Radisson Hotel Red Deer
US$122
Travelocity
US$103
US$100
Black Knight Inn(Red Deer)
US$138
US$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desksteam roombusiness meetingrecommend this hotelcomplimentary breakfastmeeting roombreakfast roomamazing servicea great stayhot tubclean roomsking bedcleaning staffwilsonloungegymserver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Our volleyball team spent two nights at the iHotel and the whole group agreed it was a great choice offering great value. Rooms were very clean. Property seems to have been upgraded since it was a Holiday Inn. Great value for the dollar. But the best part of this property is the staff. At a time when hospitality in Canada is anything but hospitable, the staff at iHotel were terrific. Reservations were easy. Staff had great reccos/suggestions for us. They even had a toothbrush for my forgetful 14yr old son. Loved the G&Mail daily throughout the property.
A couple of comments: It'd be nice if the workout room opened before 10am and stayed open later than 430 on a Sat. The rooms could use more dishes, cutlery. Finally the name: iHotel is a little trite. I'd have hoped for something more original and distinctive… just saying.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to a northerly access of the QE2 highway to Edm. The north facing rooms are quiet but the views are of a truck servicing company - not great. An upgrade is not expensive at this property and worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing iHotel and for your great comments about our hotel.

We have staff from every corner of the world and the “i” stands for international and independent. The other name that we were considering at the time was Epic Hotel because of our devotion to customer service. All the staff voted for iHotel because it was simple.

My apologies about the delay in the workout room opening on Saturday. It should have been open at 830am on Saturday and Sunday. The opening receptionist was delayed.

I hope that it was a successful tournament and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel is top notch for Red Deer, Alberta. From the moment I walked in to the hotel, I was upset, grouchy and exhausted. I was going through a rough time with my spouse and needed a place to stay for a couple days. The front desk girl Brittney Deck was so understanding and accommodating with sympathy. She made my stay a winner and I will likely refer this hotel to friends and family out of town, or in town needing a break as I did.
The room was very clean. I love that there is a Gym, Restaurant, Pub and Spa. This hotel gave me quiet time and time to reflect on my personal life. Anything I needed Brittney helped me out. She did seem quite young, but very pleasant and polite.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and recommendation and in recognizing one of our passionate team members. I will personally thank Brittney.

Thank you again and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My stay started a little rough when I arrived and they had no record of my pre-paid reservation through Expedia. After about 10 minutes though someone finally found it in a back room. They gave me a free room upgrade. From that point on the stay was excellent. The room was clean, spacious and modern. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The complimentary bottle of water and little chocolate bar were a nice touch. The internet was fast and reliable. There was a nice selection for a free continental breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the delay in your check in. Sometimes reservations from other parties are delayed in reaching us. It is something that is going to improve.

I am humbled by the rest of your feedback about your stay with us. Our recent renovation we upgraded the whole hotel and now our hotel includes the latest in technology and rooms and we are getting rave reviews.

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I invite you to please stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here one night and was impressed with the lobby area. Very clean and modern and check in was very quick. Staff are friendly.

There are 2 elevators with music for your enjoyment. Once off the elevator, it was cool. My room wasn't far from the elevators but far enough to not hear all the noise.

I opened the door and went in and pressed the light switch. Darkness. Pressed it again, still dark. So I went searching for lights and found the lamp on night table and hurray I could see! I searched for more lights and found a few others. The room itself was decent. There was a king bed, seating area, and great space for luggage. The coffee pot area was by the coat hangers before you enter the washroom.

The next morning when I woke up I heard the sound of running water. But it was for a short period, like someone was taking a tinkle. Not sure if that was what it was as I didn't hear a toilet flush! The things I didn't like was that the bathroom fan was very loud, and too dark by the room door.

The next morning I went to the breakfast room (included in room price), and there was a variety of hot/cold beverages, cereal, toast, what looked like day old baked goods, boiled eggs, and cinnamon rolls covered in a round steel container. They looked decent and I when I bit it, I thought it would be warm but it was cold! Good to see there were apples and oranges, but I would have preferred fruit salad and bananas. The seating isn't very large either. If you don't like it, there's also a restaurant on site that offers breakfast.

Decent hotel but not the best I've stayed at for the rate they charged.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for y our feedback of our hotel. I apologize that you were not sastified with your stay. We try to maintain a consistently high level of service & experience.

The ceiling & floors are made from 8 inches solid concrete, the dividing walls are 4 inches solid concrete and solid core doors throughout. Most likely the noise was from within the room and what sounds to me to be a compressor from the mini fridge or from a drain line from our heating unit.

Our baked goods are made fresh in our kitchen every 2 days. I will take a look at the baked goods but would like to invite any other suggestions on improvements to my email address at amin@ih67.com.

Thank you again for your suggestions and comments and again please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

i-Hotel is our host hotel; it was great to have the championship banquet in the same hotel where all the teams were staying - especially in the current cold snap! The Winspear room was perfect for both occasions. Alice (Catering & Sales manager) was wonderful to work with, as was Harold Allbrecht (AV). The food was spectacular and there was plenty of it! The room looked great, and the service was friendly, efficient and professional. We are very glad we chose to hold our championship banquets at the i-Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and in recognizing our fantastic team members.

Our hotel is unique that it can hold up to 20,000 square feet of event space for these special occasions and accommodate groups of over 100 people at a time and we try our best to ensure that all our guests receive a consistent level of service.

Alice An in our Sales & Catering as well as Harold Allbrecht from our Audio Visual department will be recognized for their exceptional service and creating a memorable experience.

Thank you again for your warm feedback and recommendation.