“Hungry?” 4 of 5 bubbles

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #9 of 320 Restaurants in Red Deer
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Alberta
“Hungry?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently gave It's All Greek To Me a lunchtime visit as it's been awhile. I noticed it's rated #1 in Red Deer on TripAdvisor and from past visits, I honestly have to say it's not recollected in my memory bank as being that truly outstanding. More like just okay.... However I can understand how the evening festivities might be an added attraction for some, although that's not my cup of tea so my rating is based on the dining aspect alone.

I ordered a chicken wrap and my husband some sort of hot sausage that came with sauce in a lasagna dish. Both meals came with a generous amount of side items including potatoes and rice, after a serving of a small soup and a good size bowl of excellent Greek salad. We then ended up taking half of our meal home because we were overly stuffed! Ultimately I'd give the main menu dishes a 3 on the taste scale, but value/portion size upped our dining experience to a 4. Sometimes it's little things that can make a difference, for example I'm not sure if the taziki sauce was homemade or not because there were no little chunks of cucumber in it. The potatoes were excellent too but the wrap....somehow the diversity of flavours and texture just wasn't there.

Such as the practise of most Greek restaurants, an on-the-house appetizer consisting of a really good taziki served with pita, then salad accompanying the main dish, forget the soup, would be my dining preference.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Port Moody, Canada
“It's not Greek to me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Superb in every way a total winner. I would go back again and again. The lamb shank and souvlaki were delicious. The wine was excellent and the waiter one of the best.

• Visited March 2014
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Better Greek food than Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have been to Greece and had some good meals but this family owned and staffed restaurant is as good or better than what we experienced there. You see most people going home with enough food to make another meal.

Great lamb dishes. Love the Spanakoopita. Top it off with baclava that's home made and fantastic. This is a regular for us, and we have friends from Edmonton who rave about it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HMLayden
Red Deer, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Its All Greek To Me is not just dinner but an evening…. They do not "turn" their tables…. your table is yours for as long as you want it. Friday and Saturday night includes Belly Dancers, and if you want to break a plate…. thats a possibility (for a small fee)
The food is delicious and plentiful…. I am trying to work my way through their menu… which is hard because my favourites keep calling me…
You will need a reservation for a weekend starting in November (very popular for Christmas parties)…. Plan ahead… go hungry….

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“I'm stuffed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

You know the food was just fine, there was just too much of it! I enjoyed the appetizers the most, especially the spanakopita and the calamari.

Visited January 2014