“Another Great Choice”

Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel is my top choice for business trips to Medicine Hat. The location is great, service is fantastic. Rooms are very clean, very comfy. Perfect beds. Quiet and cozy but modern. Will stay here every time I come back to the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CIMHGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words and comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had a fantastic room. The bed was so comfortable, I actually slept very well. The room seemed very sound proof.
The staff was very friendly. I find it very personal and homey. The breakfast was one of the best I've had- a lot of variety. I always stay at the comfort inn when I visit Medicine Hat,AB.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CIMHGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for you review. I am so happy to hear that we make you feel at home and comfortable, and that you enjoyed your sleep....mission accomplished! Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was our first stay at this property and will definitely stay there again!
I don't know if the room we had was classed as a suite (probably was) but it had a couch and coffee table with counter area, bar sink, microwave and bar fridge.
The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well the 3 nights we were there. Even the pillows were comfortable which was a surprise because I haven't stay in a room where you notice comfortable pillows. I don't know how long the hotel has been there but it has been a while.
The property is well kept and clean. Check in and check out was fast with the desk clerk (Brandon I think) being very polite, friendly and informative.
The internet connection was excellent and fast.
We didn't use the pool or hot tub so I can't say anything about it.
The breakfast was very good! They had an excellent choice of items. They had bacon, scrambled egg patties, hard boiled eggs, good choice of yogurt, pastries, cereal, fruit, etc.
They also have a make it yourself waffle machine. One very minor change I would make would be to have sturdier plastic utensils.
The maintenance man saw me carrying a large container for water and offered to fill it for me as it would be easier than using the bath tub.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor north end close to the stairs. I was convenient for us to use the stai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and such kind words. It's so nice to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for your suggestion regarding stronger utensils for the breakfast. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Non smoking room was actually a smoking room, stunk terribly like smoke and the heater was full of cigarette ash. Went down and talked to the attendant, said there was nothing he could do but spray air freshener, management would fix the problem in the morning. Management said in the morning they couldn't refund or discount the room because I had prepaid so there was nothing they could do. Utter BS, completely dissatisfied, don't stay here unless the rate is less than $10 a night, that's all it's worth.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank for your review. I am truly sorry that you were not pleased with your stay and that we were not able to resolve your concerns regarding the smoky smell in your room. It is true, the guest room that you were assigned has been converted to a non smoking room and unfortunately, we have not done our best to eliminate the smell. I am also sorry that we were unable to move you to a more suitable room due to having a full house on the night of your stay. I have provided you with additional Choice Privileges points and would be happy to offer you a complimentary stay during your next visit eventhough you feel that our hotel is not worth more than $10/night. Due to the nature of your reservation (prepaid, advance bookings) are not subject to be being cancelled or refunded so it was a bit of a misunderstanding that we were not able to offer you a discount during checkout. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The staff was very friendly, the room was very nice and comfortable, the continental breakfast was what you'd expect (eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, juice, muffins...). Has a minor issue with the ironing board which was quickly resolved. This is my favorite place to stay when I'm in Medicine Hat.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the road are quiet. I haven't had a "bad" room there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gwhamon

Thank your for your review and kinds words! We really appreciate your comments and are always pleased to learn that we are guests favorite place to stay! I am also glad to hear that we were able to resolve your ironing board issue quickly and to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a good stay here. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was facing the main highway but was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast was very good. It featured cooked eggs, bacon, waffles as well as the usual breads, buns and fruit. Our only complaint with the hotel was the pool and hot tub. The pools liner in the shallow end was wrinkled and very hard to walk on. The hot tub was filthy. We mentioned this to the night manager and were assured that it would be seen to. Our stay was a one night stop over in a longer trip. The comfortable bed and lovely breakfast made the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy our swimming pool and hot tub due to the cleanliness. We do take pride in our work and we are sorry that we failed at keeping this area clean and up to standards. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our breakfast offerings and that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here on August 15 with my mom for 1 night. We both enjoyed this hotel. The room was clean, but the door on the mini-fridge didn't close completely - we mentioned this to the front desk when we checked out.The breakfast was great and liked being able to make your own waffles. The hotel is easy to find on the Trans-Canada highway on the south side of Medicine Hat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our signature waffles - be sure to try the flavored ones next time you visit! Thank you also for your comments regarding the fridge door not closing properly. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon.