“Only place we will stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Red Deer

Holiday Inn Express Red Deer
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton, Canada
“Only place we will stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

My wife and I will only stay here. Great location, friendly staff and a fair price. Rooms are well done, roomy and the bed was great. No noise on the busiest road in the city.Standard b fast.
Best part is my beef about any hotel or motel that charges for wifi. FREE wifi and very good speed. Well done. showers work great

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We can't tell you how happy we are to get your positive remarks about Holiday Inn Express Red Deer. We work hard every day to ensure that we not only meet but exceed our customers' expectations.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your review and your business; we look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I thought Express was the low end.

Very new, large rooms, stylish lobby meeting place. GREAT restaurant
Even a pool slide for the kids and an exercise room to ..........exercise with machines. Gotta do that some day.

The manager was extremely helpful in describing the discounts and deals. He should slow down and take a breath.

Reminders for affinity cards, and restaurants and all.

Restaurant was great for a city. Fantastic for a Holiday Inn.

Give it a shot.

Room Tip: Mid way from elevator
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I use hotels quite a lot in my line of business, and I always appreciate great service! The staff were friendly and very helpful! I had the pleasure to speak with them and the manager during my stay and as a manager myself I can see a very well lead team. The room was comfortable, clean, and the house keeping staff did an excellent job as well. All around great place to stay, you will defeintely see me again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
At Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, its the positive comments that drive us to be the best hotel in Red Deer. Our caring staff and attentive management / ownership team work hard each day to ensure that your stay meets or exceeds your expectations.
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive comments and we also appreciate your business. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Room was fine but heat did not work on both mornings of a 2 night stay. Mentioned it to staff and hear worked in the evening but not the following morning. . No hot water for shower on both mornings. Staff said it was due to everyone showering. Not a good excuse and was not offered any discount. Don't recommend this place and won't stay there again even with a HI gold membership.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tracy S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
We at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate that you took time to comment; we are taking steps to remedy the situation. We invite you to give us another opportunity to wow you, please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.
Thank you again for your comments as it allows us opportunity to improve to ensure each guests' stay meets or exceeds expectations.
edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I own a small company, and have been staying at this hotel with my 8 employees in Red Deer while doing business in the area. I keep coming back because of the professional and caring staff that always make me feel at home. I am always greeted by staff like a good friend and with a big smile. The standards of the hotel are kept to the Holiday Inn standards so you know you will be taken care of during your stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Rick K;

We are thrilled that your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Red Deer exceeded your expectations. We strive every day to ensure that every guests' stay is exceptional. We appreciate you taking your time to comment and we look forward to seeing you again.

Tracy Sutherland - GM
Fort Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I feel that I have spent more time in hotels than in my own bed over the past 35 years of travel and I can honestly say that the staff at this Holiday Inn location are the best and the friendliest that I have come across. Since I started staying here 5 months ago, they recognized and greeted me as a long time guest and friend after only my second visit. When you are away from home so much, it is really nice to be greeted with a welcome home attitude!! They strive to keep my favorite room available and I give them the gears when it is not. All in good fun!!
The rooms are very comfortable and always clean and they never forget to leave a note for priority members. The location is great for dining and despite being on a main avenue, it is very quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs one in Red Deer.

Room Tip: For any smokers, choose a room close to one of the exits
Dear Danielson U;

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your most recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer. Your positive feedback validates our mission to make each guest feel like he or she is coming home when walking through the doors. We try very hard to be that memorable place that keeps people wanting to come back over and over again. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, the staff will definitely hear about this comment.

Tracy Sutherland
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I've stayed at this property a number of times over the last 10 years. The hotel is starting to show it's age a little. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express meal - which I am very happy with. I found the breakfast lady to be on top of her job and you could tell that she like doing what she does. I would stay here again, but it would be nice to see the sparkle the hotel used to have.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ZSHoldings, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Dear wbsCalgary;

We, at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, are very glad you mentioned our “sparkle”. We have just completed updating our pool area with a new deck and refinish on the basin. Our hot tub was updated as well.
We have already begun preparations to upgrade other areas. We hope you will continue to stay with us; we appreciate your comment and your continues patronage. Thank you and see you soon.

Tracy Sutherland