Comfort Inn & Suites Red Deer
US$99
US$107
US$92
Travelocity
All reviewshot breakfastgreat hotel to stayking size bedwould stay againbreakfast roomlots of parkinghot itemsrooms are cleancoffee makerbusiness tripfront desk staffmicrowaveamarates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2009

A little pricey but hotels in Canada are all over-priced these days. Staff was very helpful, juggled rooms to check us in early. Suite was very spacious & well-laid-out, very clean. Manager recommended nearby Keg for supper, gave us complimentary shrimp cocktails, made reservation for us.We were treated like VIPs at Keg because of that. Next night, hotel staff recommended a nearby pizza place, called & got menu faxed over, made sure deliverycame right to our room ... pizza was great. Breakfast room was lovely, staff very warm & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel with bunch of friends and their families. The price was reasonable for this class of hotels. But I liked that everything promised was delivered with excellence. The pool was working, internet was fast and unlimited, the rooms were clean and as booked with no changes or confusions, the coffee was ok and the breakfast was good and they always brought new quantities when the food ran out. I've been in a lot of hotels before and there is always something goes wrong from their side, but this hotel delivered all what it promised. I don't know if I was lucky and others may have different experiences but what I know is if I go again to Red Deer, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2009

This hotel is with others (Best Western, Service Inn) at a QE Hwy 2 interchange. Easy to find from a distance.

I stayed 2 nights on the main floor. The main floor advantage: very high ceiling. I had a King room with a half wall, then an area with a sofabed, upholstered chair, and desk with office chair. Window opens along the bottom, but no sheers - just blackout drapes.

Furnishings including lights, framed prints, and carpet are more like a Holiday Inn. So more upscale then I was expecting. Colours are golds and black. Tables on both sides of the king bed, lots of pillows, the alarm clock takes a bit to figure out.

Bathroom has an adequate size oval tub and a curved shower rod. Large stone vanity. Hair dryer with night light.

When I called the front desk to have air conditioning turned off, they came to my room with a step stool. In other hotels, I can just use an off/on switch!

All rooms have a wave and empty fridge. In my mirrored closet was an iron & board. A few homey touches: a large towel for wiping things like your shoes - or car if you wanted to! Also, a few plastic dishes for the microwave.

Breakfast? A wow for Comfort. Real dishes. Yep, a real bowl for one of the many cereals, glasses for juice, a real plate for that bagel or muffin, and real cutlery. Even had boiled eggs, individual yogurts, and french toast for putting into the toaster. Apples, oranges, and bananas. Attendant does a great job on refilling and cleaning. Available 6am to 10am.

This hotel has large historic photos in the hallways on all floors of the community in the early 1900s. Yep, I walked all four floors to view them (labelled on the bottom). There's one elevator. Top floor is smoking.

Ice and vending is on 2nd floor. Pop is also on 4th. Also, pop and snacks can be purchased by the front desk. Coin laundry (one washer, one dryer) is at the end of one of the floors. A computer is tucked behind in a back hallway 1st floor. Internet (both cabled and wireless) is free in the rooms; no code required. I had a bit of problem with that, nothing serious.

First floor fitness room is next to the pool/waterslide/hot tub area. All are 6am to 11pm with your room card. Didn't use the pool - it was busy with families. The fitness room has two awful Bowflex brand treadmills that have split treads to go up and down. Simply old junk and dangerous... they need to get rid of them. There's a fitness station and a stationery bike. TV and towels are there.

There's a housekeeping award at the front desk for the last 2 years. My room had small stains at the bottom of a wall and on the bathroom door frame. Also, a bobby pin on the carpet from a previous guest.

Overall, a great stay. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2009

The only thing good about this hotel was the great rate we got from hotels.com - otherwise the service ruined it all. The staff were all rude and acted like our being there was a pain to them (even though the hotel was empty) We had 4 rooms booked for 3 nights and housekeeping NEVER CLEANED up once. When we told them they didn't care. Rooms were nicely laid out but they were gross and dirty.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Nyria
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I frequently stay at the Comfort Inn in Red Deer. The rooms are affordable, I pay under $100/night and there is a rewards program which I have used often to collect free nights in other hotels across Canada - the points add up quickly. This is a newer hotel (just a couple years old) & it is conveniently located close to hwy 2 & 67 St and close to all amendities. The staff is very friendly and go above and beyond to make your stay great. The rooms are very clean and spacious, my favorite room is one with a king size bed that comes with a room divider separating the bed from a living area with a couch, chair & coffee/end tables - almost feels like a suite. It also has a desk with high speed internet access plus wireless but the wireless signal is not very strong & is hard to get on the upper floors & if your room is located far from the front desk.

There is a pool & waterslide plus hot tub. This area is always clean and not used often during the week since a lot of the guests are business people but I am sure it gets busy on weekends. There is also a nicely equipped gym that oversees the pool area.

Parking is good and semi trucks can park on an extra lot outside of the hotel. Tim Hortons and Mohave Grill Restaurant are across the street.

This a pet friendly hotel with a charge of $20 per stay for small pets. I frequently travel with my dog and would definatley recommend this hotel for being hassel free when traveling with a pet.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business