“repeat customer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Deer
Western Budget Motel Red Deer #2
Ranked #2 of 5 Red Deer B&B and Inns
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“repeat customer”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here many many different times and my stay has been great. Two comfortable double beds, clean room, free continental breakfast, fridge, pool and a fireplace in every room. All for $74. All of these rooms are the same layout and amenities so never had a problem with any room I received. Let satisfied every time and would definitely recommend it and would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Linda L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not sure if this is the right Western Budget cause when you GPS WEstern Budget 2 it takes you to the one on the right side of the highway when travelling south on Highway 2 which is apparantly called Western Budget #2 ....there is another western Budget 2 which is the one we stayed at on the right side of the highway if you were travelling north towards Edmonton ...very confusing .........yes ...do they tell you on the phone ...NO... and it is a royal hassle getting from one to the other !! first fail here ......The hotel is nice and clean, friendly staff, clean rooms which our kitchen jet tub suite was large with a full stocked kitchen and full size stove and fridge and very large jet/air tub, fire place not needed in our hot room, bedwas comfortable for a change in a hotel and rooms were quite sound proof also nice. Room 1023 looked out to the parking lot but was only 5 minutes from our venue. Good eats around and Wifi worked perfect and was free. pool on small side and quite cool but clean , breakfast was standard carb overload with juice but nothing to complain....here were the dealbreakers ...good channells but broken older model TV that buzzed and volume went up and down so had to ask for it to be replaced ....these nice rooms deserve flat screens ....but here we go again, the worst part !! ...second hotel in two weeks that of course the A/C is broken and the room was hotter than he....so you could not use the hot tub cause the room was a sauna. The fan on the A/C was very loud and windows opened a crack and it was hot in red deer this weekend . Yes they offered to move us but what is the point ..I booked this room weeks ago to get the one I wanted and I would have been moved to a room with no jet tub and no kitchen .....GRRRRR frustrating ....so if you dont care about the TV and you dont care about broken AC then stay here or at least ask to make sure they have checked the AC in the room assigned to you before you stay ....

Room Tip: make sure the AC is checked the morning of to make sure it works so you have time to switch to the s...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank rlmptl
wainwright, alberta
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My hubby and I decided to try this motel out for a night. For 107.00 we got a room with a king size bed and a Jacuzzi, and continental breakfast. there was a fireplace in the room also. The room was very clean and the staff were awesome. Everything was great, will b coming back in the future for a night...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I expected an 80 dollar-a-night accommodation but instead got a $130.00 one for the 80 bucks! I upgraded from the 60 dollar one to 2 Queens for 80 - fireplace, fridge. Spacious room, decent bathroom. Continental (basic but still, something). I will always try to get this accommodation. This is the motel on the East side of the highway - there is another Western Budget on the west side that I may try IF this one is full.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the back, probably a good choice as the major Highway runs past the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I needed a hotel room for one night to conduct some business in Red Deer and figured that this would be the most convenient to where I needed to be. The room was big and spacious with a nice fireplace (which I wasn't told how to turn on). The room faced the QE2 Highway so there was some traffic sound coming into the room. The kitchenette would have been nice for an extended stay. Sadly the pool was out of order and if I had known this before I finalized my check-in, I would have chosen another hotel. The second floor rooms were being painted and the smell of paint in the hallway was overwhelming but it didn't get into the room where I slept. The breakfast was disappointing as it was basic with no fruit, yogurt, hot cakes/waffles or boiled eggs being offered. Their budget rate rooms were all sold out and as I was only a single and staying for one night, they did discount the rate of the larger room.

Room Tip: West side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Katy365
Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We were only concerned with having a clean room and comfy bed and that is what we got here. If that were all there was to consider in the review the rating would be a 4 but I do have to consider that the pool is extremely small and the complimentary breakfast is a bore at best and a carb nightmare at worst :( I've heard the beds are poor... we were in the jacuzzi room with fireplace and it had a nice foam mattress.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed this past weekend at the Western Budget it was convienantly located for why we were in Red Deer for the weekend. The complimentary breakfast has not one thing to say great things about, very basic, nothing special to encourage a return visit.when the guests prior to myself checked out the hotel failed to remove their wake up call for 630 am, it rang at 630, 640 and again at 645 on a Saturday morning, I had to call the operator and ask them to turn it off.
room was clean enough, beds were pretty hard as were the pillows.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family