“Tried to book over the phone, Lady hung up on me and told me to "Go Book with someone else"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Deer
Western Budget Motel Red Deer #2
Ranked #2 of 5 Red Deer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I called to book a hotel room today for my driver, which we do every 4 weeks. I spoke with Laurie, who claims to be the manager and the boss (her words not mine). When I disagreed with her regarding sending my credit card over the fax she replied with "GO book somewhere else" and then proceeded to rudely hang up on me. I don't know about you, but this is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. No hotel is worth that kind of treatment. This might be a wonderful hotel but obviously I was not a good enough customer for "laurie" and her hotel. I called back and asked to speak with the manager to which she explained was herself and that she is the boss and she makes up the rules. The whole phone call was ridiculous but by writing this review I hope to save someone else from having to deal with this kind of treatment. Please do not waste your time booking with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Nicole K

Reviewed 10 March 2014

So these guys rent out rooms to rig workers and don't bother to check to see if the rooms are maintained. I got to this Hotel from Texas to do an evaluation on a staff member from Canada. Got there on Friday and pre-paid for the 3 nights. So when I get there I go to the room and notice it is pretty hot in the room .....turn down the thermostat but nothing and couldnt get the AC to work at all so I called the front desk to see if I could get this fixed or be put into a room that actually had room temp controls that worked. 4 hours go by and nothing so I call down and ask them if there is any progress on getting something done.....she pretty much replied that we tried to call the room 4 times and you did not answer. I did not leave the room and my phone did not ring once so I simply told her that then she pretty much called me a liar and said again she called 4 times and when I asked her if she was calling me a liar .....reply was fine stay in that room then and hung up in my ear.

In an effort to fix this I went to the front desk and asked for the woman I was just talking to on the phone that had hung up on me. So there were 3 people in the office and one of the women pipes up and said it was her that called and said maybe I shouldnt have left the room and i might have gotten the call. After that the guy behind the counter pipes up and points his finger at me and says your a liar so I simply tell the guy you had better get your finger out of my face and it totally blew up from there with all of them telling me I was nothing but a liar and that maybe I should go stay somewhere else. long story short we exchange not so fuzzy words and the woman that hung up on me picks up a stack of hotel room cards and actually throws them at me and then says I am calling the RCMP.....and to stay right there.As she is doing that the guy pipes up and says you have 15 mins to get your stuff and leave....a little more graphic than that. So I ask well what would you like me to do go get my stuff or stay right here??????

Police show up and I explain the situation and they tell me that they are not a stranger to this hotel and that other people have had similar problems here at this specific hotel. After they finish talking to me and I ask them to go to my room to just look it over so I am not stuck with a huge bill from these very upstanding hillbilly trailer trash hotel managers / employees. First thing they notice in the room is that it is crazy hot.....oh ya and that the thermostat was not in working order.

Then they talk to the staff in question and it is not until asked about the card throwing incident do they admit that but not forthcoming with the info until questioned about it. They inform the RCMP members that they will not be refunding any of the money for the remaining days left that were prepaid in advance and also that they were going to add an addition charge of 150$ onto the card to pay for the thermostat that wasnt working when I got the room. Then one of the women got snippy even with the RCMP members.

So I was not only insulted and treated horrible as a paying customer but I was charged for days I was not able to stay due to them essentially kicking me out for complaining and to add insult to injury charged an additional 150 for the thermostat that was broken upon my arrival......on the brightside I did call my credit card company and told them the situation gave them the RCMP number for the member I spoke with and they will not let any of the charges go through .....room or thermostat charges.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL BECAUSE IT IS HORRIBLE TOWARD ITS CUSTOMERS AND SERIOUSLY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE NEXT CALL I MAKE IS TO HEAD OFFICE AND THEN ANY OTHER REVIEW SITES I CAN FIND AS WELL AS THE BBB SO NO ONE ELSE GETS ROOKED INTO THIS TRASHY PLACE.

TO THE HOTEL STAFF THAT DID THIS YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE STAYING THERE EXPECT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AT LEAST SO THAT BEING SAID I THINK YOU NEED TO EXPLORE OTHER EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS BECAUSE YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOUR DOING AND THIS ISN'T QUITE OVER YET BECAUSE THIS IS ONE CUSTOMER THAT WILL MAKE MORE WAVES THAN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE SO DRAFT UP YOUR RESUMES NOW AS I WILL ENSURE YOU ALL GET FIRED FOR THIS!!!!!

Room Tip: Lots of other hotels on that same stretch of road so avoid this hotel at all costs or this could pos...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
25  Thank Curtis W
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to take a weekend getaway and looked at several different places before deciding on this motel.
When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and friendly atmosphere, once we got into our room (a jacuzzi suite) it was very spacious and quiet. The bed was a king size thick foam and was one of the best sleeps in a hotel ever!!! The next morning even though the parking lot was full of what seemed to be rig workers, early risers etc we didn't here anything!
I have talked this motel up with friends and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingcouple2014
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here many many different times and my stay has been great. Two comfortable double beds, clean room, free continental breakfast, fridge, pool and a fireplace in every room. All for $74. All of these rooms are the same layout and amenities so never had a problem with any room I received. Let satisfied every time and would definitely recommend it and would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not sure if this is the right Western Budget cause when you GPS WEstern Budget 2 it takes you to the one on the right side of the highway when travelling south on Highway 2 which is apparantly called Western Budget #2 ....there is another western Budget 2 which is the one we stayed at on the right side of the highway if you were travelling north towards Edmonton ...very confusing .........yes ...do they tell you on the phone ...NO... and it is a royal hassle getting from one to the other !! first fail here ......The hotel is nice and clean, friendly staff, clean rooms which our kitchen jet tub suite was large with a full stocked kitchen and full size stove and fridge and very large jet/air tub, fire place not needed in our hot room, bedwas comfortable for a change in a hotel and rooms were quite sound proof also nice. Room 1023 looked out to the parking lot but was only 5 minutes from our venue. Good eats around and Wifi worked perfect and was free. pool on small side and quite cool but clean , breakfast was standard carb overload with juice but nothing to complain....here were the dealbreakers ...good channells but broken older model TV that buzzed and volume went up and down so had to ask for it to be replaced ....these nice rooms deserve flat screens ....but here we go again, the worst part !! ...second hotel in two weeks that of course the A/C is broken and the room was hotter than he....so you could not use the hot tub cause the room was a sauna. The fan on the A/C was very loud and windows opened a crack and it was hot in red deer this weekend . Yes they offered to move us but what is the point ..I booked this room weeks ago to get the one I wanted and I would have been moved to a room with no jet tub and no kitchen .....GRRRRR frustrating ....so if you dont care about the TV and you dont care about broken AC then stay here or at least ask to make sure they have checked the AC in the room assigned to you before you stay ....

Room Tip: make sure the AC is checked the morning of to make sure it works so you have time to switch to the s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank rlmptl
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My hubby and I decided to try this motel out for a night. For 107.00 we got a room with a king size bed and a Jacuzzi, and continental breakfast. there was a fireplace in the room also. The room was very clean and the staff were awesome. Everything was great, will b coming back in the future for a night...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I expected an 80 dollar-a-night accommodation but instead got a $130.00 one for the 80 bucks! I upgraded from the 60 dollar one to 2 Queens for 80 - fireplace, fridge. Spacious room, decent bathroom. Continental (basic but still, something). I will always try to get this accommodation. This is the motel on the East side of the highway - there is another Western Budget on the west side that I may try IF this one is full.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the back, probably a good choice as the major Highway runs past the front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business