“it was great as always and yes we will be back”

Travelodge Chilliwack
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I find that all the people that work there are so great. They are polite and treat my grandchildren like people and not like kids. They answer all and any questions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I recently just stayed at the hotel with my family and our 4 dogs. We had just moved down here to Chilliwack from Alberta. Our stay was excellent. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They showed us our neighborhood and what are the bad and good areas of town. They were very friendly in allowing us to stay longer than scheduled due to our moving truck not arriving in town on time. The hotel is very clean and smells fresh due to the renovations. We couldn't hear the renovations which was great. The pool and hot tub are kept clean and its enjoyable to be able to go for a swim and relax. The price of the hotel is average. Not too expensive at all. Its definatley a great value. The rooms are nice and the staff is amazing. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We recently traveled to this location and right from the moment we walked in the door, things started going wrong.

Inside the front doors, there was a sunken in carpet with a 1/2" lip around the end that we tripped on, so hard that my wife jammed her lower back. Check-in time was 3:00, we had a reservation and our room was not ready yet when we arrived at 4:00pm.

There is a commercial card-lock gas station behind the hotel and the fumes from the gas could be smelled throughout the hotel and parking lot. Our family is sensitive to smells and we could not have the A/C or window open because it made us physically ill. When we talked to staff, their only response was "Oh yeah, that happens from time to time." My wife had to sleep in the car in the parking lot to feel better and the Front Desk staff knew that she had to do that and still no apology, no questions about how they can make us happy.

There were no screens in the windows so even if we wanted to have the window open, we couldn't. Some electrical outlets did not work in our room. Other guests noted that there were drug deals going on in the parking lot (which made us real happy about having to sleep in the parking lot).

At checkout, they advertise HBC rewards points but we could not collect the points because their "machine was acting up" with the desk clerk stating, that it happens all the time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason_Jody
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This hotel met all our expectations. We had a clean, quiet, comfortable room with good WiFi. Parking was free. There was no elevator so we had to carry our bags upstairs. The young woman on the desk kindly offered to help. The downstairs rooms used to be the smoking rooms and are now the pet rooms so we didn't want that and the stairs for us were a minor inconvenience but for someone with mobility issues they would be a problem. The room was much better than we expected for the reasonable price.

We used the restaurant on site for dinner. I have significant food allergies and the server and the chef talked to me and with a few substitutions provided me with a tasty and generous size meal. As with most places with an attached restaurant, breakfast was not included. However there was a large grocery store about 5 minutes drive and we bought milk, yogurt and cereal and made our own.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Our family stayed at the hotel because we were attending the Canadian Grand National BMX Races with our sons. I had booked the room months ago on line and was sent a receipt via email, which I printed off and took with me on this trip! When we arrived we had been placed in a room that stunk like stale smoke, (even though I had booked a non-smoking unit), and the room had an overwhelming stench of algea and mold!!!! I went to the front desk to advise the staff that the room smelled as though the carpet had been shampooed and then the room locked up tight! I got the reply, "That's not a room we have ever had a complaint about before." There was absolutely no effort made on behalf of the staff to ventilate it or to give us another room! We had to leave the window open and the air conditioner on the entire time we were there! There were also no extra blankets in the room and our towels and linens were never changed. In fact, the wet towels were removed from our room and never replaced! I had to go to the front desk all three days and ask for towels, shampoo and soap! The room was also a kitchenette, and no dish soap was supplied! How disgusting is that!
When our friend checked out a day prior to us leaving, she came to me and said, "They wouldn't honour the online reservation prices! I had to pay the full-rate!" So, being the organized person that I am, I took my printed email receipt to the front desk when we checked out today, and sure enough, they were charging us almost $20 a night more than we had booked the room for! The desk clerk wouldn't change the price, so I showed her the receipt. She still wouldn't honour it, but after strongly encouraging her to do so, she finally did charge me the price that I was quoted!
Overall, the staff was unfriendly and uncaring. They were there for the paycheque, not for hospitality and certainly none of them would go an extra step to make our stay pleasant! The desk clerk never even said hello, good-bye or thankyou once to anyone in our family.
The pantry restaurant that is attached has also got below mediocre service and I found that I was resenting leaving tips for any of the service that our family received over this holiday weekend.
We are not hard-to-please people, but a smile and a kind word does go a long way with us, and none of that was to be had by any of the staff in either the hotel or the restaurant!
That is the first and last time that our family will ever darken their doorway!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite ,idle for cooking in suite with full stove, dishwasher and all hotel amenities and excellent , friendly staff ,very helpful.
Idle location ,close to mall and freeway . Swimming pool and hot tub
is added feature to the hotel. .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to tell others how much you enjoy staying with us here at the Travelodge Hotel in Chilliwack.

Good to hear you and your friend fully satisfied stayed in our two bedrooms suite. Our two bed room suite with more space and grandeur, a beautifully appointed home away from home suites that features fully equipped kitchenette, dining area and spaces living area. A separate two bedroom features a queen and double beds.

We always look forward to guests like yourself who return to Chillliwack and use our hotel as their choice of home away from home.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Nice hotel, spacious rooms and indoor swimming pool. The beds were nice, but the rooms are rather basically equipped, but this is reflected in the relatively low price. Overall, a reasonably priced hotel, which is OK for a stay of one or two nights. Recommended for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comment. We are glad that you found our hotel to be of good value. As you mentioned of our standard room, we also have 2 rooms suites, regular suites, business class rooms and kitchenette units.

Our business rooms are located on the upper floors of the hotel with a choice of one king or two queen’s beds, a work desk, upgraded business amenities, fridge and microwave and preferred parking space.We look forward to seeing you again.

Our kitchenette rooms, which have a microwave, mini-fridge, sensor-touch induction stove top, cooking utensils and place settings. They are ideal to create an enjoyable small meal or for long stayed guest

We look forward to seeing you here again soon,

Best Regards,