“Great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
SASKATCHEWAN
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place. We stayed here four nights for a family wedding held at the hotel. Everything was fantastic. Great service and friendly staff. The restaurant was very good and the rooms were large and very clean. The meal at the wedding was excellent. The rates are super good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear 20090306 SASKATCHEWAN, Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you had a great wedding experience! We take pride in our wedding functions and do our best to make them enjoyable for everyone attending.
Our award winning Chef in the Boulevard Restaurant makes sure every meal is fantastic. Next time you are in our area I hope to have you stay again and make use of our other great features such as family rooms and the pool with water slide!
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to connecting with you in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for business trips to Red Deer. The management and staff were very friendly and accommodating to our company and clients. The boardrooms were well equipped for meetings, the restaurant and lounge offered an excellent selection of food and beverages for client entertainment and the rooms and hotel were clean and modern.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pasquale P, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that our team was welcoming and accommodating to your team. We do our best to make sure the boardrooms and meeting equipment are the best for our company clients. I am glad you were able to experience our restaurant and lounge as well. We also have a variety of room types that im sure you would enjoy for a personal stay with family. We have a pool with the tallest waterslide in a hotel in Red Deer, and a hot tub that is very relaxing. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to seeing you next time!
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Ended up here after the Best Western Plus in red deer overbooked our room and wanted to downgrade us. I am certainly glad we made the change. When we explained our dilemma about our previous booking a very wonderful young lady upgraded us to a great room. I will stay here for all my future visits to Red Deer

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Rhett G,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that our team was able to help you and make your experience end better then the way it began! We will always do our best to ensure each guest is more then satisfied with what they recieve at our property, especially when they have been disppointed along the way.
Next time you are at our hotel, try to come down to our Boulevard Restaurant and Lounge. Starting in September, our award winning chef, Emmauel David, will be featuring a new promotion no one in Red Deer has been to before! It is called Taste of the world. Each month, a traditional dish from a different county will be served and talked about. It goes on for an entire year and is going to be more then a memorable experience! If you wish to talk about it further, feel free to contact me at emena@zsholdings.com.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to connect with you in the future!

Calgary
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent our anniversary in the King Suite, along with the roses, red wine, and chocolate covered strawberries. Well worth the price, the room has to be 1200 sq ft. +. with a Jacuzzi tub with its own TV and fireplace, as well the master suite has its own TV and shares the other side of the fireplace. The main area also has a TV with a dining and kitchenette area. The only downfall is the Harley shop next door if you are planning on sleeping in as the roar will awaken you.

Room Tip: Avoid the north side if you like peace and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear KBEE57,
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you and your spouse were able to enjoy a relaxed night together in our honeymoon suite with a few extra perks. Our chocolate covered strawberries are made fresh in-house by our very talented pastry chef. He makes everything the morning of your arrival, not days ahead of time. He also does all of our cakes for all different kinds of events and can create anything you can think of.
I hope next time that you will be able to come down to our Boulevard Restaurant and experience our Executive Chef's, Emmanuel David, creations as well. Every Friday and Saturday he features prime rib for a special price that will melt in your mouth!
As for the Harley Davidson shop, I do apologize that you were awoken by this. We will ensure to put you on the complete opposite side on your next stay in that way your sleep will not be disturbed.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to connect with you again in the future.

North of Edmonton
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I chose this hotel to reserve a block of rooms for a baseball team in early August, 2014. The coordination of the reservation was simple and the hotel was flexible to suit the variety of different arrival/departure dates for the families on our team.

Rooms - The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. All the rooms within the block were on the same floor and fairly close together. That's not always an easy assignment. :)

Breakfast - The hotel organized a team breakfast in the restaurant for all the players and family members. This was a plate service and although there was no choice with the served breakfast, the quality was good. I heard nothing but positive comments from our team members and families.

Pool/Waterslide - The kids all loved the pool and waterslide. The pool was clean and the slide was fast (kids loved that).

Issue - When we woke up on Saturday morning, to our surprise there was no hot water. This made for a very quick shower and prompt awakening!! We were advised the entire hotel was without hot water. Throughout the day I received an email from Emily (group block coordinator) requesting I pass along her apologies to the entire team and let me know they were working to find a resolution. When we returned to our room later that evening we discovered each room had a telephone message and a letter of apology for the unfortunate incident. They reassured us that the problem was fixed and provided each room with a slight compensation to be deducted from their nightly rate. Although the issue with the broiler was out of their control, they went out of their way to ensure their customers were taken care of. This was appreciated by all!!!

I was hesitant to book this hotel because of it's location but I can tell you I will not have any reservation in booking this hotel again. The cleanliness and customer service are SUPERB and the location is actually very good. Well done!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear GTammy,
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy we were able to make your reservation process smooth and simple. We do our best to ensure it is as easy for your group as possible.
When we have teams staying with us, we always do our best to ensure they are close together. We know that it can be important for some of the team players to be by their team mates and we do our best to accommodate that.
Also, our Executive Chef, Emmanuel David, designed out sports team menu to ensure that your team has a healthy and nutritious start to their day, ensuring your breakfast has something from each food group so you can have all the energy you need to help your team events a complete success! I am also glad you enjoyed our pool so much! Our water slide is one of the reasons we are so popular with sports teams. It gives families a chance to have some fun and not have to leave the hotel and spend money on other activities.
I do apologize for the hot water issue again. Unfortunately it was something that was out of our control. When those things happen, we pull together as a team and ensure we do everything we can to help our guests with whatever they need for the time being. I am glad that our solution to this issue was to you and your teams standard and satisfaction.
Thank you again for your review as well as your kind words and I look forward to connecting with again in the future!

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are great. Staff is friendly and attentive. We once stayed here when there was a wedding going on and happened to be just above the dance floor! It was so loud and our room shook but when I called we were given a new room no issues. A small oversight but quickly corrected. Having the water slide for the kids is an added bonus. Love that there is a bar and restaurant!

Stayed August 2014
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Jaber2014,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that our team was so friendly and attentive to your needs. We are always doing whatever we can to ensure your stay is nothing less then a 5 star experience.
As for the room above the dance floor, I do apologize that that oversight occurred but I'm glad our team was able to quickly fix that for you up to standard.
Our pool and water slide is always popular with our families. It is a great way to have some fun and just relax together while spending quality time in a great place, as well as our Boulevard Restaurant. With our kids eat free menu options, you are sure to find something the entire family will enjoy.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to connecting with again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here August 2014 & it was phenomenal! First off the family rooms are large & have all the space you could want to store all snacks and refrigerated food. The water slide is light in colour so not at all scary, even for my three year old, but fun for everyone in our family (including myself and my husband). The front staff is amazing, the food at the restaurant great (great tasting adult options for us, and healthy kids meals), the service at the restaurant was also a highlight. We tipped 25% bc it was that good. All in all an amazing stay, highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jessica R,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear your stay was phenomenal! That is the feeling we want every guest to leave with.
Our family rooms we designed, of course, specifically for our families. We know that you need as much space and room to spread out as you do at home to help make your stay a complete success. Also, I am happy to hear your family enjoyed our pool and water slide so much! Our entire team is always working hard to make sure our guests stay is a complete success.
I will ensure to pass your comments on about our Boulevard Restaurant as well. We are proud to be the home of our Executive Chef Emmanuel David and his team. They always know how to leave your taste buds tingling and your tummy full! He is featuring 20 different kinds of wings from Monday to Friday from now until the end of September so next time you are here, be sure to give them a try.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to connect with you again soon.