“You need to get it righ!”

Travelodge Chilliwack
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“You need to get it righ!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days! because I am low maintenance I didn't have a big issue with this hotel but I can certainly see where others would! The front desk staff was not over accommodating, lacking in knowledge; certainly didn't want to do anything extra like figuring out why I couldn't place a long distance call from my room phone. The hair dryer didn't work, there was a track light out for my 7 days , the fabric shower curtain was sour and was in desperate need of hot water washing (with bleach). I was t ready for housekeeping when they knocked and I asked them to come back in a hour, when I returned later that evening nothing was done (they never came back), same senario the next day, this time I informed the front desk that I would require bousekeeping, returned that evening to the same situation, no beds made and now 2 days of garbage in my room; my bed sheets were not changed in 7 days!!! the air conditioner kept me awake all night with the noise! The lobby computer didn't work and my wifi for my phone kept dropping the connection! And by the way the 'onsite' restaurant that is mentioned on the website, The Pantry, doesn't exist , somewhere along the way, it became IHOP, which was a lovely dining experience , if you only eat breakfast! Overall experience was mediocre to ok!

• Stayed August 2013
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Yvonne B,

Thank you for your valuable time sharing your comments with us. We sincerely apologize for your overall experience at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will ensure each department will take your comments and improve on the standards and quality that each of our guest deserves.

Again, thank you for staying at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. Next time when you are in town, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you will be taken care of with the qualities and services that meet your expectations.

Kevin Poon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Went to eat at the Ihop in the building, on the way out the lawn area my son slipped and fell. I then realized that the area is covered in dog poop and that he slipped and fell in it. I had to take him back into the restaurant and clean him up. They should clean that area up and place signs "Clean up after your animals!" The ignorance of some animal owners!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear tonythefatcat,

Thank you for taking your time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. I would like to have an opportunity to speak to you directly so that we could rectify the situation. Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Kevin Poon

Travellers are raving about these Chilliwack hotels

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Awesome front desk staff as they were friendly and knowledgeable. carpets in hall way were a little deceiving but rumor on the street is that they are cleaning it up very soon. an IHOP is next door which is nice, big portions for a decent price I think anyways. I would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: somewhere away from the ice machine and stairs
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank veronica b
Dear veronica b,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. Our carpets in hallways were just washed by professionals yesterday in order to provide a more enjoyable experience for our guests. Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had to change rooms because our toilet was broken (the bottom of the fridge also had some black guck on it but I didn't have to deal with that because of the toilet) and the room they gave us had a toilet that kept running all the time. Oh well, the front desk clerk (Erik) did his best to help us and make our stay enjoyable. He was efficient and friendly and he moved our belongings himself while we went swimming. The room was clean, the beds were comfy, the kitchenette was well enough stocked, and the pool and swimming area were clean and greatly enjoyed by my children. Overall, I was happy with how the problems were handled and although it's an old hotel with need of updating, the price is relevant to the setting and I would stay here again if I needed a place with a kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear brenda054,

Thank you for your valuable time writing your feedback to us. We sincerely apologize about the bathroom issue that you encountered, but we are glad that our staffs provided the services that you and your family deserved. Thank you again for staying at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack, and we look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

POWELL RIVER
Reviewed 25 July 2013

First off I have to say the staff was great our room however was disappointing first the toilet kept running causing it to condense water all over the floor as well as being so small you can hardly change your mind, the beds were ok but the frame didn't fit the box spring, The floor lamp was broken and propped up against the wall.. As well an overhead light didn't work. Cleaners didn't do a very good job as there was strands of hair still on the floor in the bathroom and dead flies on the window ledge. It was a much better experience room wise on our last visit,

• Stayed July 2013
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear Bctech58,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. We sincerely apologize for the housekeeping service issues that you encountered at our hotel. Your comfort and satisfaction is very important to us, and our team will work harder next time to prevent similar situations happen again.

We hope you will consider staying with us again, and I assure you that you will have an enjoyable experience that each of our guests deserve.

edmonton, ab
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We really enjoyed the Travelodge. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful the entire time. We stayed 3 nights and we were very happy with all aspects of our stay. The rooms were very nice and clean and the beds comfortable. It was nice that everything worked, including the airconditioning, the coffee maker, the ice machine. We had a kitchenette with a stove-top, which heated up quickly as well as a microwave. There was lots of cookware, dishes and utensils. It all helped to make our time there very nice. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear momentum99,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. Our room with kitchenette is one of our guests' favorites as it offers the convenience and comfort that you can expect when you are away from home.

Once again thank you for choosing the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. We look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just an FYI for people that have dogs like we do, this hotel accepts dogs in the older hallway but the side doors to the outside do not work..it's a inconvenience to have to go through the lobby with a big dog, not only because there are always people there, but hey...in the middle of the night if the dog needs to scoot outside, you're not wanting to get all done up and don't want to parade through the lobby in your pj's. ;) If you want food, there is no free breakfast here of any kind. But there is a brand new IHOP that just opened attached to the Hotel. Do you get a discount? NO. Do they do room service? No. But, it was handy anyhow. We got a 2 Q room and it came with a little fridge/mic/rangetop which is nice to have to make breakfast and snackies.

This location is just off the 1, super close to grocery stores and malls and parks, the Vedder River trail is within a few minutes drive and you can walk to the closest Tim Hortons. The YMCA is less than a mile away too.

Ok so the best part of the hotel is the management and staff. They were all great. Even though we expected more and usually stay in nicer places, the staff were all very friendly and that makes a huge difference. When we asked why the pool was like ice water, they were right on top of it and sent the maintenance guy and he fixed it. We travel all of the time for work and sometimes it's ok to do without all the bells and whistles if you have nice people behind the counter and a friendly smile in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear alaskaparks09,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at the Travelodge Chilliwack. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered at our hotel. Due to security reasons, side corridors are remained locked at all times unless there is an emergency. We ask our guests to access the hotel through main entrance in order to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our guests.

We are very glad to hear that the services that our staffs provided meet your satisfaction. Your comfort and enjoyment are always our priority, and we strive to deliver the service and quality that our guests deserve. Thank you again for staying with us at the Travelodge Chilliwack and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,