“Great business trip and meeting”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As soon as I arrived, the staff was welcoming and wanted me to know my training meetings for the next three days were going to be well serviced. When we checked out the meeting room, we asked for a small rearrangement of the tables and chairs and the staff quickly made the change. We anticipated about 25 attendees per day to our training seminars.

During all three days, the staff checked on the food and beverages to ensure everything was to our expectations. I really have to say the chef made some really great lunches for our group, something different and delicious each day. We were very pleased with the attention to detail given our group.

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn and my guest room was very nice, with great care taken by housekeeping each day. When I come back to Red Deer, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Roger Y,
Thank you for your review! I am glad our team took care of yours so well! I know our sales and catering as well as our banquet team always ensures every need of our guests are met. I will make sure to pass your comments on to them.
Also, thank you for your compliments on your guest room. I look forward to having you come back again in the future. Next time you will have to try the great food in our Boulevard Restaurant by the same chefs that made your banquet dinners! Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel and friendly staff. Parking lot was packed, which is a usually a good sign. Room was large and very well kept. It is a bit of a pain to get back to in you drive into Red Deer. You have to take the back road, but after the first trip, no problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nonskim

Dear nonskim,
Thank you so much for your review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your room. I know our housekeeping is always on double time, ensuring that all of our guests rooms are spotless,
Next time you come to stay, give our restaurant a try! We have award winning Chef Emmanuel David and his culinary team in our kitchen, always creating new dishes that our guests love! Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at his hotel for almost a week while my mother was in the hospital. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were excellent. The staff in the restaurant was excellent and the staff made me feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers. The hotel is a short distance out of Red Deer but access is very good. I didn't use the pool or spa facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Darcy H
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Darcy H,
Thank you for your review about our hotel! I am happy that we were able to accommodate you for your solo travel to Red Deer. I hope that on your next trip, you will be able to experience our water park. with either your family, or by simply relaxing in our hot tub. We also have a complimentary business center, so if you do happen to travel this way on business, your needs will be looked after.
Our chef in our restaurant has 5 star ratings and I am gad you were able to enjoy his great dining selections. I will ensure to pass your compliments on to him.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Holiday Inn and we are already looking forward to our next trip! We were greeted by friendly staff immediately and we were even given an upgrade to make our hotel experience more fun for our children!! The water-slides and pool were clean and so much fun. We also enjoyed a FANTASTIC meal at the restaurant. Again, our children's needs were met right away and we were also treated to an amazing meal. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and their restaurant!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandi H

Dear Brandi H,
Thank you so much for your review! It is so great to hear that your family had such an awesome stay with us! Our water park is the biggest indoor park in any Red Deer Hotel! Our maintenance team is always working hard to ensure it is in top condition!
Next time you come to our hotel, aim for a Friday or Saturday as our Chef, Emmanuel David, has his mouth watering Prime Rib on special!
Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay here with us!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here as we were in town for my daughter's dance competition and it was wonderful! The staff were all very friendly and nice. We had a basic room with two queen beds and it was huge! The bathroom was also a good size! The beds were very comfortable! Loved the down duvet covers and all the different types of pillows! I was very impressed that we had a Kuerig machine instead of a cheap coffee maker you would normally see! The pool was great! The kids had a good time and loved the water slide! I appreciated that every morning they had a great breakfast buffet set up in a room for all the dancers and their parents! We ate at the hotel restaurant called the Boulevard.. very good! The Chef himself even came out to say hello to the guests and ask how the food was which I thought was excellent customer service! Only downside is that is it right off the highway but its only a couple mins drive into town! Overall I thought this hotel was excellent value for the service and amenities! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Lovesoccer75,
I am so glad to hear how excellent your stay was! It is encouraging to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a five night stay that resulted in a raving review for Holiday Inns & Suites! Our room was part of a group booking. Very fair group rates were negotiated that included a nutritious breakfast prepared especially for our group each morning. We had requested early check-in and when we arrived our room was not ready and wouldn't be ready by the time we had agreed on. They knew i was starting to panic so they came up with a solution that worked for us all. I was most grateful! The rooms were good size, nice and clean as was the pool. The machines in the fitness room, all good quality and looks into pool area so you can work out and watch kids at same time. The restaurant's menu had a great variety for adults and children and the food was delicious. Our servers were accommodating and noted the included gratuity for parties over a certain size, something I truly appreciate. Check out was quick and easy and they weren't pushing us out the door to get housekeeping in. All in all a great stay. Will definitely go back next year for the same event.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side seem to be quieter; less highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear CalgaryCathie,
Thank you so much for such a positive review! I am so glad that we were able to help you out quickly and accordingly. It is great your family was able to utilize and enjoy most of the amenities we have here at the Holiday Inn Red Deer South. I will make sure to pass your comments on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a very nice place to stay however I totally disagree with instilling a 3 day minimum stay rule for the Ag Show PLUS over doubling the price during that time period. Leaves a bit of a sour taste!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Linda S

Dear Linda S,
Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure this information gets passed on to my sales team.