“Great Restaurant”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel because the hiway was having a snowstorm and were pleasently surprised at how fantastic the restaurant was, the food and service were 1st class I would
recommend to endulge in there cuisine you will not be sorry. The rooms were also very nice as are all Coast Hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Hello and thank you for your post. We certainly have been having some odd weather. Pleased to hear your stay and look forward to having you with again soon. Next time your in Chilliwack and have some time- ask me about some great outdoor spots for you to check out. Take care and talk to you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel - it was modern, clean and comfortable. There has been a real effort to update the furnishings and amenities. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was on a business trip and appreciated how easy check in was - the restaurant was great, food was good. I would certainly recommend the hotel and would definitely return.
B. A.

Room Tip: ask not to be beside someone else as I could hear hair dryer from next room
Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hello,

good to hear you enoyed your stay with us! I would like to also thank you for your comment regarding the room next door. Our team is looking at ways to improve the sound proofing, in particular rooms with connecting doors. Thanks again for caring enough to post.

Cheers
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The location of this hotel was convenient to all ammenities. It was easy to locate, we were coming from Grand Forks, BC. The rates were comparable for what we got as a room. Unfortunately there were a few things that fell short of a hotel of its class. The beds were only double in size and the comforters were white of all colours. The heating unit in the room sounded like a huge popcorn maker and had to be turned off in order to sleep. The final straw was that there was no cold water for a warm shower. In order to have a comfortable bath, you had to draw cold water from the sink to put into the bathtub. The veiw from the room was wonderful, the pond and the ducks and geese. The restaurant downstairs was good for breakfast, food was very good and the desk staff were as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time the time and letting us know where we fell short in your expectations. I appreciate how frustrating it must have been for you not have had hot water and be disturbed by a older AC unit. As a result of your comments, our team has planned to improve/ replace the unit. We are confindent that our Hot water issues are isolated....none the less, our team would like to make it right for you and your family. Please give me a call at the hotel and we can chat. Once again thanks for the comments....we truley appreciate it! J. Beltrano
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stay at the Coast Chilliwack once or twice a month on business, and while it does some things well, it falls short in others. The desk staff is fantastic, and it is clean and decent. The exercise and pool facilities are great, as is the location. My biggest complaint is that the beds are uncomfortable, with pillows that are far too high and hard, and the only heat in the rooms are those blowing units that are really loud, and not very warm. I usually end up turning the heat off, and in the winter, using the bedding from the second bed to stay warm enough. I also find the rooms really noisy, particularly those with adjoining doors. You can hear everything the "neighbours" do and say, and get a first row exposure to their television choices. On the positive side, the front desk staff is fabulous, and unless the hotel is full, always willing to give me a room away from other guests.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I would like to post a huge thank you to the wonderful staff at the Coast Chilliwack Hotel. On January 14th our basketball team from Kelowna was unable to drive home and at the last minute we were given exceptional care and service by the considerate management and staff. Excellent clean rooms with comfortable beds, caring staff and a wonderful dinner at the restaurant. Thank you for your help. This is definitely THE place to stay in Chilliwack!

Room Tip: Excellent restaurant.
vancouver
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I would say this is probably the best hotel in Chilliwack. I would rate it as a 3.5 star with a 5 star property with a nice scenic lake out front. I had the basic room, I would say it was slightly smaller than a typical room at say the BW. The room was in excellent shape, very comfy beds, new flat screen tv. Bathroom was very nice condition with all the extras you could possibly use. The hotel looks as though it has been kept up in excellent shape and continually renovated.

The pool and hot tub were great, and were in a glass atrium that over looks the lake, very scenic. They also had tables and loung chairs - which you almost never see in an indoor pool area - very nice! For those seeking a higher standard of service, this hotel offers roomservice (not 24hrs unfortunately).

My only critique, and this is being picky as I am having trouble finding anything to complain about, would be the room decor was plain or rather absent with only one photo hanging up on the wall. This is probably the most expensive hotel around, with AAA rate that brought it down a bit. The TV channel selection was a little bit limited and some channels were fuzzy.

Otherwise, this is a great hotel, very nice, excellent condition, polite and friendly staff, good location, easy walking distance to pubs and/or restauarnts. I would recommend Dakota's for a nice steak dinner down the street.

Room Tip: Check their website for internet rates or AAA discount.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TDTD
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here December 16 to 20th 2011. The check in was seamless and the clerk very nice. I asked for a free upgrade not expecting to get one but I was upgraded!!!.

I got a King room on the 9th floor looking over the lagoon. The room you could tell had been recently renovated and it was nice. The bed was comfy and the duvet was soft. The bath amenities were plentiful. The room decor was nicely appointed.

As I was staying during the Christmas party season I was worried that I would be kept up all night by people in the halls and slamming doors. I did not hear once a door slam or a single sound from the hall way. I was really impressed how soundproof the room was.

All in all a great stay I would definitely go back to this hotel again

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business