“home away from home”

Quality Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed 24 June 2013

i stay here 22 day at a time its like home away from home staff is very nice and make your stay great the front desk girl lyndsay is great at her job and makes are stay the best great location and restaurants at hotel makes it nice for any dinning occasion

Room Tip: just ask the staff they find the perfect room for you
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here in may-june, had no hot water for 2 full days. The problem was the fault of management, but the frontdesk staff were very good especially Joanna. She took the brunt of the complaints all night and tried to do the best she could.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The owner of this hotel should really be ashamed of his self and how he treats his guest especially for the amount of money you pay to stay here i paid 155.00 per night for 10 days straight im not from alberta and i had no where to go last minute when going to extend my stay the manager called me into his office asking me a bunch of personal questions about my life that would never concern him .! in my eyes he had no right to ask me anything as long as im abiding by hotel rules and making sure my rooms paid on time i replied to him why are you asking me these questions is there a problem would you like me to leave? . He replies yes i do want you to leave! and i replied "Really why is that?" and he says to me "because im the manager !!" what type of excuse is that especially when i am paying 155.00 a night that is ridicules.! I know it was him judging me as a young woman and maby because i am asain & african canadian and i was staying with my boyfriend who was also african canadian .! i do not understand why we were treated like this because we did not cause any type of disturbance and we definitely did not break any hotel rules or regulations ! im still curious why i was asked to leave?? I will never stay here or recommend this hotel to any one travelling from outside of province or who will need to stay for a long period of time!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tia-Maria C
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We were very pleased with our booking here in RedDeer, Alberta. The Hotel was very conveniently located on Gaetz Ave, the main drag, near the type of shopping you need when you're on the road.There is lots of free parking available. Our rate was competive. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, including the staff at the attached restaurant where we enjoyed complimentary breakfast and a tasty dinner featuring Alberta beef. The pool and hot tub were available for our free use. Our spacious room had a microwave and fridge as well as a comfy bed, sofa, dinette table, desk -literally everything you'd need. I personally appreciated the copy of Our Daily Bread in the bedside table.

Room Tip: We booked a King non smoking that was on the third floor and it was perfect for us. There is an elev...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The lady at the front counter wasn't helpful or cared about much. Glued to her phone. The room gives the impression of dingy, the heater kicks on but no warm air. And to top it off, the room smells awful. Wouldn't choose this place for a couple or family.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Booked in here for 4 nights, left after 1. Rooms are worn out and generally dingy. Wifi doesn't work. They offered us to attend "corporate night" at the attached sports bar. Corporate night means 2 beer tickets and free buffet style chicken wings,,, didn't get the corporate connection. Hotel is full of blue collar workers so it was big competition for the wings,,,,, the entire property needs a match and a jug of gasoline. The only good thing is the fancy exterior sign,, they spent $ there but nowhere else,,,,

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruffers
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have given this hotel a good review previously when I first started staying here but now i take it back. The only thing good about this hotel is the front desk staff. They are fantastic people, very helpful and friendly, service with a smile. The hotel however, is very seriously lacking in very many aspects... The internet is atrocious,no cat5 link only wireless and it is horrible at the best of times. lack of gym facilities,inadequate laundry facilities(1 washer and dryer for 100+ rooms) There are no windows that can be opened, poor A/C. Very,uncomfortable beds,The cleanliness of the rooms are very questionable, cover sheets are never washed(I know this for a fact as I have marked them with the dates of my stays with washable ink in places and the marks are still there week after week when I get the same room again), floors are filthy(walk around with white socks and you will see or pull back a dresser or bed) At this moment I have no choice but to stay here as the company I work for books us here. I have been staying here since September 2011 so I know what I am talking about. I have much more to say about this hotel but I think this is enough for now. All in all if i had a choice of where I stay, I definitely would not chose the (lack of) Quality inn North Hill.

Room Tip: Couple of hookers live on the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business