“Great for business meetings”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Knight Inn

Black Knight Inn
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Alberta, Canada
“Great for business meetings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I used this hotel as a venue for business related meetings over two days.
The rooms themselves are average, but as a meeting venue this hotel is great. The staff were exceptionally accommodating and took care of our every need. We had food provided (breakfast, lunch and supper) and it was well prepared, tasty and hot! (the food in the bar/restaurant downstairs is also very good).
We had looked at using other venues, albeit in Banff and Jasper, but this location was much cheaper and they truly delivered on service. I was very impressed and would definitely use this venue again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Respected Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. Red Deer hotels def. are bit cheaper than the hotels in Edmonton, Calgary, Banff and Jasper and we always strive to provide the best service to all our guests.
I am glad that your group were happy with the hotel services and we would def. love to have your group back with us. I would also like to thank you for adding your comments about the food served in our banquets and in our restaurants.
with regards,
CV Sastry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went there last month for a business trip. The hotel is well located. It is convenient - by a mall and several restaurants. Nothing to fancy but well maintained and cleaned. My bed was actually confortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the review of our hotel. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.We look forward to see you back at our hotel and improve our ratings with you on your next stay with us.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stay there when we visit Red Deer because it's one of the nicer hotels. They have a whirlpool tub and swimming facilities. It's clean.

Overall, the hotel is average. Decent, clean, good food, quiet. The bed is comfy.

The buffet is on Sunday, so if you don't have time to stand in line make sure to use room service. It's fast.

One warning... Be careful of the slippery floors by the whirlpool. My wife broke her arm there a few years back when she slipped and fell. The staff member at the front desk at the time was dismissive about it, but the next week a manager contacted us, She sent flowers and gave us a free stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel. As you mentioned, we do have a hot tub and as most places, it does get slippery when wet. We do have signs posted as well to make sure that our guests are also aware of the fact.
I am glad though that we could get your business again at our hotel despite the accident that occurred on your last visit to our hotel. Also, as you mentioned , we do have Sunday Brunch and Lunch buffet throughout the week for which we have won numerous awards in the city. Due to this, our Sunday brunch can get a bit busy though we also take reservations to ensure prompt service to guests who might be in a time crunch. As you said , Room service is also a fast option and I am glad that you mentioned that as well in your review.
Once more thanks for taking time to review our hotel.
CV Sastry
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We came here for a graduation dinner at the Black Knight inn. Though I am from the city, I have not been to this place for a long time. I had heard about their lounge but did not know much about the other parts of the hotel. It is a really beautiful hotel which seems to have got a facelift over the years.
The dinner was great and the staff were very attentive and friendly. I had some special requests for our dinner and they took care of it although we had not informed them earlier. I have been to other hotels/restaurant and the city and I receive a lukewarm response usually when I mention about my allergies request. The black knight inn was a different experience. The Manager not only changed my meal, but he also substituted my salads and dessert to accommodate my request on the short notice. The staff were very humble and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank darryl n
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Respected Mr. Darryl,
Thank you very much for this kind review. We have been renovating our hotel and we are very close to finish all our upgrades to make the stay of all our guests more comfortable ,
We also appreciate your comments on the service you got on your recent visit to our hotel. Reviews such as yours not only motivates us but also gives other guests a insight into our hotel. We really appreciate your kind words and we look forward to take care of you again at our hotel soon.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an older hotel that I haven't stayed at for a number of years. Most of the conferences I go to are in another hotel close by but it was booked solid. The last time I stayed here it was dated, run down and in need of a big refresh. I am happy to report that it has since undergone (and there is still some going on) upgrades and modernization. The rooms were quite appealing and the bed was very comfy. I also got a meal coupon for $25 so that is better than the breakfast buffets you get at the newer self serve hotels. Really wanted to try the pool as it is in a separate building and is quite big.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travellfar
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you appreciated the changes we have made since your last visit to our hotel. As you mentioned, we are one of the oldest hotel in Red Deer and have been serving in Red Deer for over 35 years. With our makeover, we have received a lot of positive feedbacks from all our guests including from you, and we are pleased that our efforts are being noticed.
As you mentioned, we do not want to limit our guest just to complimentary Breakfast as most hotel do and we wanted to offer them $ 25 credit towards the Food and beverage ( it can be a lunch, dinner or a few drinks ). Ultimately our goal is to take care of our guests and their needs and we are glad that we could do so on your recent visit to our hotel.
Once again, thanks for your positive review.
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have been coming to Red Deer for an annual conference for the last 19 years, and will continue into the future. In the early years, it seemed the breakfast room was full of conference attendees. Over the years as the hotel aged and new hotels went up the crowd diminished. This was one of my first years back to Black Knight Inn and I was impressed with the updating and renovations. Having a mini-fridge is a wonderful convenience. The rooms are clean and updated and the bed extremely comfortable. The parking is convenient and the staff are excellent.
My colleague and I opted both days for the hot breakfast buffet for speed and convenience, and the selection of fresh squeezed orange juice, bacon & eggs, and abundance of fresh fruit was wonderful. However, the price was outlandish and the reason other conference attendees do not frequent Black Knight Inn as readily as before. Other hotels in town offer a hot breakfast buffet with the cost of the room. Perhaps a group discount in the restaurant would cause me and other attendees to consider coming back annually. This is the only drawback in an otherwise, wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DCanadian
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your positive review of our hotel. As you mentioned , we have done many upgrades to our rooms and our hotel to better suit our guest's need. Also, you mentioned about the breakfast being included in the hotel rooms itself.
For all our guest's who pay our regular guest's rate ( including the corporate rates ), we actually also provide a $25 Food & Beverage credit which can be applied towards your meal or beverages and which we found is more beneficial to the guest than just a breakfast coupon. Now, if the guest's room rate is already discounted though through their booking agents or third party reservation company, we are not able to provide the credit in that case, since we apply part of the discount directly to the room rates then.
On your next visit to Red Deer, please do give us another chance by booking directly to us and you will get a preferred rate apart from getting the $ 25 credit. Once more, thanks for your kind review and we look forward to take care of you again at our hotel.
Regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

On our recent meeting at Black Knight Inn I was highly impressed with the excellent service provided. There was a power surge during the meeting and the immediate quick response of the staff was lighting up the conference room with candles. The Manager in particular was very professional in handling the situation and also offered to serve lunch ahead of time to save the our time during the outage in order to cover up for the meeting time later.

On my previous visit I had a bad experience whereby it was handled poorly and the other Manager was being rude and yelling at his staff. I had spoken to the catering team about the incident and this time I have clearly seen the difference.

A vast change was noticed this time with a positive attention to our expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 162Mathew
CV_SASTRY, Manager at Black Knight Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Respected Mr. Mathew,
Thank you for this review. We do take feedbacks from our guests seriously and try our best to resolve any concerns that they may have encountered on their visit to our hotel. I am glad that you had a very good experience in spite of the power outage we had in Red Deer that particular day.
Our Manager's and staff do try their best to provide the best service to all our guest's and if we do encounter any issues in providing smooth service , to provide the best possible solutions to our guests.
Your feedback is definitively positive and motivates us to keep providing our best service to all our guests. Once again, thank you for your kind review of our hotel.
with regards,