“Great Food”

Houston Pizza
Ranked #137 of 193 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thunder Bay
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We visited this restaurant as it is very close to Motel 6. The service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent . Great selection of food if you arent into pizza. Prices were good. Large portions of food too. We would go back again.

Visited August 2013

Parksville, Canada
“What a Mistake.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This restaurant is across from the hotel we were staying at and we decided to catch a quick lunch before going sight seeing. What a mistake! First of all, there was nothing quick about it. They had one waitress on for all patrons. She was pleasant but harried. It was not very busy but the food took time to come out of the kitchen, so were probably understaffed there as well. My wife ordered one of the specials, dry ribs/salad. We'll begin there. When you can't identify the meat being used by taste, sight or anything else, you know you are in trouble. These ribs were deep fried in something, and were definitely DEEP Fried, many being burnt somewhere, some not edible, but still plated. The salad was not fresh.....no more be said. I had a Thai quesadilla and it started out ok until I realized it was WET!. For some reason the entire bottom of it was saturated with some kind of liquid (hopefully water), so I ate the filling. You may ask why I did not complain, well, judging on what I'd seen to date, I figured it wouldn't help much as I'm sure they have heard allot of them in the past and they really don't give a damn. We just wanted to get out of there and be on our way. When we received the bill there was a deduction of 10% for car dealers?...and I asked what that was about and the waitress said she saw that my quesadilla was wet....she couldn't understand why as all the others served were ok...but that she gave me a discount they give the local car dealership staff to me....thanks.
I travel a fair bit, 32 countries so far, and I'm sorry to say that this is the worst restaurant experience I have had in my life, no exaggeration, as I usual check reviews on where we decide to eat and rely on friends, but this time I made the mistake of just 'going in cold'.
Sorry to say that this is a western Canadian restaurant chain.....come on fellow countryman, do us proud....serve some decent food or get out of the business!

• Visited September 2013
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We had two seniors with us, 83 & 84 years old. There is no seniors menu. Manager refused to let them order from the children's menu to get smaller portion. For the prices they charge the coffee could be better quality. On the up side the waitress was nice.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gillis4041
McAllen, Texas
“Staff is good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We ate in the lounge and it was not that busy so service was good. The food was good and we would eat here again

Visited August 2013
Thank Kurt.mr S
MB
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We wanted something quick and delivered to our hotel - and someone suggested Houston Pizza. We had a three topping pizza and it was delicious. The price is more then your regular fast pizza joints - but this place gave more then enough toppings and was worth the price. The crust was really tasty too.

• Visited June 2013