“First Time Sturgeon Fishing and won't be my last with them!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Great River Fishing Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Chilliwack
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1988, we are one of the largest fully guided sport-fishing operators on the Fraser River and it's tributaries. Every year, thousands of tourists from all over the world visit us to experience the world-renowned fishing and natural wonder of the Fraser River in beautiful British Columbia. This calm water fishery features over ten species of sport fish and year round opportunities for the novice and expert angler alike. We fish the #1 Sturgeon, Salmon and Trout rivers in the World. We specialize in multiple styles of fishing to meet the needs of any angler. Have you ever caught or touched a real living Dinosaur? We specialize in targeting White Sturgeon, a species that can grow over 20 feet in length and over a 1000lbs. These magnificent creatures make spectacular jumping displays and runs that will excite every angler. We also fish for all 5 species of Wild Pacific Salmon and boast the largest and most experienced team of fly fishing guides on the entire river. We exclusively travel to the Upper Pitt River and Lillooet River to chase sea run Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Rainbow and migrating Salmon. When fishing with us the opportunities are endless and each adventure is personally customized so you can focus on the reason you are here......to fish!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time Sturgeon Fishing and won't be my last with them!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

On June 26th, I became a fishing addict! This was my first time sturgeon fishing and I can tell you not only was it amazing to catch a sturgeon but our Guide, Dean, is the fish guru! He was so knowledgeable about the species, the Fraser River, the First Nation Bands and conservancy. Plus he told us he was lucky and its true! On top of that, not only have I checked off another item on my bucket list but I have now added another experience to the list - salmon fishing on the Fraser! I have already encouraged a group of my lady friends to join me next time!

Pensacola, FL
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Print out directions ahead of time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Communications with the company were superb. We bought the 4 hour Groupon for a half day of catch and release sturgeon fishing on the Frasier River. There were additional fees for the fishing licenses. Our guide, Curtis, was very informative. We arrived about 20 minutes late because we were delayed over an hour at the border and then got lost downtown, and we didn't have cellular service, so be sure to MapQuest the location or print out the directions from the company. We met our guide, Curtis, on the boat at the launch. There were outhouses available there, or you might consider using the ones at the border if you are coming from the states since you will have time to spare there. Bring your own drinks or snacks. We did catch a baby sturgeon (95 cm?), so it made our day. Dress in layers as the weather is unpredictable, though we had a beautiful day in June. We stayed at the Riverview B & B which was a real treat (see our other reviews). We would highly recommend this company and plan to come back with our son in the future to fish for salmon! It's one of those things to put on your bucket list.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A trip of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just got back from a 4 hour tour with John. This was an experience like no other. We caught one 6 foot monster and another "smaller" 4 footer. Just the boat ride was worth the trip, but the fun of fighting these massive beasts for close to an hour made it a truly excellent afternoon. I would recommend this for anyone.

John was personable and fun to talk to. He knows the river very well and took us around to several spots. He was able to answer any questions we had about the river and sturgeon. A great guide!

North Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“#Doubleheader”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've got this trip as a Valentine's day present and we booked it for the last week of June. It would be a great day on water for us even if we weren't catching any fish. The GRFA paired us with another couple and the boat ride was a blast. Our guide, John, takes a gret pride in finding the best fishing spots. We ended up with #doubleheader, the other guy and I had one fish each and we had to switch port and starboard side of the boat several times as the sturgies fought against us. It was a great end of a great day, we had a 6.5 and a 5 footer!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Absolutely Fantastic Experience!!!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went up the Fraser River to Yale with Dean our Guide for a fantastic trip on the river, to some special spot to fish for Sturgeon. Dean knows the river like the back of his hand and can tell you all about the rivers history and a few fishing stories. He found the right spots for us to catch 3 of the largest game fish in north america. I would highly recommend this fishing adventure to anyone as it's a must do experience for all !!

1 Thank John S