Western Budget Reddeer #1
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$84
US$99
US$107
US$92
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the night of August 5th,2013. Upon registering the clerk upgraded me to their most expensive room( with a Jacuzzi) telling me that that was the only room available. the room was quite warm when i entered it and i noticed the air conditioner was on the lowest temp setting. After about an hour the room was getting warmer and I discovered the gas fireplace was on and giving off loads of heat. I called the desk and was told to turn the room thermostat to its lowest setting(which i did) half an hour went by and the fireplace was still giving off lots of heat..I called the desk again and this time was told to be patient. The air conditioner was blowing half warm air. The room temp got up over 25C. about 11pm the fridge started to make such a noise I had to shut it off..I could not use the tub for fear of making the room even more uncomfortable.I got up at 6am and went out to check the parking lot to find it about half full which meant the upgrade to this expensive room was just a scam. I called the head office a few days ago to voice my concerns and was told I would be called back..I have not heard from anyone. The employees there simply don`t care nor does the so called head office. the head office has no email address and answers the phone with just "hello" without identifying the business.

Room Tip: avoid this particular Western Budget. The Western Budget on the other side of the highway I would rate as excellant in all categories
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
14  Thank dennis c
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Solo female on a bike trip. Needed bed and shower and food. Don't know if all the rooms have them but she must have seen the fatigue (on bike for 4 long days first time this summer) and put me in a room with a jetted tub. It was heavenly. Ricky's right next door for food. Room was clean and quiet. Great stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terri S
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here because I was working and our company booked us in here. I should firstly mention that we worked here six months previous and stayed in the other location on the northbound side of the highway without incident. I am not writing this to complain or exaggerate because the rooms are sub par and not the cleanest, it called Western Budget for good reason. I just want to warn people that this place has bed bugs. I was staying in room 208 and sitting on the chair surfing the web on my laptop when I noticed something in the corner of my eye on the arm of the chair. I immediately stood up and leaned in closer for a look as the room was dimly lit. I knew what it was and instantly went for a tissue and apprehended the critter. Next, I took my new friend with me and went downstairs to show the front desk clerk. I was offered another room which I obviously accepted and my roommate and I moved.(room 205) The next morning I noticed I had been bitten by a bed bug which I unfortunately have experienced previously in my life to assure you readers that I am certain. I took pictures of both the bug and the bites. I can't blame the hotel or my company for being so frugal because I doubt bed bugs are discriminate as to where the go. Unfortunate luck for my this time as I do spend a lot of time working away from home and live in "cheap hotels" part time all over Alberta and Saskatchewan.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
20  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Got to the hotel at 9:15 pm for check in. We were tired after a long day and looking forward to a good rest. Went up to the room we were assigned only to find it full of garbage with unmade dirty beds. The front desk apologized for the mistake and assured us it would be cleaned in five minutes. Wrong!!! We finally got in at 10:15. While we were waiting i used the lobby washroom, gross! I had to clean dried pee of the seat before i could even use the toilet and they were out of paper towel. When we finally got up to our room it had a grungy feel to it, stains on the shower curtain, door etc. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable and I woke up with a headache and sore back.
The bright side was that we didnt have to drive home on horrible roads that night and it only cost us $80. However we will likely not stay there again!!

• Stayed: April 2013
16  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Last minute booking...friend wanted to soak their aching leg so booked jacquzzi room.
Friendly front desk checked us in quick.
Room was dated but ok for one night stay.
Dusty lamps, loose toilet seat, old food in fridge, noisy road
Price was $99