“Chemainus Gem”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Chemainus Gem”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My son and I recently enjoyed a two-night stay here in January 2014. I was very impressed with how clean and new everything was; our room was impeccable, right down to the sanitized tv remotes. We had a one-bedroom, single queen suite with kitchenette, and found it to be very roomy and comfortable. It felt more like a residence than a hotel room. Two tv's and a separate bedroom and sitting area made it easy to watch television or read while someone else was sleeping, without disturbing them. The suite (and the rest of the hotel) were decorated with lovely old photographs depicting local history; even my 10 year old son noticed them and was quite intrigued. I appreciated the in-room Keurig coffee machine, rather than the usual hotel coffee makers that I always avoid. The bed & pillows were of good quality and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very, very good; staff were very attentive in ensuring that everything was well-stocked and tidy. The pool and whirlpool were great. Small pets are allowed here, and I noticed a very cute pet station in the lobby with biscuits and other pet amenities - a nice touch, I thought. The area is very quiet in the evenings and on weekends, so we had very restful nights. Front desk and housekeeping staff were wonderful as well. Checking in and out was a breeze. Highly recommend this great hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fleuve
Chemainushotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We've gone 3 times now on a "weekend getaway" which included the Chemainus theatre for the dinner and play, plus a room at this Hotel for one price. Our experience was excellent with everything within walking distance. Nice pub across the street. Altogether a perfect weekend trip!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Abcewfghijk
Chemainushotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us once again and look forward to another visit as there are some great shows coming this year.
Delta BC Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was a bit wary of this stay over Christmas as I usually find myself in five star international hotels. But, I'd stay in a hotel like this over them any time! From the second my wife and I set foot in the door, to the second we left, everything was great. We arrived on Christmas Eve: the hotel lobby looked terrific -not gaudy or tacky, just classy; the receptionist was warm, polite and friendly -neither gushing nor obsequious, just, it seemed, very pleased to see us. Our room was spotless, fresh, and well-appointed. Pleasant Art on the walls, solid, unmarked furniture, a very comfortable king-size bed, a fridge, coffee-making facilities and a much-appreciated miniature Christmas tree! The washroom was a good size and amply supplied. It sparkled! I have rarely been in such a clean, bright washroom. Everything worked, simply and instantly. Hot water -turn the tap on, and the first drops out were hot; same in the shower and ample bath. No engineering degree needed to decipher out how things worked!
There is no restaurant here, but there is a breakfast buffet with both hot and cold food, freshly prepared and well-presented. The coffee, too, was fine. All this in a pleasant room just off the lobby.
The small -but far from minute -pool and well-resourced fitness room are excellent, and a business area provides all anyone could need.
The staff are uniformly pleasant and capable.
I was really surprised that our experience was so very good and recommend this hotel warmly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toptyke
Thank you so much for your kind review, I will share your comments with the team.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I loved the staff at Chemainus Inn. They were so friendly and welcoming. The roll-in shower for wheelchair accessibility was great. Plastic bench available if you ask the staff. The room was nicely decorated and the kitchenette was very handy for preparing meals. Most of all, I was so relieved to be able to reach everything from my wheelchair. Personally I prefer a harder mattress, but everything was new and very clean. We hope to stay here again soon. Great location if you're going to the Chemainus Festival Theatre; the musical show and buffet dinner were excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Beverly H
I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again.
Abbotsford
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Friendly staff, great breakfast, close to restaurants, golf course and Theatre. One down fall is that there are no king sized beds or suites. Is a 'green' hotel so that the bedding and towels are only replaced as you wish and not every day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments, as it happens we are in the process of upgrading some of our suites to King suites.
Calgary
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stay at Best Western motels as much as we can on the island and have consistent great results. Nearly new, clean roomy rooms that are well appointed with nice furnishings, beds and rugs. The complimentary breakfast was good with quite a few choices.

Room Tip: We stayed in an kitchenette suite on the upper floor and it was perfect for quietness and view. Unfo...