Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
US$101
US$93
US$78
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Red Deer(Red Deer)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$119
US$98
US$96
Agoda.com
Super 8 Red Deer City Centre(Red Deer)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$134
US$107
TownePlace Suites
US$91
Black Knight Inn(Red Deer)
US$118
US$115
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgasoline alleygreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastrecommend this hotelhotel experienceexcellent breakfastking suitebreakfast staffthe breakfast areaexcellent stayclean roomseasy accessfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againoff the highwayhot tubbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Okay, so not the most glamorous Alberta holiday hot spot however; this past weekend saw what seemed like hundreds of youngsters with tired looking parents, trekking to Red Deer, Alberta for a weekend soccer tournament. We have done this tournament for several seasons now and this was our first time staying at this fabulous resort by Hilton. It is located on the southern outskirts of Red Deer, neatly tucked behind the famous (at least in Alberta) "Gasoline Alley". If you are searching for this hotel's location on any of the map servers, please be aware that they all direct you to a farmer's field somewhere North-West of Red Deer. Who can explain why this is but, ignore your computer maps when you find yourself staring at what looks to be a bumper Canola crop for some industrious farmer. Personally, I would just blame my wife's suspect navigational skills again but, a quick phone call to the hotel confirmed my suspicions that I recall driving past this new hotel on one of my many trips to Calgary and back.

The industrious, all working General Manager's name is Jill and she readily provided her direct cell number for what must be a few hours away from her complex so that she could work out. Jill was not only gracious but, seemed to enjoy the little problems that popped up from time to time and she handled them with an ease that suggested we need not worry about anything as she had an answer. Not to worry that the boardroom was booked, she made the breakfast area available. Extra anything, just ask! I can see why she was chosen to manage this new complex.

Although it would seem impossible to one-up Jill's demeanor, our housekeeper Luzma, certainly gave her a run for her money. I could not imagine how she could be so genial when I looked into some of the rooms and wondered why with only two children, it looked as if dozens had crashed for the night! She was helpful with everything from supplying extra towels to, working around the odd occasional parent trying to grab an hour's sleep in the middle of her cleaning rotation. Great job Luzma!

I couldn't leave this review without covering the breakfast. I would more categorize this as a breakfast feast! I have stayed in one or two hotels in my sixty-two years however, the Hilton chain has set a very high bar in their idea of a casual breakfast! This feast is provided from 6:00AM - 10:00AM and includes everything from fresh fruit to Belgium waffles. Feel like bacon and eggs? Got it! Maybe something more healthy is your fare? Handled! We were trying to keep the kids focused on playing and NOT running around the field on full little breakfast stomachs, as that just doesn't seem healthy. But this Hilton property did everything in their power to make sure that if our kids were being lethargic on the fields of battle, it was going to be as a direct result of their unbelievable breakfast smorgasbord of plenty.

I rarely find myself staying overnight in Red Deer but if I do, this is exactly the location that I will chose. This home away from home, is close to everything and their comfortable rooms are symbolic of all that the Hilton chain has become known for over the years. Great mattresses with ultra comfortable pillows almost sing you to sleep. Alright, maybe running after hundreds of children all day had something to do with that as well but, coming home to a beautiful room with it's wide open marble finished bathroom, sure didn't hurt one little bit!

Thank-you Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank baudley
Barry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let Jill and the staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel is wonderful!!!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did have a little problem with the sink plug in the bathroom but it was fixed within 5 minutes of reporting it. All the duvets in each room are washed everyday for each new guest. The bed was very comfortable, and they offer two types of pillows (firm or soft). The breakfast was included and it was the best "free" breakfast we had ever seen. Absolutely everything you could want was available and fresh!

Another amazing thing about this hotel was their guarantee that if you are not happy you don't pay!! I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary W
Barry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed here for one weekday night on a business trip and was very impressed - Great service, modern decor, clean and comfortable rooms and a hearty buffet breakfast with something for every taste. My king room had a fridge & microwave and the big bathroom was great, with a roomy walk in shower. The hotel is at the Southern end of Gasoline Alley, but there are still a couple of restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to drive into town. If I need to stay in Red Deer again, this hotel will be top of my list!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JC_Traveller
Barry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey, we appreciate all the comments and feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We couldn't have had a better experience. Clean rooms, friendly staff, pool open until midnight, FANTASTIC breakfast. I couldn't complain about anything, even if I wanted to. If other Hamptons are like this one, I won't bother staying anywhere else when travelling.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2012

What more do you want from a Hampton Inn?

Half way from Edmonton to Calgary. Right off the TransCanada. The hotel claims to be walking distance to the westerner. I wouldn't walk that far! But it's wlaking distance to many fast food places and a movice theater.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.