“Stayed 3 times for 5 nights and loved it!!!!!”

Coast Chilliwack Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Came back three times in a year and impressed by the personal level of service throughout the hotel. The rooms themselves are spacious and very impressive with wonderful views. The same can be said about Prestons with its wonderful pond views!!!!!
The bar area is a highlight of the stay for breakfast and late evening get togethers.
Honestly you are not going to find a better place to rest your head in Chilliwack so stop wasting time and book already!!!!!! I know I will again!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a meal by the pond! Very nice!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your kind comments and your returning business.

General Managert

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a second time, the first was over a year ago and we had a great meal in the restaurant . We were looking forward to have dinner there again but after seeing that they changed the menu making it
much smaller more expensive like a 7oz ( before cooking ) steak for $25. and nothing else that looked appetizing I went across the street and got a steak & cheeze sub and a veg sub for under $20. at Subway and they were really good. Beside Subway is a Starbucks so we had a great breakfast there. We would stay at the Coast again but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
southokanagantourist, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Cliff1955,

thank you for your comments. I was glad to hear that your overall stay was pleasant. We have tweaked our menu and will continue to teak working with guest comments like yours. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with items on the menu, but encourage you to keep us in mind as the menu is always a work in progress.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had never stayed in Chilliwack before... always just drove through on our way to Vancouver but this visit has changed that. Room was huge, lovely view, comfy bed. Service was excellent right from the front desk to brunch the next day. Rates were very reasonable. Bravo, a fabulous Chilliwack restaurant, was just a few blocks walk.

What really surprised us was the modern, urban feel to the hotel and the property. We never expected to see that in Chilliwack and it was a great surprise. This stay convinced us that Chilliwack may be a destination, not just a drive through.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room. Tons of space and beautiful city/mountain view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa J
southokanagantourist, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We take a lot of pride in our property and ore always happy when our guests have had a memorable time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

rooms excellent ,breakfeast ok ,restaurant very good,
being irish we like our tea but sadly they do not boil water hot enough to make tea also in the bar some of the waiting staff are very forward about asking for gratuities ,as one girl asked when you pay her for a round of drinks how much change will I get you , while we have no problem giving a tip we don't like being asked for it ,a tip should be given for good service and not asked for
we addressed these problems with the management last year but sadly they arose again this year . also the beer prices in the bar seem to be over the top .
also the sauna is never hot as it is on a timer
on the plus side rooms are excellent with the most comfortable beds I have ever come across in a hotel .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
southokanagantourist, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear nmaKk,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that your concerns last year had not been addressed. Please be assured they have been addressed and that your voice has been heard.

Thank you for your continued support of Coast Hotels.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

A bit pricey for what it is.
I contacted the hotel staff several weeks before our planned stay to try to arrange a block of rooms. One staffer did get back to me about it, but when I replied to her I found she had gone on vacation. I tried the back up person who got back to me once, but did not get back to me after I replied. I inquired again and she did not reply. By that time there weren't any rooms left on the hotel's website and only those of us who found it on booking.com got rooms at the hotel. Needless to say I was unable to book a dinner there.
Check in was not good. I made the reservation in my name but my husband's credit card was the one we were using. So they got that information asking him to complete a form, then asked me for ID! Not in a really nice way either.
Later my husband had a headache. We asked at the front desk if they had anything for a headache, and the same person who checked us in said yes, but "I'm not allowed to give it to you." Just say no in the future.
The next day we had booked for 15 for breakfast and asked for a late check out. The same guy on the desk very reluctantly gave us one extra hour. He didn't do it gracefully or make us feel in any way welcome despite the fact that we mentioned we had 15 people coming into the hotel for breakfast.
The Breakfast - while the server was getting us seated she asked if it was a special occasion. I said yes, but she didn't inquire what it was showing me that she didn't really care. Later she took orders. The food came out one or two items at a time until two people, including my husband and my mother (whose 85th birthday we were in town to celebrate), did not get their meals. The rest of us were starting to eat as the food was getting cold and about five minutes later the server came along and asked if everything was okay. I said no and showed her that two people had nothing. She asked what they had ordered! She took the orders! We told her. It was obvious that the meals had not been made. My husband's meal came out but not my mother's. My little 85 year old mother was sitting there with no food while all the rest of us had food. It was highly embarrassing. The server finally brought my mother her toast and one scrambled egg and apologized. It was very poorly arranged and I was not happy. The server made some very minor adjustments to the bill as a result, but I could not recommend this hotel to other travelers. The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant are not effective at their hospitality jobs. I am very unhappy with this experience and will make it my business to tell other travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RWilliams05
southokanagantourist, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Mrs Williams,

Thank you for your comments. I must say that I was disturbed and saddened to see how you were treated. We take pride in giving great customer service and attentiveness to all our guests and this instance we failed. For that you have my sincere apologies. Please note that I will be following up with you personally.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

breakfast was fine.... stay away from the pad thai. room was great size tv system was not great unless you knew what channel to look for. shower head was unique. bathroom was fine. would prefer having ice machine on every floor instead of needing tto get on a elevator and down 3 floors for ice

Room Tip: king size with a view on west side
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank westinmex
southokanagantourist, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Westinmex,

Thank you for your comments, sorry to hear that the Pad Tai was not to your liking, we strive to have consistency in our food and have been very successful in this. We hope you try us out again.
Thank you again for your comments they assist us greatly in enhancing our services.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stay at the Chilliwack Coast regularly, sometimes enroute to/from Vancouver during visits there, or to visit an aging family member. It's a newer hotel and well managed from appearances.

Noise: This hotel is centrally located in town itself, but town noise is barely audible. We frequently stay in hotels and I would say it's one of the quietest for its location, particularly if your room faces the lilly pond park (which is half of the hotel).

Lobby: Spacious, peaceful environment, relaxing.

Room: Bed and bedding is excellent [very comfortable]. Everything was very clean and fresh, as always.

Restaurant: We ate both a dinner and breakfast on our last visit and would recommend it. The only comment I would make regarding the eggs benedict is that the sauce was too buttery tasting, too rich. We regularly enjoy home-made eggs benedict, as well as in restaurants when travelling, and this is the first time I've encountered this. This could have been a one-off with the chef, however, I kindly passed on a comment to the waitress for consideration.

Staff: Always pleasant and obliging.

Parking: Plenty of free parking.

Location: Enjoy a large grocery across the street with a strip-mall containing a Starbucks, pizza place I believe, Subway, and a few other little shops.

Pool/Fitness Center: Spacious, bright, clean. Both pool and fitness center are used nearly every visit by both us parents and our 2 children.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilliwack
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
#7 of 9 in Chilliwack
Harrison Beach Hotel
Harrison Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Coast Chilliwack Hotel? Share your experiences!