“Great value and very clean!!”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
“Great value and very clean!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had stayed at the Quality Inn while looking for a house in Medicine Hat about two years ago. My experience was not great. I found the hotel to be dated and the staff to be less than accommodating. I now reside in Medicine Hat and recently had family visit for several days. My children and I stayed at what is now the Executive on the Ridge (Ownership apparently changed hands about a month or so ago) with the visiting family members and had a fantastic experience. The rooms are exceptionally clean, many renovations and upgrades are currently under way, the staff very accommodating and the morning brunch was great. Staff gave us a tour of the meeting rooms and banquet facilities as well. I will definitely be considering this hotel for future business needs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JacquelineFA1981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was my first experience at this hotel - it is a fantastic value for money! Have stayed at other hotels in Medicine Hat - I understand that this hotel is under new management and they have plans for refurbishing this hotel - which would give me more value for my dollars! I plan to stay here again soon!

The staff at the hotel were friendly and attentive - the breakfast was excellent!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Harm D
Reviewed 5 October 2013

So for those who don't know, this hotel is no longer a quality inn it is now called executive on the ridge. I'm currently staying at this hotel and am awaiting the outcome of the fact someone had stolen my watch from my room while I was gone for the day. I brought this to the attention of the front desk as soon as I found out and was told that the manager would take care of it the next morning. I went back today during work hours and talked to a different lady at the front desk and was told the "NEW" owners are out of town and should return today sometime and they will make the decision on what is going to be done about this. Needless to say I'm not very pleased with the situation at the moment and I told them that this has to be resolved to my satisfaction. The only person who had access to my room was the cleaning lady on that floor, she was asked about it when she came on shift and of course denied knowing anything about my watch. They do not leave doors open while cleaning rooms in this hotel, so as far as I'm concerned it's easy to point a finger. If matters are takin care of to my satisfaction I will post an update later, if not you can know for certain to never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality and learned from staff the hotel is changing to an Executive Hotel with new owners and upgrades planned. I found the staff very friendly, had a good sleep the hotel was very quiet. Did not use the salt water pool, maybe next stay. The hot free breakfast next morning was a great way to start out on the road. Some areas of hotel are dated but the staff said the upgrades will make improvements. I look forward to my next visit to see the changes. Definitely value for the dollar.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat
Days Inn Medicine Hat
Days Inn Medicine Hat
#3 of 19 in Medicine Hat

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre

Property: Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Address: 954 7 St SW, Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 7R7, Canada (Formerly Executive on the Ridge Hotel & Convention Center)
Region: Canada > Alberta > Medicine Hat
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Business Hotel in Medicine Hat
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre 3*
The Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre is located in the heart of Medicine Hat and is close to attractions such as the Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre and Saamis Teepee. The hotel is also within close proximity of Medicine Hat Arena and Strathcona Island Park. Make yourself at home in one of the 65 air-conditioned guestrooms featuring complimentary WIFI, 46 flat panels TV's, refrigerators, microwaves, a working desk and ergo chair, in-room coffee service, iron and ironing boards, hair dryers and much more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre Medicine Hat, Alberta