“Wouldn't be in my top 10”

Quality Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
“Wouldn't be in my top 10”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The lady at the front counter wasn't helpful or cared about much. Glued to her phone. The room gives the impression of dingy, the heater kicks on but no warm air. And to top it off, the room smells awful. Wouldn't choose this place for a couple or family.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Melissa H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Booked in here for 4 nights, left after 1. Rooms are worn out and generally dingy. Wifi doesn't work. They offered us to attend "corporate night" at the attached sports bar. Corporate night means 2 beer tickets and free buffet style chicken wings,,, didn't get the corporate connection. Hotel is full of blue collar workers so it was big competition for the wings,,,,, the entire property needs a match and a jug of gasoline. The only good thing is the fancy exterior sign,, they spent $ there but nowhere else,,,,

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruffers
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have given this hotel a good review previously when I first started staying here but now i take it back. The only thing good about this hotel is the front desk staff. They are fantastic people, very helpful and friendly, service with a smile. The hotel however, is very seriously lacking in very many aspects... The internet is atrocious,no cat5 link only wireless and it is horrible at the best of times. lack of gym facilities,inadequate laundry facilities(1 washer and dryer for 100+ rooms) There are no windows that can be opened, poor A/C. Very,uncomfortable beds,The cleanliness of the rooms are very questionable, cover sheets are never washed(I know this for a fact as I have marked them with the dates of my stays with washable ink in places and the marks are still there week after week when I get the same room again), floors are filthy(walk around with white socks and you will see or pull back a dresser or bed) At this moment I have no choice but to stay here as the company I work for books us here. I have been staying here since September 2011 so I know what I am talking about. I have much more to say about this hotel but I think this is enough for now. All in all if i had a choice of where I stay, I definitely would not chose the (lack of) Quality inn North Hill.

Room Tip: Couple of hookers live on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vic g
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Over the last few months, my husband and I have had to stay in Red Deer - due to ill family members.
We have stayed in several different rooms that are always spotless, the beds are all very comfortable.
Staff at front desk are always very helpful, and they recognize us when we arrive. The front area is spotless. The cleaning staff are friendly.
The morning staff in restaurant are very fast, efficient and very friendly. The buffet breakfast is excellent.
I know we will be back again.
Pat

Room Tip: have not used fitness centre/spa/pool only eat breakfast there
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckmdw
Calgary
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for two nights while visiting family. I must say the renovations are excellent with comfortable beds, large room and everything super appealing from the friendly staff to the carpets. We did not try the in house restaurant but it would have been nice to have a microwave in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed there on Friday - Feb. 17th/'11. The place was of very poor quality. The front desk staff member was very crabby on check-in. The pool was extremely cold and the overall state was poor at best. The beds sagged and rooms were nothing to write home about. The worst part was the AM continental breakfast. There was basically no food, you were only allowed one glass of juice with the breakfast and that took 12 min. to come to the table. I've read several of the other posts here and I'm not sure if the place is under new management or they just got a new extremely poor manager but regardless I would rather sleep on the back seat of my truck before spending another night there. I should note I typically stay in motel 6 quality places so I don't have huge expectations but this place REALLY was bad!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go some where else ... anywhere but this place.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bisonhunter
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Im from London,Ont moved out west with my wife to pursue a career in the oil fields.I was to stay at the Quality Inn,I was greeted at the front desk with respect and the Hospitality was welcoming.I had stayed 2 weeks in the Quality Inn at the time my wife had left to fly back to London,Ont,relized that I misplaced my debit,and master card in her luggage.I was to use either card to pay for a cab to the Holiday Inn to catch the red arrow shuttle bus to take me to calgary for my flieght back home,I had no way of paying for my ride to the Holiday Inn.Christine had seen that I was in panic and offered to drive me to Holiday Inn after her shift ended, she was very helpful and understanding,we need more people like christine in this world to make a better place for all.I give my all do respect to the Quality Inn and for Christine for helping me in desperate times.Thank you sincerly: Eddy Van Damme.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business