“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Alberta
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for approximately 10 days this month. For the price, my room exceeded my expectations. It was very roomy, had a very comfortable bed and nice sheets! The black out drapes were fantastic. I really enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning, they had everything from omlettes, waffles, sausages, eggs, french toast, dry cereal. Really tasty! The lady who served the breakfast was super friendly, you could tell she enjoyed her job!

The hotel was quiet, I could never hear anything in the hallway. In my room, I would've liked a bathtub instead of a giant shower but that's probably my fault for not saying anything. Would've also been nice to have a few more channels on the tv, I had some difficulty finding shows to watch. Maybe upgrade from basic cable in the future? Having said all that, I definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay at a Hampton in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for your pleasant review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us while doing business in Red Deer! I will certainly pass along your compliments to our breakfast hostess, she will be happy to know people appreciate the job she does!

We are upgrading our TV channels to be in High Definition very soon, and along with that will be increasing our channel selection as well. So look for that in the coming months! Thanks again, and I’m happy to see you love Hampton Inn’s!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We checked in here after walking in and out of the Super 8 in Red Deer. For only 20 more dollars than Super 8 we ended up with a huge king suite in a nice part of town. New hotel, great service, very clean and large selection breakfast in the morning. No disappointment here!

Room Tip: We got a room close to the pool. It was nice to just be able to scoot back to our room after a swim.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RockyMom2010
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for posting your warm review of our hotel, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our king studio suite and swimming pool! We hope to see you back again soon!
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here on March 6th,2012,and arrived later on at night.Our family was welcomed and our first impression was great.The room was clean and tidy,with the exception of a minor blemish in the shower(a bit of hair stuck to the wall),we were pleased! The beds were very comfortable,and it was a cozy stay on the wintery night we were there.The checkout was flawless,and the outstanding food and service in the continental breakfast room was second to none.The lady in the breakfast room was helpful and friendly.Without a doubt,our first choice to stay next time we visit!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jcsch
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review of our hotel! We are so happy you and your family chose to stay with us while in Red Deer! I am sorry to hear about the hair stuck to the shower wall. This is far below our high housekeeping standards, and I will ensure we are more thorough in checking rooms moving forward. I will also pass along your compliments to our breakfast hostess; it’s great to hear that she’s doing a great job! I am glad you’ll be back here the next time you’re in Red Deer as we love having you here!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I had a one night stay at this location and am happy a Hampton Inn has come to the Red Deer area. Service and comfort wise, the Hampton rates as a much better place to stay than the Seheraton, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express and Red Deer lodge in the City of Red Deer.
Check in was quick andr perfunctory with no issues. There is plenty of free parking. The hotel is less than two years old and it still feels fresh. I was also upgraded upon check-in (I'm a Diamond Hilton Honors member), which was a nice touch. The suite I stayed in was a clone of the Lethbridge Hampton Inn (which opened at roughly the same time) suites. The beds are very comfortable with fresh linens. Wi-fi strength was strong in my room and I had no issues during my stay. Shower pressure in the rooms was great and there was no hint of noise from the highway during my stay.

Of special note is the morning breakfast hostess was warm and welcoming for everyone that came in for the free breakfast and I saw other guests respond positively to her also.

This hotel is ideally suited for people either in transit along the QE2 highway or don't mind a short commute into Red Deer. If you're familiar with the Red Deer highway exits, you'll find it easy to get to the major amenities in Red Deer from the hotel. For groups using Westerner Park for hockey tournaments, trade shows or special events this is a very accessible option to you if you have a car. However, if you want to stay close to amenities or Red Deer's nightlife, this may not be your best option if you don't have a vehicle.

Two small things to note for the hotel, since the general manager is monitoring postings. I hope the hotel will consider bringing in Pay Per View options. The Red Deer movie theatre is within a two minute drive but it doesn't match the comfort of watching a newer movie in a room. I fear services like Netflix and itunes has made this less desirable. The second thing is a fairly simple thing. The front desk should keep a decent cork screw/bottle opener at its desk. While I understand the reluctance to encourage rowdier groups from drinking in the rooms, a glass of wine on a wintry night while relaxing in one's room goes a long way for weary travelers. The free disposable corkscrew offered at the front desk is not always ideal for newer synthetic corks and I've stayed at other hotels that do this simple thing that makes my stay better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank game_misconduct
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for posting your pleasant review of our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback and positive comments! We also appreciate your loyalty to the HHonors program as a Diamond member, the highest ranking you can achieve! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in the King Studio Suite, and I will certainly pass along your nice comments about our breakfast hostess. I am sure she’ll be happy to know her efforts are appreciated! As for the Pay Per View channels, we are upgrading to High-Definition TV and may look at Pay Per View in the future. We will be getting free upgraded movie channels however. I also appreciate your comment about having some better corkscrews/bottle openers available upon request. This is an excellent suggestion and we can certainly have a few available to guests! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel during the Scotties tournament. It was comparable price to the other chain hotels in the area, so we booked it because the pictures made it look very modern.
We were thrilled when we arrived! Our room (one of the suites) was VERY large and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the desk between the living room and bedroom came in handy for dinners and board games. We loved the TV that rotates between the bedroom and living room. Rather than leave on Sunday after a two night stay as we originally booked, we loved it here so much we phoned the front desk before checking out and requested to stay an additional night.
We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast because it appeared to be lots of white bread type stuff (muffins, croissants, waffles) and meats. It looked good, just not our style. Seemed to be very popular with families though and the breakfast room was clean and well decorated.
The pool area was small but did the trick for a quick splash around.
I can't see us ever needing to stay in Red Deer again (no offense to Red Deerians), but if we did I wouldn't even think of booking anywhere else. We were so pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bebemalla
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for posting your lovely review of our hotel, I am so glad you chose to stay with us during the Scotties Tournament of Hearts and even extended your stay an extra night! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the king studio suite and modern décor. The breakfast does have other options as well such as fresh fruit, fruit salad, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt and more. Thanks again for the great recommendation!
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Nice good clean room with free internet. Friendly staff and very helpful.

Room Tip: Away from elevator.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank johancanada
Thank you so much for posting your warm review of our hotel, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we will see you again when you’re in Red Deer!
Calgary
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very new and clean. The rooms are modern and large with comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations given there is no restaurant. When I made my reservation I was not pleased with the scripted, cranky lady who answered the phone but the rest of the staff were pleasant. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CalgaryK
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel, we appreciate the feedback. I am so glad to see you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our modern décor, the clean & fresh beds and the complimentary breakfast! I hope you will stay with us again when doing business in Red Deer!