“Pet friendly hotel with super staff and enough coffee in room!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Red Deer
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Quebec
“Pet friendly hotel with super staff and enough coffee in room!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here one night just before Labor day weekend while combining a work trip with a vacation with my dog.

First Plus: They let me check in early, which was great after the longish flight - my dog had a much needed nap and I was able to clean myself up before my meeting that afternoon.

Second Plus: Super friendly clerk who welcomed my dog with a smile and no pet fees!!!! Mind you, she is very well behaved and clean :)

Third Plus: I could WALK to my meeting! Everything is pretty close in Red Deer !

Fourth Plus: Very quiet and restful for sleeping. I had a room on 2nd floor near the back corner (room 202, very quiet and near stairs for my elevator-hating dog)

Fifth Plus: FINALLY, an in room coffee service with enough CAFFEINATED coffee and enough creamers (powder kind, but that's to be expected).

Why it didn't get 5 stars: Some carpet stains (these don't bother me so much, I always wear flip flops in hotels anyway) and reading lamp that didn't work. I could not figure out how to adjust the thermostat, but luckily the room was pretty comfy already. Also, pretty expensive for what it is, but I think that is just the location.

A PLEA TO OTHER DOG OWNERS USING THIS HOTEL: Please keep this hotel dog friendly by covering the beds with an old sheet of your own, and pick up after your dog. Leave a nice tip for the housekeeping staff. Use the "old rag" provided (a nice idea!) for wiping your dog's paws - don't use their white towels!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank fionaqc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at Best Western across the way for work. Due to the late booking I stayed here. Price wasn't anything special and neither was the value. It's fine in a pinch, but if I'm going to expense the amount I did I'd rather pay that and go to BW.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lars F
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I travel a great deal for my job and expect that when I check into a "chain" hotel that the standards will be the same. This is the third different Comfort Inn I have stayed in and I was delightfully surprised.

The staff were friendly, willing to help in any way. Response time for calls was quick and there was no problem with my late check in. The best surprise was that check out time was for noon and not 11:00.

When I am back in Red Deer for business, I certainly will stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank funtraveller_11
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The check in went smoothly and the staff was friendly. We had the grandchildren over twice to play in the pool and they loved the pool and waterslide. Our room was spacious with a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave. They also put out plastic bowls and utensils, which I thought was very handy if we went for dinner and brought leftovers. We were given a senior's rate, but would have qualified for the rate through BCAA as well. A continental breakfast is included in the room rate, but we didn't have a chance to eat breakfast there. The location was handy as it's just off the main highway and close to shopping and restaurants. We will stay here again when we are in Red Deer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Colleen B
Drayton Valley, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Everything was awesome. Check in and check out was quick and simple. Our beds were the most comfortable, just like home, not too hard and not too soft. There were plenty of comfortable pillows, too. The room was clean and spacious and could hold our family of 6 (4 teenagers) very nicely. The pool was the perfect temperature, so much so that my husband swam with the family which he never does as he is very particular with his water temperature. We had a great nights rest as it was quiet all night (usually you hear everyone in the halls at other hotels). Their breakfast had everything anyone could want to eat - cereals, fresh waffles, eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juices, toast, bagels, muffins, etc. Hot food was hot and cold drinks were cold. It was perfect. Congratulations to the owner and staff for a job well done! I highly recommend staying with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karin B
Comfort503, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We really appreciate you taking your time to share your wonderful experience with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites and on Trip Advisor.
I am so glad to hear that you found the pillows comfortable. We have just started changing our bedding over to the new Choice 'Truly Yours' program, starting with the pillows first and over the next month the rest of the bedding will be changed.
We are very proud of our Breakfast and I am so happy to hear that we were able to have something of everyone's different taste.
Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We had a very strange 1 bedroom "suite" well it was pretty much like a regular 1 queen hotel room then randomly had another bedroom half way down the wall with a king bed in it lol. Made us laugh anyhow. But it was clean and the air conditioning worked good even though it was winter we had it on as we were both hot. Good place to stay if you are passing though Red Deer for the night. Would recommend a reservation though especially if you want a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: All are fine I think but definitely specify smoking/non-smoking preference.