“Best in Town”

Coast Chilliwack Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Spent a week staying here whilst visiting friends in Chilliwack.
Highly recommended.
Central to everything in town if you haven't a car to get around.
Rooms are very good and ask to get a room facing over the pond!
The only complaint I would have is there is not a small fridge in the room.
A fridge would make for a perfect score.

Room Tip: 5th floor and up overlooking the pond.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Viking,

Thank you for your comments. I was happy to see that your stay was enjoyable. Please note that we are looking at adding fridges to our inventory soon!
Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have a bad-news, good-news story. I made a reservation with this hotel online. Apparently I didn't read the fine print that said I was unable to cancel my "web-saver" rate and that the reservation was was non-refundable. I've never come across this before. My reservation was for a date that is five months from now. I needed the flexibility to change or cancel my reservation. I didn't realize I was locked in and paid in full.

The good news is that Coast Hotel was friendly enough to cancel my reservation over the phone since I had only just received the confirmation email five minutes prior. The woman on the phone was courteous and responsive.

In the end my experience with Coast Chilliwack was mixed. I felt their non-refundable reservation policy was unfair and misleading. However, the personal assistance I received to rectify the situation was very good. I might give them a second chance, but I'll certainly be sure to read all of the fine print before giving them my credit card information.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank b l
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear BI,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you felt misled, however I am happy that we did resolve this quickly for you. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hotel was good for price. Room was clean except for the pillow case which I assume was not changed after last guest because of all the long human hair on it. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Location good for what I was there for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I just got back to Ontario today after 3 nights at the Coast Chilliwack. A big shout out to Beth at the front desk for being courteous, pleasant and friendly. Her map to the airport was a big help and she was patient enough to answer all my questions with a smile. Also, she helped out by moving me to a new room when it appeared that the folks next door were about to party late into the night.
The room was comfortable and clean.......but the whirlpool could have been warmer.
The hotel is conveniently located with lots of parking. Next time I will stay at a nicer time of year.

Barry P

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barry P
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Barry P,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments of our hotel. We are always happy to hear that our staff went out of their way or took extra time and care with our guests. I will pass along your comments to Beth and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Recently stayed here with a large group in town for a tournament. We selected this hotel due to the rating on Trip Advisor, location and amenities – indoor pool & hot tub!

All of the staff we dealt with were courteous and polite. We were greeted by Ross at the front desk on our initial check in, and spoke with him a few other times over the weekend – he was always very helpful and professional. Although all the rooms for our group weren’t quite ready, we were assigned a different room and checked in early.

Overall the hotel was nice and clean. Our room was clean and well presented. Nothing looked old or worn out. There was a nice selection of toiletries and plenty of towels in the bathroom. Beds were firm.

The pool area was clean and in order. It would be nice to stay there in the summer when you could use the patio adjacent to the pool and hot tub.

We had the breakfast buffet at Preston’s one morning and there was a good selection of food and drinks, and the service was pretty good.

There are a number of shops and services located directly across from the hotel – groceries, take out food, etc.

A very positive experience. Good value. Clean room. Clean hotel. If needing to stay in Chilliwack again we would stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Suisse19

Dear Suisse19,

Thank you for past stay and comments of our hotel. We are very pleased that our team was accommodating and helpful to you during your stay, we look forward to seeing you out this way again.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is an excellent property at an appropriate price. We stayed in Jan. of 2014 at a rate of $101 for a 2 bedded room. Staff were professional but small town friendly. Room was clean, quiet and spacious but just as importantly had its own heating/AC unit which was efficient and quiet. The setting of this hotel is unique - in the city centre on the edge of a city park and large pond. An exceptionally good value.

Room Tip: on the lake side and away from treat traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morgansCanada
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear MorgansCanada,

Thank you for your kind review. The comment about our small town Customer services, serves us well for being refreshingly local.
We hope to see you out this way again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Needed a place to stay for one night , close to home and Coast Hotel came to mind. We were greeted very promptly by the front desk . Very friendly staff all round. Courtney was extremely helpful when it came to finding us the "right" room for our stay. Gave us a great view of the pond with Christmas lights in the background.
It was a very relaxing and stress free stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brett_DeWitt, General Manager at Coast Chilliwack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Karen B.

Thank you for your comments, we were delighted that you chose us for your "Staycation" and we hope to see you again.

Brett DeWitt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilliwack
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Vedder River Inn
Vedder River Inn
#6 of 9 in Chilliwack

Been to Coast Chilliwack Hotel? Share your experiences!