“Great lodge, great fishing, great hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in British Columbia
Meadow Lake Fishing Camp
Vancouver, Canada
“Great lodge, great fishing, great hosts!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Recently my son and I went to Meadow Lake Fishing Lodge with two friends and their kids. We have been at other fishing camps in the area but will become regulars at Meadow Lake. We had such a great experience we will bring even more friends next time. Francesco and Ulie have done a great job in building a new and very comfortable main lodge and are now building new cabins along the same design. The food was great and the hospitality was fantastic. Of course we were there to fish and we caught some nice rainbow trout and each of the lakes we fished. My son caught a 8 lb 10 oz rainbow trout using a fly rod. What a fish and what an experience!!! We won't be able to wipe the smile off his face until we return next year. Looking forward to getting back there.

Bob and Ryan Holroyd

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washougal
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My wife and I have just returned from an early August in paradise. Daily temps in the 70's and nights in the 40's. Never needed a fire in the cabin stove. Minimal skeeters. We fished 6 different lakes, 3 within 1/2 mile of the camp. Usually caught 12-15 trout daily and one evening I caught 10 after dinner! No big fish this year but most were in the 10-16" zone.
Meals were again fabulous. Weinersnitzel, grilled salmon and steaks. Trout and fritatas for breakfast. Not your usual fishing camp cooking. Hot showers in the lodge after a long day are wonderful. We have been coming yearly for most of the past 22 years and will return next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I just returned from my first trip to Meadow Lake Fishing Camp. I'm usually up in the mountains this time of year chasing cutthroat trout but was looking for some good lake fishing for a change of pace.

I really enjoyed Meadow Lake. I fished different lakes each day ranging from a lake right by the camp to one that took about 40 minutes to hike to. The fishing was good, but the unsettled weather likely slowed things down a bit. However, without a doubt there are lots of fish in these lakes. My favourite night was my last one there when I had a large lake to myself and managed to land one nice trout and lost two others close to the boat. The lake was very calm, there were fish rising everywhere and a picturesque thunderstorm off in the distance.

The hospitality provided by Francesco and Uli was exceptional. Great cooking and a nice quiet cabin to sleep in at night. The main lodge is really nice and definately not rustic.There was a group there from Washington who were great to socialize with and were nice enough to share some secrets as to how to best fish these lakes. I was impressed that one even went for a swim in one of the higher altitude lakes.

You don't have to be fisherman to enjoy Meadow Lake.I spent most of my last day reading a book and doing some photography. It was great sitting by the lake, listening to the birds and watching the storms pass by.

The road is bit rough getting into the camp but most cars should be able to handle it just fine. Just check with the owners before your trip if you aren't sure about your own vehicle.

I'll be back!

Mark

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KeishaT
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was my first year going to Meadow Lake Fishing Camp and It won't be my last. The variety of different lakes and quality fish kept me excited to head out to the lakes every day. Francesco and Uli and the food were amazing.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My son and I just got back from our seventh trip to Meadow Lake Fishing Camp. Francesco and Uli are such gracious and accommodating hosts, and they work tirelessly to make sure everything is the way it should be. Every year we find new improvements to the camp.

The combination of the modern, solar-powered lodge, with its hot showers, leather recliners, giant deck and 180 degree view of Meadow Lake, with the rustic log cabins with wood stoves, provide a perfect environment. There's even a "cigar lounge" in the old log-built dining lodge, perfect for playing poker and relaxing after dinner - and getting inspired by the display of hundreds of "wall fish" caught over the decades. If you want to unwind with some peace and quiet, you can relax, read or even take a nap in the main lounge or in your cabin. Then there's nothing like falling asleep under the down duvet in your cabin after a long day of fishing and hiking.

The food was fantastic as always. There's a different delicious breakfast, lunch sandwich and dinner every day. I think a big dinner favorite is the schnitzel, but there's also delicious spaghetti, steak night, curry chicken, etc. Francesco and Uli also graciously handle any special food requests, and they also remember them from year to year. For example, I like my eggs cooked hard, and Uli prepares mine that way without me even asking!

The lakes were really fun this year. It wasn't as productive as some years, but I caught a 20" 2.5 lb trout on the last day - that was exciting! On another day, a bald eagle swooped down and grabbed a fish out of the water right next to our boat - what a show of raw power and grace.

If you want to have a great wilderness adventure, either on your own or with friends and family, you can't go wrong with Meadow Lake Fishing Camp.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I've been going to Meadow Lake Fishing Camp for a number of years now with my dad and some other guys, and it has easily become one of my favorite summer traditions. I'm not a great fisherman like some of the other people in our group, but I've still managed to catch some beautiful trout. Personally, I enjoy the nature and late night fires more than anything else; the hosts, Uli and Franchesco, are fantastic. They cook amazing German food every morning and night, and pack your lunch for your time out on the lakes. They have endless hilarious stories, and you'll feel welcome and at home very quickly. The accommodations are perfect; hot showers if you want them, and clean, roomy cabins. I'd highly reccomend this camp to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Enjoyed 4 days fishing in different lakes each day. Caught numerous trout, smoked rainbows are amazing. Uli & Francesco are gracious hosts, great food, constantly improving the facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family