“Accomodating & Clean”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a five night stay that resulted in a raving review for Holiday Inns & Suites! Our room was part of a group booking. Very fair group rates were negotiated that included a nutritious breakfast prepared especially for our group each morning. We had requested early check-in and when we arrived our room was not ready and wouldn't be ready by the time we had agreed on. They knew i was starting to panic so they came up with a solution that worked for us all. I was most grateful! The rooms were good size, nice and clean as was the pool. The machines in the fitness room, all good quality and looks into pool area so you can work out and watch kids at same time. The restaurant's menu had a great variety for adults and children and the food was delicious. Our servers were accommodating and noted the included gratuity for parties over a certain size, something I truly appreciate. Check out was quick and easy and they weren't pushing us out the door to get housekeeping in. All in all a great stay. Will definitely go back next year for the same event.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side seem to be quieter; less highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear CalgaryCathie,
Thank you so much for such a positive review! I am so glad that we were able to help you out quickly and accordingly. It is great your family was able to utilize and enjoy most of the amenities we have here at the Holiday Inn Red Deer South. I will make sure to pass your comments on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a very nice place to stay however I totally disagree with instilling a 3 day minimum stay rule for the Ag Show PLUS over doubling the price during that time period. Leaves a bit of a sour taste!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Linda S

Dear Linda S,
Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure this information gets passed on to my sales team.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've now stayed in this Holiday Inn twice. Each experience was similar. Overall, the hotel is very nice. It's pretty much brand new so the accommodations are what one expects in a new hotel. The location is convenient in terms of being just off of Highway 2. Unfortunately, in Red Deer this also means that you are in need of your car to get to any shopping or restaurant destinations. There is nothing within walking distance if you are looking for an alternative place to eat or need to shop or pick up those things you may have forgotten.

Having said that, the restaurant in the hotel truly goes out of its way to provide exceptional service. The food during both my visits was typical hotel fare but the service truly shone. And while one would expect since you are in a hotel, that the clientele would not be the local folk….however during this visit some of the clientele in the restaurant were locals...which to me is a statement that the service and offering here is worthy of them supporting.

My recommendation is that for an overnight stay in Red Deer, this location is great. If you are staying more than one night and don't mind driving to shopping or other eating locations....it is also great. But if you like to get out and walk to restaurants, shopping or just to clear your head after a day of travel, this location does not offer that convenience.

1  Thank marathonguy
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear marathonguy,
I will for sure agree in saying that the Boulevard Restaurant does an exceptional job! It is unfortunate that we are a little out of towns but our team is always willing to help call a cab or show bus routes throughout the city. Thank you for your recommendation on our hotel. I will pass this on to our team.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It's always a pleasure staying at this Holiday Inn location as their staff are very professional and so eager to welcome you to their hotel. From the minute that they greet you at check in till the time you depart, all your needs are seamless to handle and fulfilled to the 9th degree. Rooms are always impeccably clean and so warm and comforting to stay in. The "Boulevard" restaurant offers very fine dining and service with any choice of selection, especially the "salmon" which is my #1 choice when I stay at this hotel...unbelievably the best that I have ever tasted!! "Five Star" rating on all occasions and is the hotel of my choice whenever I stay in Red Deer!!! Bobby D.

Dear KelsoD,
I am happy that you always feel so welcomed to our hotel when staying here. We know we must be doing something right! We are very lucky to have Chef Emmanuel and his team in our Boulevard Restaurant, they are such a talented group. I will pass your comments on.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After four nights at the Holiday Inn I could not be more impressed. I held several meetings in the dining room at breakfast and lunch and could not have been accommodated better. The food choices, preparation and service were all first class. My room was spotless and very well equipped for comfort and work. The location was great for my purposes - very close to Westerner Park. Throughout the hotel the staff were warm and welcoming, cheerful, smiling and eager to ensure my stay was the best they could make it. Thank you all.

Dear IslandFling,
Thank you so much for you review! I am glad that our team was able to accommodate all of your needs no matter what the circumstances were. We are so proud to have the team we have here. I will pass this on to them.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have been utilizing this hotel since it opened in Red Deer. The rooms are very clean, large, beautiful and quiet. The food is as Amazing as Chef David is. Wine selection is great.The owners are so personable, staff friendly and always helpful. Our Christmas party was held there and it was awesome. We lunch there at least once a week and most of our out of Country personal are booked there for their stay. We have special request from the owners of our company to book them into the Holiday Inn South when they visit Red Deer.

Dear Amanda G,
Thank you so much or your great words about our property! It is great to hear that your company right to our owners enjoys their time spent here, no matter what the occasion is! It is always our pleasure to ensure your stays are always comfortable. I will pass this on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Manager of a hockey team - I have to say this was the best experience I have had dealing with and staying in a hotel. Minette and staff were amazing. The property was clean and wonderful. The hotel welcomed our team (and 7 others) making our stay delightful!! The private buffet breakfast was the icing on the cake! Would defiantly stay here again, as a team and with my family!! Thanks so much Minette and staff!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Keri H,
Thank you for your review! We are very proud to have Minette as a part of our team! We all work very hard to make sure each and every guest has a 5 star experience and I am so glad that you did! Our hard work is all worth it in the end! I will pass this on to the rest of my team.