
- Travelodge Hotel Medicine Hat Alberta