“dont be fool by the exteriou”

Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersSilver level
Delta, Canada
“dont be fool by the exteriou”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel to attend the opening night of the local arts guild musical.....this hotel was booked for me by a local resident. I thought I was in the wrong place when I drove in because of all the trucks in a nearby card lock. Upon entering the lobby and my room I was totally taken aback at the how clean and new the rooms were..This hotel is beside the No 1 highway but we heard nothing from it or the trucks all night....we ate in the lounge and the dining room and was absolutely taken aback at the wonderful use of a courtyard into which these premises opened onto and the food was superb....trust the locals (they know) and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sharon c
Deanna J, General Manager at Best Western Rainbow Country Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Sharon thanks so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you took some time to enjoy the Atrium Dining Room and gardens. We are planning some work on the exterior of our property this year to help with the perception of the truck stop hotel. I appreciate the recommendation to our hotel, and hope that you come to visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed on one on our way to Victoria. We needed a meal and a restful sleep and both were fulfilled. The desk staff was wonderful, we stayed on Saturday April 12/14 arriving late afternoon. I was a bit worried upon arrival seeing young men (seemed to be a work crew), but it was very quiet and we had a great meal in the very quiet peaceful dining room. This is our second time staying at this Best Western and hope it will no be our last.

Room Tip: No breakfast included but we did get a 10% off coupon for dinner. Very helpful front desk staff memb...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased that you took the time to enjoy the Atrium restaurant and gardens. We look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at this motel over the years. I was pleasantly surprised by the recent renovations to the room I stayed in. I did not have time to check out the pool and atrium. I was there on a weekday and the atrium restaurant was not open. I did eat breakfast in the small cafe. The servers were very accommodating and I enjoyed the food.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the interior pool & atrium. If you like to watch that, go for it. If you like a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thanks David for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you join us you’ll have to spend some time in our Atrium. Our gardens create a beautiful, relaxing setting. Whether you’re spending time at the pool or enjoying dinner; the tropical setting is a welcoming experience in such a busy world. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very well located on Hwy 1 - far enough off the hwy that road noise was minimal. Excellent restaurant and lounge attached. Breakfast was NOT included which was disappointing. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Barry P
Thanks Barry for sharing your experience at our property. We really appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

1.Aeroplan miles not credited. Best Western often does not award Aeroplan miles even after repeat requests. Problem has recurred endlessly over the past year. 2. To get a room with one bed, I had to have a wheelchair accessible room. But shower head was left by room service in position too high for person in wheelchair to reach. 3. Bathtub drain dirty. Took 5 minutes to drain water from shower. 4. Do not provide complimentary continental breakfast. 5. Inadequate lighting. Room dark. 6. TV channel selection & reception poor. 7. Restaurant food quality poor. Location just off highway

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Deanna J, General Manager at Best Western Rainbow Country Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Alan, Thanks for sharing your experience at our property. I want to let you know that each Best Western is individually owned and operated. When you stay at our properties we have rules that we follow established by Best Western International. Our property has a few days to post your Reward Points/ Miles to Best Western after you have checked out. I want to assure you that at the Rainbow Country Inn Reward points/miles are posted every day. After that, Best Western posts the awarded points/miles and I am told that it can be a few weeks or even up to a month for the bonus miles to be posted. I can understand your frustration with this as I am an avid collector of travel points as well. I'm not going to address all of your concerns with our property but I do want to let you know that the drains in the rooms are brand new, and the movable shower head has two brackets; when a wheelchair guest is checking in we make the necessary adjustments. Thanks again Alan for the feedback.
Edmonton
Reviewed 13 March 2014

do not expect a good night rest on the weekend at this place, noise from the lounge carries across through the atrium, I expect a good night rest and a nice dinner in a valued hotel, If we wished to go out partying and stay up all hrs we would go to a caberet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank JamesFEdmonton
Deanna J, Manager at Best Western Rainbow Country Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thanks for the review James; I am sorry that your experience at our Hotel didn't meet your standards or ours. I do though apologize on behalf of the staff. We focus heavily on ensuring our guests have a memorable experience. We have already acted on your issues, and have made a change to our existing entertainment contracts. As well, we are looking into insulating in our Lounge. I will be sure to share your review; obviously we still have some work to do. Deanna Johnston, General Manager
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great place when you are travelling with Pets rooms are big clean ,room service good , easy access to out side for dog walks Shopping not to far away , just off the freeway.. not to be over looked as a place to stay on you way to the coast if your tired of driving.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family