“Good Place”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Toronto
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

First time to Red Deer, stayed at the hotel for just under three weeks with a group of co-workers in August - September. This place is not bad, I really liked the choice of things to do onsite...if your in town for work...there is really very little need to leave the Hotel. Granted it's quite a large hotel, so you would expect a lot of options to begin with.

Western Bar...Personally, im not really a "western" sort...but definitely an appropriate theme for Red Deer...the place was a lot of fun to let loose on the weekend. Very lively crowd!!! The Red Deer folk clearly like to have a good time.

The lounge I found more suitable as a weekday evening spot...more tame and more suitable when you have to work the next morning.

The main restaurant, food was good...recommend their chicken caesar...yes a simple dish likely found about anywhere...but whatever they do to theirs...it's got my vote. It's but a busy little spot, not the quickest service at breakfast time...but not slow either...id say adequate. I didn't check out the Casino or the Gym so cant really comment on those.

A unique thing that I liked was that in lieu of opting out of having my room service daily...they give you a $5 voucher..I thought that was kinda cool. I've stayed at many of hotels and plenty give you the option of refusing daily cleaning service...but this place actually gave me something back for making an eco-friendly choice...I wish more places did that. Oh almost forgot...the beds: WOW! Super comfy...I mean absurdly so...slept like a baby every night.

Room Tip: Chicken Caesar...Give it an A+. A room facing away from the road and front Lot (I had one...but...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Red Deer! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities we have to offer. We are also very happy that you both choose to use, and were happy with our make a green choice option.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
albera
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Front desk people either don't care or are poorly trained.Given room keys to an occupied room very awkward. No so sorrys from front desk just here try these keys they are for next door. Okay about 11:30 pm so noisy loud music people etc called to front desk to be informed oh your next door to the bar did they not ask if that was okay when you checked in. We were also told should quiet down after two. Not great conference all the next day no sleep. They did move us about 11 am the next day. Did give us some points for a free stay at a Sheraton of our choice but nothing off this terrible stay. Restaurant staff unable to answer questions about the menu we were told that certain items would be on menu and they were not. Very frustrating two days.

Room Tip: Ask where your room is located in the hotel
1 Thank peachy91
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms and our Outlets Manager so that they can discuss your specific concerns with the associates in those areas. There is a superior level of service that is expected of us from our guests and I'm truly sorry that this was not the experience that you received during your stay. If there is anything that I can do for you at this time, please do contact me at sales@sheratonreddeer.com so that I can appropriately address the concerns that you had.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our Association held a three conference and I must say the accommodations were excellent. This location is convenient being on a major route in the city and is easily accessible. Staff was warm and friendly at the same time very professional. Also I must add they were very accommodating. The room I stayed in was on the seventh floor and this is where my only gripe is...I wanted to soak in a warm bath on Saturday afternoon, but the hot water came out only lukewarm, in the evening there was a lot of music and noise from one of the floors below me. Also, there is no indoor pool only an outdoor one, which was closed since it is October. Other than that really good food! professional staff and treatment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is truly appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sheraton Red Deer. Our deepest apologies that you were unable to enjoy a hot bath, but want to thank you for brining this issue to our attention. This information has been communicated with our maintenance team so that the issue may be addressed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

It's an easy place to stay with rooms that are nice and clean with all the things you need to do your work. Being part of the Starwood Program, they provided me with a room that was geared for members.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you are looking for things to do near to our hotel in the future, we do have quite a few restaurants and convenience stores nearby and Bower Mall is just a 2 minute drive away. There are trails from the hotel that connect to all of Red Deer with great green spaces and parks. Thank you for your comments.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I attended a conference at the Sheraton Red Deer in Sept and it was an amazing experience. The beds are soooo comfortable. Rooms look great and are very clean. Check in was easy which is not always the case.
The lounge service and food were very good. I was absolutely impressed by the quality of food served at the conference. Not your ordinary chicken and mashed potatos! I didn't get a chance to use any of the other facilities but would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in Red Deer for one night or a week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
What a pleasure for us to read your review. Thank you so much for your comments. We are very lucky to have an award winning chef, James Olberg who is providing such excellent food for our guests in our banquet rooms and our restaurants and lounges. Thank you for staying with us while you were in Red Deer.
Vegreville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The front desk staff were friendly, informative and made us feel welcome!
The lounge staff were friendly, professional and a great sence of humour!
Thank you for a warm visit.
The cleaning staff do a great job of keeping the rooms clean and inviting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Our associates take alot of pride in making your stay enjoyable so your acknowledgement of this is very rewarding for all of us. We truly appreciate it.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spent the weekend there for a convention. We didn't partake of many of the hotel's amenities so I cannot comment on most of them The hotel staff was friendly and more than willing to help where they could. The rooms were clean and rectally renovated. The beds were very comfortable and we all had great sleeps. The only issue we had was the room door did not close properly on it's own. We had to make sure we snicked the door closed when we left the room. Not a big complaint really.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate the information regarding the door to your room. You may have informed someone during the time you were here but if not, if possible, can you email me at sales@sheratonreddeer.com and let me know which room you were in so that I can have our maintenance team ensure that this is fixed? Thank you for letting us know.