“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Lashburn, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was our last night of a motorcycle trip. I was rather surprised! I have had not-so-great experiences at other Holiday Inns in the past.. But at this Holiday Inn, the front desk staff was very friendly and the hotel was beautiful! The pool and hot tub were very clean, the room was beautifully decorated with a large bathroom, bedroom and kitchenette and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel had great food and made a VERY delicious Caesar! :-) (try the mac and cheese too... its almost to DIE for!!) This was a very worthwhile stop on our trip and were glad we stopped! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alana S
Suranga K, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Alana S.

Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure all our guests are happy and looked after when they are here with us always. Our brand-new hotel is very famous in Red Deer due to our Award Winning Chef David Emmanuel. He is Canada Award Winning Chef who served to Her Excellency Queen Elizabeth several times. I'm glad that you love our food. I will makes you to share your experience with our kitchen team members

Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I don't travel very much and am very picky about hotels that I stay in.
I stayed here with my daughters in the spring when I went to a conference at the Westerner.
We loved it and had such a great time. The pool was great and supper at the restaurant was so good. I liked it so much that my husband and I came out to stay here in August.
I will find things to do in Red Deer....just to have an excuse to stay here.
The chef was awesome. He came out to chat with us at supper time and again at breakfast.
We loved the king suite with the jacuzzi tub and fireplace.
Staff was very friendly. Thanks Keerthi Suranga, guest services manager for the recommendations for our next stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ivy V,

Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure all our guests are happy and looked after when they are here with us always. Our brand-new hotel is very famous in Red Deer due to our Award Winning Chef David Emmanuel. He is Canada Award Winning Chef who served to Her Excellency Queen Elizabeth several times. Food over here amazing as usual. I glad our team took care about you and your family when you were here.I will share this experience with my rest of the team members. It's being pleasure to serve you and recommend you the property again and again.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel has great staff! I work in the government and liaised with a number of awesome people at the Red Deer location. I've heard really good things from other people as well. Red Deer has awesome amenities that make this place both a great stopover location and place to vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Matt P.

Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure all our guests are happy and looked after when they are here with us always. I'm glad that you love our brand-new hotel and love staying with us. I will definitely share your review with my team to make them understand what a excellent job they do to keep our customers happy and get them back here again

Drayton Valley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed two nights, 3 days here and I was so surprised by this hotel. The rooms, common areas were so clean, and our room was fabulous. We were here for a very large wedding (300) and the staff, especially SANJAY were so helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure all our guests are happy and looked after when they are here with us always. All our team members enjoyed serving them during their wedding and assist them when they need help. Sanjay is one of my team member my owner bought from one of the 7* hotel back in Dubai. I get lots of positive feedback about his excellent service to all our customers. I definitely share this with Sanjay

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We checked in to this hotel because it was the closest hotel to a family event we were attending. It was such a nice hotel. It felt like a huge step up from your typical Holiday Inn and Suites. The rooms were very modern and comfortable. We were very impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South and I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed our brand-new facilities and had awesome experience. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure all our guests are happy and looked after when they are here with us always.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here twice on business recently and can say I was honestly impressed with the meeting facilities and the guest rooms. Seem much nicer than your typical Holiday Inn. Beds were very comfortable with nice crisp sheets, nice bathrooms, shower had good water pressure. Clean and modern facilities. Only one request - vanity mirrors would be a nice touch - otherwise had everything you could want including a Kuerig coffee maker in room. The hotel was full both times, but the soudproofing is very good as I didn't hear any hallway or next door noise.

Nice fitness facility and pool area though could use a few more machines in the fitness room - a bit small.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I will definitely make sure to pass alone the feedback you provided us regards to additional amenities in the hotel to my management team. Also I will make sure to share this review with our rest of the team members to show what a great job they do to make our customers happy
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Best Hotel ever.The is the best Holiday Inn I've stayed in! Internet was fast and easy to use, restaurant is remarkably good and kids liked the pool. This didn't seem like a Holiday Inn, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Suranga K, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear 465Ray1234,

Thank you very much for your review about Holiday Inn & Suites Red Deer South. Being part of Intercontinental Hotels group, we want to make sure our entire guest experience the core value of "Great Hotels Guest Loves"
I will make sure to share this review with our rest of the team members show what a great job they do to make our customers happy