“great service”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Medicine Hat, Canada
“great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby - great restaurant and food. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, but could use some updating.

Not cheap - but average for a good hotel in this city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kraut_chick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've stayed in a number of Red Deer hotels and this has been the best for me. The room I had was clean, quiet and not exceptionally dry, as so many hotels are in the winter. (They do humidify - I asked about it.)

The buffet I've had more than once (and have taken customers there too). It has excellently prepared food and is good value.

I used the hot tub this visit and found it clean and hot - as it should be.

I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vdberg
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I did some work for a client in Red Deer, and they agreed to make hotel reservations for me. I tend to prefer to stay at chains as you know what to expect and are ensured a basic level of service and quality.
I drove up and was a little worried. The hotel is not new, and I was thinking the rooms, bed, furniture, etc would be the same. The front desk staff were friendly, got me checked in and on my way in no time at all. I could not believe the size of the room when I got in there. I had only one bed, and it looked like the room needed another one. There was some furniture in there, but it certainly could have been better furnished (not that my needs that stay needed it).
I was very surprised that the rooms were so well updated. New TVs & furniture, a very comfortable bed. Shower and bathroom were clean and updated. I slept quite well and had no issues at all.
I had colleagues stop by the next morning for a meeting, afterwards they used the restaurant without me there and experienced terrible service. With their comments I would be choosing another of the many restaurants nearby. The hotel is located in a great spot, close to shopping, restaurants, Westerner Grounds, and easy to get in and out of the city with easy access to the QE2 right there.
Would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Strathmore, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We were in Red Deer for a wedding. it's not a very big place but we still managed to have a great time. The hotel is right on the main strip inn Red Deer so you can miss it. There is a great restaurant in the hotel and the pool is well maintained. No big slides but still so much fun. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. The hotel could use some updates but over we had a great time. The staff is also very helpful and friendly. Can't really beat the price either.

• Stayed March 2011
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at th Black Knight Inn for two nights while attending a conference in Red Deer. The hotel was passable - it was clean. But that's about all I can say. Facilities were not oustanding. Hotel rooms were dated. I would pick a newer hotel in Red Deer for probably close to the same rate.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Robyn J
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

We had to stay overnight in Red Deer because of the poor weather conditions on the way to Canmore. After checking out a few hotels in the area, we decided on the Black Knight and were not disappointed. The hotel felt cozy and inviting right from the lobby (I am sure the fact that it was -25 C outside had something to do with that too!). We were greeted by a friendly front desk lady who patiently answered all my questions. The room was large, the bathroom was removated, and we were also pleasantly suprised by a 40" flat screen LG TV. There was a bit of a strange rumbling noise when I turned on water in the shower, and the thermostat did not seem to respond well to my adjustments (the room was actually almost too warm, although it was freezing cold outside).
We also thought the hot buffet dinner at the hotel's restaurant was fine for the price ($18 per adult), with a large variety of salads, two choices of soup, roast beef, chicken and ginger beef with a few sides.
I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

the staff here is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. Food was great. And the pool and hot tub is alot nicer than most hotels. I was however very offended that all the christmas decorations were up before rememberance day. Two words. Tacky, and rude. It is beatifully done but for a nice of a hotel as this one i wonder why most of the decorations are so old like the same ones have been used for 20 years. There is just to many. I really hate saying its ugly cause there was obviously alot of work put into it. But it is ugly. I was also disapointed that there is not any in room movies anymore. I slept on the third floor and i wish i brought a air mattress because i slept on the floor. Which was far more comfy than the so called. I wont stay here again untill either the rates are reduced. Or major renovations are done

• Stayed November 2010