“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Castlegar, Canada
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stopped late at night travelling to coast as an overnight stay due to the location. Paid by interac. When we got home we discovered a large charge on our credit card and called to inquire and were advised they would investigate. No response from staff a few days later so we called back. Manager told us this was for a mirror we broke. We got to the hotel after 10 pm and checked out next morning at 7 AM and did not do any damages. We are mature adults and gave up partying atleast 25 years ago. We requested a refund and were treated poorly. Advised by the manager to have our lawyer call his. We were never phoned or mailed an invoice for the said damages and have no proof that anything in this hotel was repaired. Needless to say they wrongfully placed charges on our credit card without prior approval.

Room Tip: If you stay here have the manager or staff do a review of the room with you before and when you are...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank AGMC_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kamloops, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

My suggestion, keep driving and find somewhere else to sleep. This hotel is very run down, the rooms are shabby and there is no elevator or complimentary breakfast like other Travelodges. The front desk staff are friendly but not dressed professionally. Rather disappointed as we have stayed in several Travelodges in the past.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 474michey

Travellers are raving about these Chilliwack hotels

Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Upon arriving early (before check-in time) with a big suitcase, the staff immediately provided me with access to a suitable room and helped me place my suitcase on one of the beds.
Then when I was not feeling well at breakfast time, they went above and beyond their duty and brought breakfast to my room.
When travelling home, I realized I had left a ring in my room. It was promptly located and in time safely returned to me. What could have been a traumatic experience renewed my faith in people and I will stay there again whenever I am in the area.

Dorothy C.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dorothy L
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

My family booked a night stay in this hotel for a family wedding we were attending in Chilliwack.The stay started off with trying to get in the front door with all our luggage,child in tow with doors that are on backwards.Front desk staff we friendly enough but made to attemp to help as they watched us struggle to enter.We entered our room only to find it was dirty,dusty and the sheets weren't changed,just made to look like they were.During our stay,suddenly our door cards wouldn't work and we had to go to the front desk for re-activation.This normally wouldn't have bothered me but with a broken foot,child in tow,and no elevator this was an inconvenience.We checked out at 10am the next day. On our way to the ferry we realized we had forgotten our cell phone charger,plugged in and resting on the AC unit.We called right away and asked them to please have a look.With "check in" being 3pm for the next guests we were sure the phone charger would still be there.BUT NOPE! Not an hour after we left it was gone.So my presumption is their cleaning staff would have been the next person to enter our old room.We called another 3 times asking if it was turned in and of course it wasn't,it is in someones pocket from the cleaning department!

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Tofino, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

the staff went out of their way to ensure my stay was both fun and enjoyable...the rooms were very clean...there was no stinting on towels, soaps, coffee tea etc...My very first stay I was treated
like I was royalty and I was very grateful both because of the hour, it was rather late and I had been on the road a bit too long and because I had just rejected a scary room down the road...
I have since returned to that travelodge and will continue doing so every time that I am in the area

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank coyote c
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Our overnight stay could have been a nightmare had it not been for the front desk manager (Jillian Haworth). Our pre-booked room was occupied by other guests and there was only one room available with two queens. The door lock prevented us from exiting that room and it was not ready. We waited patiently for Jillian to do a complete clean up (change linens, clean bathrooms, etc.). All the Chilliwack hotels were booked up so we really had no choice to stay there. Jillian was also kind enough not to charge us for the inconvenience as she recognized that we are returning customers every year. Hope the Travelodge chain reads this and considers improvements for this location.

Room Tip: Did not use fitness center or spa
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lynden, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wive and I reserved a room with a queen bed, but upon arrival, were given a room with a double. But it gets worse. The room was unclean. There was hair in the tub and toilet. The bed had been slept in but the sheets and pillow cases were unchanged. The covers were just pulled up, crooked, and the pillows shabbily tossed at the head of the bed. The room was SMALL!! There wasn't even room for our bags by the bed. It was one of the worst hotel situations I've ever encountered, and I'm 51. So, we asked for a different room, but none was available with a queen bed (like we asked for originally). So, we asked to be released from the reservation. After being assured that we would be, and that no charges would appear on our account, not only were we charged, but we were charged TWICE for a room we never stayed in. It is now 12 days after the fact, and we STILL have not been refunded our money. This has soured me on TravelLodge altogether.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family