“Great family fishing trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in British Columbia
Meadow Lake Fishing Camp
Seattle, Washington
“Great family fishing trip”
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I have actually stayed at this camp 5 times over the years with my boys. Fishing for Kamloops trout is great at numerous lakes, some close some take a hike. The hosts treat you like family and are curteous & friendly, the food is great, and the cabins are clean and rustic, the lodge is a great place to unwind with friends and/or family. Overall a great get-away.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jkg73

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at MLFC on 3 different occasions. It didn’t matter whether my stay was 3 days or 10 days, the friendly service, relaxation, and great food & service never changed and was always great!! The fishing was always exciting & fun even though I was never able to catch the ‘Wall Fish.” All the amenities you would expect and even more from a Fishing Camp. Francesco & Uli are superb hosts and just very nice people to be around. Oh, and the food!! All I will say is Weiner Schnitzel !!!! And who can forget the call of the loons… I would highly recommend MLFC if you are looking for THE PERFECT Getaway. I know I will be back in the near future for sure.

Ken Brown
Chehalis, Washington

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I took my two sons (ages 8 and 5) for a few days of fishing at Meadow Lake Lodge and we LOVED our stay. The cabins are not fancy, but the camp grounds and location are pristine. Other guys were very friendly, the hosts Uli and Francesca were outstanding - option of cooking your catch for breakfast or smoking it for us to take home. Good fishing on lakes that were very short walks from the camp ( 2 minutes) with a new row boat waiting for us. It was only a loon and us on the lake....caught 1/2 dozen rainbow trout...which jumped and fought like mad. Go for good fishing, pristine location and uber friendly hosts + fellow guests.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2011

A week at Meadow Lake was a great experience for my mid-twenties son and me. We haven't been together much during the past few years, so it was great to be with him on the lakes of the area, and even catching a trout from time to time. The high country of the Cariboo Plateau in British Columbia where the lodge is situated is a wonderful place for scenery. The series of lakes near the lodge are virtually without other fishermen. We had a great time.

• Stayed September 2010
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 February 2011

A real fishing camp. Rustic cabins, walk into many beautiful lakes that you will most likely have all to yourself. The new lodge is great, the food is great and the hosts are even better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I am new to the concept of a "fishing camp". Fishing is one of those activities that is connected with camping. What my son and I have found at Meadow Lake are wonderful friends, clean comfortable cabins, gourmet (or very close) meals, showers, short hikes through beautiful forests and best of all -- fish. Our hosts, Francesco and Uli are the most interesting and accommodating people - they really are like family. We will be going back for our fifth (or sixth?) year and we can't wait. It really is our favorite trip of the year.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

My son and I have stayed at Meadow Lakes Fishing Camp every summer for the past 5 years. We absolutely love it there. Francesco and Uli are amazing hosts. The "American Plan" is really fun - all three delicious meals are included, and everyone sits together at breakfast and dinner and talks about their fishing adventures of the day. The outdoor deck, connected to the new luxury lodge and overlooking Meadow Lake, is unbelievable. Look at the photos! After dinner every evening there's a firepit and further discussion and relaxing.

There are many lakes to choose from, some right at the camp and others ranging from 20-60 minutes hike. The wilderness is pristine - we regularly see bald eagles, loons, ducks, and sometimes moose and deer. It's an amazing feeling to be in a rowboat, sometimes the only one on an entire lake, miles from civilization.

The rustic cabins are great, with beds, down duvets, woodstove, etc. After a big day, you can drift off to sleep listening to the loons call on the lake. Wow.

Included in the price is Francesco expertly smoking your trout to bring home. It is so good - better than smoked salmon in my opinion. They will also be happy to cook a breakfast fish for you in the morning. And you amost certainly will catch fish. We've never come home empty-handed. One year my son caught a "Wall Fish" - a 4 lb 12 oz trout!

If you love the outdoors, lake fishing, hiking, wildlife, or just plain relaxing and disconnecting, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family