“Average”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Toronto, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

check in was ok. i arrived early. they werent that excited to check me in early and it showed but they did accommodate. got a king size room. seperate living room with a partial wall inbetween bed and couch which i really like makes u feel like ur at home versus staring at a bed while sitting on a couch in a room.. kinda feels more homey. bathrooms were average. shower head needs to be replaced for pressure for sure.. beds were kinda hard and didnt have that comfortable feeling. duvet though so atleast somewhat comfy. keurig coffee maker so enjoyed that. although wish they had real cream not packaged lol. internet was good tv was good.. . breakfast was ok, hot.. waffle maker, bacon eggs juice coffee etc. was good for being free
One thing i noticed is rooms need to be cleaned better, my foot went under the bedskirt and i felt gross pieces of stuff looked and was like crumbs of somesort.. didnt see that until my last night though just didnt complain.

location is in industrial area, not much around except other hotels, Tim Hortons, Flying Js truck stop is all within walking distance anything else is driving.

i would probably stay elsewhere just because i know other hotels are nicer for same price but nothing else was available those dates i needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Comfort503, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn & Suites Red Deer. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize that your stay wasn't all what you were expecting. After reviewing your comments I have gone back to our housekeeping department and reviewed our cleaning procedures with our associates. I am glad that you enjoyed the homeyness of the room and the Keurig machine. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to providing your accommodations in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel from Wednesday night through to Sunday. Great check in times and amazing check out time (noon). Pool and fitness areas were clean and well kept. Pool times started 6:30am and ended 11PM so lots of time to use them no matter what your schedule was. Quiet, clean rooms. We asked for king size bed and got a partial suite with a privacy wall between bed and sitting area. Breakfast was free and awesome hot dishes (eggs, sausage,bacon,ham and belgian waffle maker plus alll sorts of cereals and sides, fresh fruit). Staff was amazing and courteous. Entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Again, Great value!

Room Tip: We were on the main floor with the hallway very close to a back door and the pool and fitness room s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Really nice Hotel, staff were very helpful and friendly. There was a ski team staying at the hotel last weekend and we hardly heard anything at all unless we were in the hallway or other areas of the hotel. Pool is very nice and warm, lots of kids Friday night but quiet on Saturday. Very good hot breakfast selections and a reasonable amount of seating, dining area could be a bit bigger. Lots of parking even with all the snow and ice piling up. Seems like a great place for families to get away to for a weekend during the winter, yet it was quite comfortable for my wife and I. Hotel did not mind if we had other family members join us in the pool.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of one wing of the hotel on the 2nd floor. My wife who is a smoker had quick a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RempelW
Lacombe, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed with my children. Rooms were clean and had a seating area, desk, and 2 queen beds. Mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave and DISPOSABLE DISHES!!! Fabulous for small meals and snacks. Your choice of firm or soft pillows, and crisp linens. Staff were friendly. Easy to get to from Hwy 2. We never used water slide and pool, but it looked great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank travelling_momma42
Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here one night just before Labor day weekend while combining a work trip with a vacation with my dog.

First Plus: They let me check in early, which was great after the longish flight - my dog had a much needed nap and I was able to clean myself up before my meeting that afternoon.

Second Plus: Super friendly clerk who welcomed my dog with a smile and no pet fees!!!! Mind you, she is very well behaved and clean :)

Third Plus: I could WALK to my meeting! Everything is pretty close in Red Deer !

Fourth Plus: Very quiet and restful for sleeping. I had a room on 2nd floor near the back corner (room 202, very quiet and near stairs for my elevator-hating dog)

Fifth Plus: FINALLY, an in room coffee service with enough CAFFEINATED coffee and enough creamers (powder kind, but that's to be expected).

Why it didn't get 5 stars: Some carpet stains (these don't bother me so much, I always wear flip flops in hotels anyway) and reading lamp that didn't work. I could not figure out how to adjust the thermostat, but luckily the room was pretty comfy already. Also, pretty expensive for what it is, but I think that is just the location.

A PLEA TO OTHER DOG OWNERS USING THIS HOTEL: Please keep this hotel dog friendly by covering the beds with an old sheet of your own, and pick up after your dog. Leave a nice tip for the housekeeping staff. Use the "old rag" provided (a nice idea!) for wiping your dog's paws - don't use their white towels!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank fionaqc
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at Best Western across the way for work. Due to the late booking I stayed here. Price wasn't anything special and neither was the value. It's fine in a pinch, but if I'm going to expense the amount I did I'd rather pay that and go to BW.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lars F
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I travel a great deal for my job and expect that when I check into a "chain" hotel that the standards will be the same. This is the third different Comfort Inn I have stayed in and I was delightfully surprised.

The staff were friendly, willing to help in any way. Response time for calls was quick and there was no problem with my late check in. The best surprise was that check out time was for noon and not 11:00.

When I am back in Red Deer for business, I certainly will stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business