“disappointment at checkout time”

Home Inn Express Medicine Hat
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Weyburn, Canada
“disappointment at checkout time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a first time guest at any Motel 6, I feel a need to share my immense disappointment at our checkout. The room was fine, the breakfast to go was fine, too, but when we had to leave a day earlier than we had reserved for, we were treated poorly. I had prebooked two rooms for three nights and, due to circumstances beyond our control, had to check out at 2:45 p.m. on the second day. Because the official check out time is 11 a.m., we were told nothing could be done and we were not compensated in any way for the unused, prepaid third night for either room. We received absolutely nothing but a mumbled "sorry" from the front desk worker, not even a complimentary water bottle that I noticed most others receiving upon checkout. I was not rude in any way to the staff, as that is not who I am, but I am very disappointed and will not choose a Motel 6 again. As a further note, my son had a nosebleed Thursday night and the bloodied sheet was still on the bed when we checked out Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Audrey C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Medicine Hat. Your feedback is very important to us. At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I apologize for the miscommunication on our part during your check out. Thank you for allowing me to contact you to resolve this situation. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are in Medicine Hat again.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here on business for 1 night. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. I stayed in a single that was not very big, but perfect for what I needed. The continental breakfast was a "breakfast to go", but that was fine, as I could just take it back to my room. However, the selection is small. The staff was very pleasant and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Seanwb,

Thank you for leaving us your comments and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Medicine Hat.

Miramichi, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

This motel is a cut above any Motel 6 we have stayed, in every way. Clean, customer oriented, breakfast provided, rooms with more amenities than we have received before in this chain. Location gave good access to shopping and restaurants. While the motel wasn't brand new, it wasn't shabby in the least. Would certainly choose this property again.

• Stayed March 2014
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Bookwormpeg,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Medicine Hat. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This place is clean, comfortable and friendly. The beds and bedding are top notch! There is a small dry breakfast included with your stay. Pet friendly hotel. Our room was very clean and the sheets and comforter are also clean and crisp.

There is also cookies and iced tea for the kids to have any time they wish.

If you want cleanliness with affordability this is it.

Also, the staff are so friendly and asked us a few times if everything was okay.

This is now our hotel of choice!

• Stayed February 2014
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Caseyharvey,

Thank you for staying with us while in Medicine Hat! We appreciate your comments and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our beds and linen and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We recently spent two nights at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and the bed really comfortable. The staff was friendly and always looking to help us with anything they could. Only downside was no coffee maker in room. They have coffee available in the lobby 24 hrs a day and free breakfast in room off lobby. When I first get out of bed I like to have a coffee and wake up, not get dressed and go down stairs to get coffee. Other than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Maywill0312,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback about the coffee makers. It is something we will have to consider adding to our guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Very clean and friendly for a reasonable price. Bed was a little to hard. Woke up a few times because the circulation in my arms would get cut off. It happens when I sleep in a bed that's too hard for me. Also woke the next morning with cramps in my back. This also happens when I sleep in a bed that's too hard for me. What really impressed me though was when I checked out in the morning the desk clerk let me know that they had a free breakfast to go in the other room and she took the time to guide me to it. They had coffee, different kinds of muffins, fresh apples and oranges, cereal bars, juice boxes, toast and more. Very good customer service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Ian S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Motel 6 Medicine Hat.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have stayed here a few times. It is very clean and staff are helpful. Restaurants closeby. Close to the highway. Reasonable rates.
Pet friendly. Pets stay at no extra cost.
Very popular. Reservations are required if you want to stay there.
Cookies and pet treats at the front desk are appreciated.
My family members use it whenever they are traveling across the Prairies.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Crystal M, Manager at Home Inn Express Medicine Hat, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Suecor,

Thank you for leaving us your comments. We are glad you enjoyed our cookies and pet treats. We hope to have you and your furry friend stay with us soon!