“Great staff & convention centre”

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff at the Sheraton Red Deer were absolutely accommodating during our recent convention. The convention venues for our 350 people were great - set up on time, all the amenities were there and everything worked. Meals in the restaurant(s) were timely, delicious and affordable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Devon S, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you Ego 10 for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel with your convention. We are very proud of our convention services and amenities that tailor the needs of everything from small gathering to large events like yours.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a conference for a few days. It is a clean hotel with good amenities. The staff are professional, efficient with great customer service skills. Our room was average with great bedding. Our only complaint would be the noisy air conditioning.The meals at the conference were excellent and the overall conference experience was superb.

There is a mall within walking distance from the hotel. In addition, there are a number of restaurants that are within walking distance. We would recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Red Deer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel Karenann_Edmonton. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services and location convenient for your purposes.
I will be sure to inform our maintenance staff of your AC comments, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is OLD and not nearly worthy of the Sheraton brand - very, very disappointed! The lobby has been nicely renovated & the rooms have been covered with a light coat of "lipstick" - which is a poor substitute for good construction.

Most (better) hotels have decent sound-rating between walls and floor-ceiling assemblies. This hotel does NOT - so my son & I were awakened at 1:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m. and then again at 6:00 a.m. - all from various noises that were outside, above & below our room......which we were charged $260.00 for !!!!! Note: this was a single king bed room, so it was way, way too basic for that kind of rate - and we stayed for two nights. Shame on me, I guess.

Room Tip: .....select another hotel. Yes, I'm very serious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello tjames274,
I am so sorry to hear that you feel your stay with us was not up to our usual Sheraton standards. We strive to exceed our guests expectations, but clearly this was not your experience. I apologize for the noise levels during your stay and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to connect with me personally.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights........Room? Very nice Bed....King was comfortable....bathroom very clean and rest of room - generally excellent. However , bathroom fan motor was toast ( broken). Sounded like an old garberator trying to chew up a cow's hip-bone.....very loud and annoying.
Overall room was very good for the price.
Liked having real glasses in the room for wine and a whiskey instead of flimsy plastic - so Thanks.

Looked like I might give the Sheraton 5 stars ignoring the broken bathroom fan but for one small irritant that really ticked my wife and me off !! At breakfast the next morning - at "Barbero's" .....we had one order of Eggs Bennie....and shared it as it's too much food for breakfast when sitting in the car all day.
The waitress brought the Eggs as ordered and on 2 seperate plates - typical procedure in any restaurant. We enjoyed them.....but when the bill arrived, we noticed they charged us $2.50 for sharing the order??!!! Really?!! This nickel/dime money grab is what customers really hate.

What is the $2.50 for? washing an extra plate?! having the "chef" move one egg onto another plate? having the waitress have to carry an extra plate back to the kitchen??!!
So Silly !! and just a little poke in the wallet and enough to turn off customers from coming back....and for what.....and extra $2.50 that will save "Sheraton" from going belly-up? Crashing into bankruptcy? Some goof in corporate HQ should recognize this petty money grab needs to be axed.....get rid of this silly charge......and it just turns customers totally off their stay.

My wife and I often share Eggs Bennie and share the one order. I have never been charged for sharing an order of food. The waitress did not inform of us of this small charge but it appeared on the bill.
I believe it's the small things like this that really make the difference between good hotels and ones that disappoint and don't follow thru with excellent customer service ( as they advertise ).

If we were told about the "Splitting charge" ...we would have ordered differently.

Again....we liked the hotel room and staff except for this silly split order charge......
Remember....there's a lot of competition out there for hotel rooms and restaurants.....and my wife and I will remember this and tell others. Nickel-Dimed! Shame on you Sheraton.

If the restaurant is not part of your Hotel/Corporate business , then you need to know what your partners are doing for your reputation.

Room Tip: There is currently construction on the west side- look for large crane. ( June/14). You might want t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello glen r,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and I will be sure to notify the maintenance crew regarding the fan issue.
I sincerely apologize for the bill charges in Barbero's. I have contacted our Director of Operations regarding this issue and he has informed me that he will be following up on this matter immediately.
I assure you it is not our intentions to "nickel and dime" our guests, and if there is anything I can do to improve your next stay with us, please feel free to connect with me personally.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here in April of this year for a convention. The room was on the ground floor in the older part of the hotel. It was very small with no place to put anything including in the bathroom. My other concern was it was a pet friendly room and I have allergies! I asked to be moved but they were booked they claimed and the only suggestion was a hotel down the road. I found out later that our son booked a room a few hours later on the internet and got a lovely room with no trouble. As far as cleanliness it was very clean and the hotel has everything you need for a weekend. The pool is outdoors so was not open at the time.

Room Tip: ask to be placed in the tower. the rooms are larger and newer
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sunshine,
I am happy to hear that you found the rooms very clean and the hotel amenities were everything you needed for your weekend stay.
My apologies that your room was not adequate for your needs at the time. I will be sure to bring this issue to the attention of our room director as to the mix up with notifiying you that there were no other rooms available during your stay.
If there is anything I can do to help your next stay with us to be better suited to your needs, please do not hesitate to connect with me.
Thank you, and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights on business this month. Was upgraded to a suite with my platinum status, very nice! The staff could not do enough to ensure my stay was excellent, from the follow up calls, to the complimentary "mousse" that was delivered. Everything was great!

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you D C for your review, we appreciate your loyalty to Sheraton through the SPG program. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the mousse!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Attended a convention for two nights. The room was fine, a little warm, and turned down the air conditioning but never really cooled off. I really don't like feather pillows and am always able to get a foam pillow at hotels. When I asked at the front desk I was told that they do not carry or have foam pillows - I have never heard that before. I also arrived on a Sunday night and just wanted a quick drink and some bar food - they lobby bar is closed on Sunday. ON Monday morning I needed a latte prior to the meetings but their deli/coffee shop is not open on Mondays? Who does that? If you want to be a class hotel, you open all your amenities every day. Like I read previously, I expect more from a Sheraton. Nothing bad, just not up to the standard I would expect from a hotel that charges five star quality.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Devon S, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you ScotAlberta for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback on our hotel.
I am glad you had a pleasant stay, although I'm sorry to hear our facilities did not meet your expectations. Our Sheraton Signature Sweet Sleeper bed does come standard with 2 feather, and 2 synthetic pillows, unfortunately we do not provide foam pillows. We would be more than happy to provide all synthetic pillows for your comfort for future reference.
I apologize that some of our outlets were not available when you needed them. Due to renovations, our deli's hours have changed, but Barbero's restaurant is open weekdays by 6:30 am, and 7:00 am on weekends and will gladly accomodate you.
We appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton Hotel and we hope that you will visit us again. If there is anything I can assist with further, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Thank you.